Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:00 AM   #1
mbu144

Trader Rating: (0)
mbu144 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 95 s14 brake bleeding help

Hello Everyone, I was doing my research and I couldn't find a thread that answered my questions. Anyways, I am completely new to this stuff and I picked up a 95 s14 a few weeks ago.

I was working on the brakes since they were in rough condition. I replaced all pads and rotors and replaced both the rear calipers. I then was attempting to bleed the brake system but I made the amateur mistake and drained the reservoir which pumped air into the brake master cylinder. Now my brakes are super spongy and I can push the pedal completely down and the car barely stops.

I was reading on threads that I have to now use the bench bleeding method to get the air out of the brake master cylinder. However, I noticed that the brake master cylinder on this car has a bleeder screw that looks exactly the same as the one that is on all the calipers. I read somewhere that you can use this bleeder screw to bleed the brake master cylinder.

My questions are:

1) Can I use the brake master cylinder bleeder screw to bleed the Brake master cylinder?

2) What order should I follow if I'm going to bleed the brake master cylinder and all four calipers.

Thanks!!!!
mbu144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2018, 06:51 PM   #2
fitbmx180

Trader Rating: (0)
fitbmx180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
essentially you always want to go farthest away from master.. on a LHD car you want to do

1) rear right
2) rear left
3) front right
4) front left
fitbmx180 is offline   Reply With Quote