Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-14-2017, 02:04 PM   #21271
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
So, I just picked up this Thrash seat and I was looking for some opinions on how to restore it a bit. It's pretty faded so I'm already thinking of re-dying it black but I dont want the letters to change color. Will RIT mess with the stitching? Also, the stitching is kind of falling apart. Should I just drop this off at an upholstery or embroidery place and let them handle it? Or can I hand stitch it back? Interior work isn't really my strong suit. Here's some pictures of the logo in its current state.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:55 PM   #21272
sr20saul

Trader Rating: (0)
sr20saul is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sr20saul
s13 steering issue

I was on the free way and i had dropped a gear to speed up as i did that my car quickly turned to the right by itself, even when i slowed down and i tried to switch lanes to the right as well my car would over steer, what can my problem be ?
sr20saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:42 PM   #21273
Roscoe.
Leaky Injector

Roscoe. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe. View Post
Replaced the MAF today to rule it out, and it made no change. Threw in brand new spark plugs, Dizzy Cap and Rotor, and plug wires today as well, no change. Threw some carb cleaner into the IACV tube off the intake, no change. All the injectors are 11.6, and spray proper. Fuel pressure is at 34psi (Although it does spike to 43 when I hit throttle, and then drops back down.). The vacuum port off the TB for the canister (deleted) has always been open and has just started asking for vacuum, I capped it off, and capped it runs better but still shit. Made sure the TPS is at .47. I'm out of ideas of things to check.

[The issue is the car will drop 1-200 rpms when getting on throttle, stutters around 2200 rpm, and is wildly underpowered throughout the rpm. I noticed today that if I stay below half throttle it accelerates smoothly, but above all of the problem pops through, save the rpm drop getting on throttle which happens every time.]
So new developments here. I found that one of my injector to manifold o-rings was leaking air, so I replaced that. Idle is much better now. Problem persisted though. I checked static timing and everything marks up. Ignition timing though is not right at all. At idle, the car runs at TDC. Once throttle is added, it retards heavily, well past timing marks, and when settling back to idle runs at 5*btdc. I still have no codes thrown by the ecu. Any ideas what would make it do this? I've never encountered this before, and have no idea how to fix it.
Roscoe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:28 PM   #21274
240Prax

240Prax is an unknown quantity at this point
Are manual swapped 240s good? Like would the swap be significantly worse than a factory done manual transmission? or are manual swaps pretty much just as good.
my pal says that itll never been the same as a oem manual.....
240Prax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:33 PM   #21275
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
When done CORRECTLY, a manual swap is no different than factory. That "friend" has no idea what he's talking about...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:12 PM   #21276
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

ADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the rough
S14 In-Bay Brake Line Tuck

So I have some Enjuku rewards points and was looking for something to buy to use them. I still have a few things to get while I am doing this here swap thingamajigger.

I was looking at the Chase Bays In-bay Brake Line relocation kit, and the reviews suggest that while it is well made, it is not long enough to actually run under the engine/tranny like they suggest. That's a no-go for me since the main reason I want to tuck them is to get the hard lines off the firewall. Every plastic clip is either broken or just looks shitty, plus bending the lines around to mate to the Z32 master cylinder left them looking sort of wonky. Structurally they are fine, but they just don't look right. It would also free up the area around the MC for the downpipe off the top mount turbo.

So I started looking into building my own and put together a list from anplumbing. I have attached a screenshot of my shopping cart. Can someone take a look and let me know if I am missing anything? I'm pretty sure I have everything needed, but wouldn't want to overlook something stupid. I think 15 feet of PTFE hose will be enough, but haven't actually pulled a tape in the engine bay to confirm. I'd honestly rather have more than I need.

Oh, the Z32 master has the 3rd fitting cone seat installed so the S14 hard lines would match.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ANPLUMBING.jpg (167.0 KB, 13 views)
ADIDASilvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:13 AM   #21277
VTEC_lol
Leaky Injector

VTEC_lol is an unknown quantity at this point
Does code 34 make ecu go in limp mode? Can a faulty knock sensor make fuel cut at 4000 rpm? Or something similiar
VTEC_lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:56 PM   #21278
sr20saul

sr20saul is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sr20saul
I have an SR and i recently changed the oil but there was white smoke coming out of my intake? Has this ever happened to any of you?
sr20saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:33 PM   #21279
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to souljaseth33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADIDASilvias View Post
So I have some Enjuku rewards points and was looking for something to buy to use them. I still have a few things to get while I am doing this here swap thingamajigger.

I was looking at the Chase Bays In-bay Brake Line relocation kit, and the reviews suggest that while it is well made, it is not long enough to actually run under the engine/tranny like they suggest. That's a no-go for me since the main reason I want to tuck them is to get the hard lines off the firewall. Every plastic clip is either broken or just looks shitty, plus bending the lines around to mate to the Z32 master cylinder left them looking sort of wonky. Structurally they are fine, but they just don't look right. It would also free up the area around the MC for the downpipe off the top mount turbo.

So I started looking into building my own and put together a list from anplumbing. I have attached a screenshot of my shopping cart. Can someone take a look and let me know if I am missing anything? I'm pretty sure I have everything needed, but wouldn't want to overlook something stupid. I think 15 feet of PTFE hose will be enough, but haven't actually pulled a tape in the engine bay to confirm. I'd honestly rather have more than I need.

Oh, the Z32 master has the 3rd fitting cone seat installed so the S14 hard lines would match.
I have this kit, and used it in my s13. It worked well and I was able to run it down, and along my sub-frame under the engine.
souljaseth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:39 PM   #21280
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Prax View Post
Are manual swapped 240s good? Like would the swap be significantly worse than a factory done manual transmission? or are manual swaps pretty much just as good.
my pal says that itll never been the same as a oem manual.....

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, adding manual isn't the same as a factory one. Lol wow *dead when done CORRECTLY there is NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL wouldn't want to take anymore advice from said "friend" he might just tell you that swapping over to Z32 brakes dual pistons are worse and you should leave it OEM single piston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:16 AM   #21281
DailySX

DailySX is an unknown quantity at this point
Are the radiator hoses for KA24DE and KA24E identical/interchangeable?
DailySX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:54 PM   #21282
Johannes
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Johannes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Anybody have any personal experience with these seats? I don't have them in person. Curious if there'll be enough headroom to fit in an S14, with custom seat brackets.

Johannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:39 PM   #21283
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
ebay garbage?

Prob sit too tall anyway.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:39 AM   #21284
Johannes
Zilvia Member

Naww, they came off of a Nissan in Japan- not sure which car
Old 08-20-2017, 05:52 AM   #21285
GibsonS

GibsonS is an unknown quantity at this point
I own a 1991 s13 240sx and I would like to ask about wheel fitment. I want to get cosmic mr7 18x9 +25 but I don't know what size tire I should get to make the wheels fit I was think a 235/40/18 all around I've searched all around but not a lot of People run 18s in 240sx please help. I'm okay with rolling or pulling fenders and I have Bc br racing coilovers for suspension.
GibsonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #21286
Johannes
Zilvia Member

GibsonS, try searching rimtuck. Found this one there;

Black coupe
F: 18x9 +25 245/35R18
R: 18x9 +25 255/35R18
http://rimtuck.com/photos/2101/1463770809.jpg

Search result:
http://rimtuck.com/search/thumbnails...idthr=9&sort=1
Old 08-20-2017, 11:48 AM   #21287
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes View Post
Anybody have any personal experience with these seats? I don't have them in person. Curious if there'll be enough headroom to fit in an S14, with custom seat brackets.
Those seats, if real, would have come out of a Nismo S-Tune GT 350z. But they were faked pretty often by a now defunct company called X3 Racing. Fingers crossed its real because its a relatively rare seat. Only 20 per month were made during production and the price was nearly $60k new. I'd imagine they would fit the same as other 350z seats which is a bit higher than s14s.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #21288
Johannes
Zilvia Member

I saw them in Jap auctions. Was about to buy it through Jesse but shipping was a shit ton. Description said it came out of Nissan Micra K12 not sure if authentic or not.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:59 PM   #21289
GibsonS

Quote:

Black coupe

Search result:
Thanks for your response and yeah I looked at rimtuck I just didn't know if the coupe s13 was different from the hatchback and wanted to make sure my fitment was right.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:05 PM   #21290
GibsonS

Quote:

Black coupe

Search result:
Thank you for your response and I did see that on rimtuck.com but I wanted to make sure that my fitment was correct and I also didn't know if the s13 coupe was at all different from the hatchback s13 in regards to wheel fitment.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #21291
VTEC_lol
Leaky Injector

I bought a japspeed elbow-downpipe-cat for my s14a but the damn downpipe doesnt fit if I keep the heat shield above it and even if I didn't it still hits the body of the chassis. It was advertised as bolt on fitment but even the bracket on the downpipe is waaay off the chassis, would a flange spacer on elbow fix this?
Old 08-21-2017, 01:42 PM   #21292
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
sounds like you skimped out and bought a cheap knock off part... should probably throw it in the garbage and get something else. not being a dick, just saying that a lot of cheaper parts tend to fit poorly.... or you can always have it cut and rewelded to fit properly

honestly, one of the best "affordable" down pipes ive ever used is Megan due to it being one of the few to have a built in flex section. not only does this help in fitment angles, it prevents vibrations and movement in the exhaust section from rocking your turbo loose.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:01 PM   #21293
VTEC_lol
Leaky Injector

Well it was a decent priced flexi downpipe and it seems pretty good quality for the price, BUT the parts are for s14 zenki but I got the elbow-downpipe-cat so japspeed stated it would fit then, but idk I think I'll buy a flange and just weld a better fitting bracket or try to reuse the old one. If it still doesnt fit I'll prob buy a megan pipe
Old 08-21-2017, 03:44 PM   #21294
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

just take it to an exhaust shop... shouldnt be too hard to have fixed

Old 08-23-2017, 12:37 PM   #21295
VTEC_lol
Leaky Injector

Alright so I got the new exhaust and it works but it doesn't have a hole for the second O2 sensor or temp sensor so now my wideband shows 20:0 all times, should I get a nut welded to the decat pipe for it or whats the best solution?
Old 08-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #21296
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC_lol View Post
Alright so I got the new exhaust and it works but it doesn't have a hole for the second O2 sensor or temp sensor so now my wideband shows 20:0 all times, should I get a nut welded to the decat pipe for it or whats the best solution?
Best option is to have a bung welded on for the second O2 sensor.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:42 PM   #21297
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Best option is to have a bung welded on for the second O2 sensor.
They make no weld ones too, but yea...

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...ounting-clamps
Old 08-26-2017, 12:14 PM   #21298
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Recommendations for stock s14 ka24de air filter besides oem nissan?
Old 08-26-2017, 03:55 PM   #21299
240Prax

240Prax is an unknown quantity at this point
Soon I will be doing a smog check on a 240 I just purchased, the issue is the car doesnt have a cat atm, i went to a nearby Nissan parts store and they quoted me $350 for an OEM cat, to pass smog does it matter if the cat is OEM, also is there any specific things to look for when buying an aftermarket cat?
240Prax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #21300
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Prax View Post
Soon I will be doing a smog check on a 240 I just purchased, the issue is the car doesnt have a cat atm, i went to a nearby Nissan parts store and they quoted me $350 for an OEM cat, to pass smog does it matter if the cat is OEM, also is there any specific things to look for when buying an aftermarket cat?
CATCO makes a bolt on 3" high flow cat. Has a heat shield and looks close enough to OEM to pass the visual part.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote