Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #1
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
spools420a is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
putting soft springs on ebay coilovers

Would putting a softer spring make my ebay junk coils more softer?they are so stiff and hoping I could improve them while I save up money,Thanks.
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2018, 09:28 AM   #2
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Aren’t the brand new Tein street coils like $400?

nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:54 PM   #3
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
junk coilovers will still be junk.

I'd only recommend swift springs if you were to change them TBH, and only because you will be able to use them again on your next set of coilovers. Not that expensive, and since most coilovers have the same spring diameter and length, you could swap them on your next coilover set.

I tried changing springs on basic coilovers (apex, probably the same white brand as ISR, megan racing or D2), tried any combination with 4/5/6/7/8 kg/mm springs. But the hydraulics were just crap so there was nothing to do.

I ended up buying 10/8 springs with FA500 coilovers, and they were more comfy than the previous coilovers with 5/4 springs. The handling ... well of course it was not on par with 4 way ohlins. But it was significantly better than anything i tried with a price tag under 2000$.

At that time fortune auto 500 were the lowest priced WORKING coilovers (couple years ago). Friend of mine sold his tein mono for FA500 after he tried my S13. I think it speaks volumes.
No idea if better coilovers under that budget appeared since, but i seriously doubt any sub 1000$ coilover is acceptable. Except for hard parking.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote