Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
DownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DownSouthSlider
Another Ls1 s13 swap build yada yada yada...

I already know a few of you hate my paint choice. We dont have a shop nor all the proper tools do be doing all of this but we work with what we have. I dont care to be honest.

So with that out of the way here we go...

As some of you may know this is what my s13 used to look like

this is what i ragged on for a couple years with the a/c iced up

sold the KA,tranny, and sil front and skirts about a year ago.....car has been sitting in my garage with an inch of dust on it. since i sold my truck last month i bought all my swap stuff for this piece of crap

got my stuff from Sikky.com through HELLACALLIJOSH @ BLU808.

We finally decided to get rolling on this damn thing a couple months ago, pops came to the house and grabbed the trailer and car and brought it down to the Becker-Racing Headquarters so we can get rocking.

First thing we wanted to get the engine bay prepped and ready for the new stuff

after we cut out the rad support and inner fender area we took out all the wiring as well. no more power door locks but we will keep the power windows until further notice

all the a/c stuff is gone dont worry though we have something up our sleeves... you think imma sweat my balls off in South Florida?? ha

removed the whole electric sunroof assembly

We are not fabricators or welders by any means but we get the job done. Picked up a new radiator and grabbed a pretty banged up front bumper from a buddy so we can finish the mock up of the front. The bumper wont be an issue to repair, ive seen my father fix worse off glass parts in the past.

no hood issues with rad cap location

Slight mock up for the fuel cell. The cell brace will be mounted under the trunk skin. Of course a bulkhead will be mounted between the cockpit and trunk.

Ditched the dash...pops started mocking up a glass dash just for the bare necessities

the front top and bottom brace are just about ready for paint....welded some supports/Dzus faster tabs for the fenders and bumper..also finished making the hood pin/rad support plates.

check out my sweet curb feelers

also finished the fuel cell rack and welded it in place. we are going to lay sheet metal just up to the edges of the cell once the new roll cage goes in since mine isnt legal. Just have grab some hardwar from the shop to bolt the cell to the rack. then we will locate the battery back there as well of course

i suck at welding by the way! This is the rear bumper support im welding up.

here the support is on the car now. we used the stock bumper support mounts since they bolt up just fine.

my dookie welds after the grinder got ahold of them....

DownSouthSlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

DownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really niceDownSouthSlider is just really nice
Bumper back in place...need to adjust it so it doesnt boe up the middle but for the most part its ready for paint now.

and here is my dads other project...he has just about restored it completely to original state from the 60s... all hand crafted wood with glass cowlings and a buick V6 motor...should do over 100mph on the water when its done!

mounting the fenders,skirts and front bumper with the fastners...

made some brackets with cut off fender pieces to mount the fenders...

some wrinkle finish for the dash...

the under side of one of the hoods we have. gonna do the same to the other one as well.

i didnt care as much to do so but pops was set on painting stuff on the motor lol

swapped out the oil pans/pick ups,etc.

custom toilet lid yo

since we dont have a shop with a lift and all that fancy stuff yes the car stayed on the trailer. it aint a backyard build if you dont make things happen old school style. Motor and trans mounted, driveshaft fits right in, headers were some what of a breeze..it pays to spend money i guess!

the roof scoop is just about done. needs some more fairing in and paint.

he made some rad (as he calls it) "Nascar style" hood hindges to go along with the "Nascar style" hood.

He also got all the body pieces fitted on the car. needs minor adjustments here and there but its good for now.

DONT MIND THE DIFFERENT SIZE TIRE ON THE FRONT PASSENGER SIDE. JUST ON THERE TO ROLL THE CAR AROUND FOR THE MEAN TIME!

i am happy with the out come so far of the car. couldnt have done it without my pops being so motivated! i love that dude!

so still need a few things for it to be started up and tested out. hopefully within the next month or so we will be driving this thing! cant wait!!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
keep up the work rodd!
Krusty_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Looking pretty darn cool. You are building it your way with your tools which is sweet. I look forward to seeing it complete.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Wow! This thing is turning out great. I love the innovation you're using in this build!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #6
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

blingbling is an unknown quantity at this point
The "Nascar" style hood hinges are sick. Looking forward to the video of this beast when your finished.
blingbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #7
Hayaku Kenji
Leaky Injector

Hayaku Kenji is on a distinguished road
Great build. Only a few questions though.
1- What type of paint did you use?
2- What metal did you use for the tube front and is it track/ "spec" legal?
3- Is the way that the front is bolted on, is that track legal as well?
4- Lastly, what are you gonna do for head lights?
Hayaku Kenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:33 AM   #8
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
sexcii-zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
the build is awesome...im feeling the hood hinges, tubed front, n the purple contrasting the green then the red adds the icing...gl keep it up
sexcii-zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #9
dts13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
dts13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
lookin good, keep up the good work
dts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #10
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayaku Kenji View Post
Great build. Only a few questions though.
1- What type of paint did you use?
2- What metal did you use for the tube front and is it track/ "spec" legal?
3- Is the way that the front is bolted on, is that track legal as well?
4- Lastly, what are you gonna do for head lights?
1: paint is single stage Imron paint.
2: we used just regular steel from i think home depot. and according to Doug from SWD its legal for the track. that dude knows the rule books like the back of his hand. everything i do i confirm with him first since he is the tech guy as well.
3: like above according to Doug everything that we are doing is legal. when everything is together it is solid as if everything was OEM fitment. But super fast easy access.
4: We are going to do a plexi or lexan glass over mounted fog lights or whatever.

kind of like this.

i have another hood that will probably do this to for variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexcii-zenki View Post
the build is awesome...im feeling the hood hinges, tubed front, n the purple contrasting the green then the red adds the icing...gl keep it up
yea the multicolor is a hit or miss with alot of people. Ive had people say the engine bay looks like this dude...

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. i cant wait to drive this thing.

oh stay tuned for exhaust pictures hopefully this weekend.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #11
thenooblet
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
thenooblet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think the colors are the worst part...with all due respect
thenooblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #12
NismoPlsr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
NismoPlsr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Great work for a "backyard shop".

I like the use of dzus fasteners. More people should use those instead of zip ties. The sunroof scoop is sweet too. Also, the hood hinges are trick.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #13
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenooblet View Post
I think the colors are the worst part...with all due respect
no worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoPlsr View Post
Great work for a "backyard shop".

I like the use of dzus fasteners. More people should use those instead of zip ties. The sunroof scoop is sweet too. Also, the hood hinges are trick.
yea zip ties are for in a pinch type use. the fastners are a more professional look and function
Old 10-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #14
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Looking good! Love the one-off parts you guys are making.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #15
JesusFreakDrifter
Zilvia Addict

JesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud of
hot shitt....came a long way from the old black coupe on sportmaxxes...ricky cash
JesusFreakDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #16
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Looking good! Love the one-off parts you guys are making.
thanks dude. we have some more cool things in the works too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreakDrifter View Post
hot shitt....came a long way from the old black coupe on sportmaxxes...ricky cash
ah whats up ricky. long time no see dude!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #17
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
try using only black when u want to paint stuff
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #18
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
good work!! post vids when its up and running!!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #19
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

hope to have it running soon. maybe the end of the month
Old 10-06-2011, 12:47 AM   #20
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

sexcii-zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
yea the multicolor is a hit or miss with alot of people. Ive had people say the engine bay looks like this dude...

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. i cant wait to drive this thing.

oh stay tuned for exhaust pictures hopefully this weekend.[/QUOTE]

lol i think more of the hulk

sexcii-zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:15 AM   #21
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
yeah its different,...but im diggin the fuck out of it mang

keep it up!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #22
Hayaku Kenji
Leaky Injector

Hayaku Kenji is on a distinguished road
Awesome man. Thanks for answering most people would just ignore lol. But car looks great! Wish I had the sources to weld and stuff :'(
Hayaku Kenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #23
comablack783
Leaky Injector

comablack783 is on a distinguished road
tight work! ive seen your thread over at the local forum. always liked the color and the fact that you kept the grey stripe around the car, any particular reason why you switched to pop ups?
comablack783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #24
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
It's kind of nice to see a car not professionally built, but backyard built. Good job!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #25
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayaku Kenji View Post
Awesome man. Thanks for answering most people would just ignore lol. But car looks great! Wish I had the sources to weld and stuff :'(
no problem dude. i have nothing to hide lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by comablack783 View Post
tight work! ive seen your thread over at the local forum. always liked the color and the fact that you kept the grey stripe around the car, any particular reason why you switched to pop ups?
i got 700 bucks and a flip up front for the sil front. plus i got bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
It's kind of nice to see a car not professionally built, but backyard built. Good job!
thanks dude!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #26
Corpsebride
BANNED

Corpsebride is an unknown quantity at this point
So dope.
Keep up the work. Can't wait for more pics
Corpsebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #27
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsebride View Post
So dope.
Keep up the work. Can't wait for more pics
Thanks. Hope to have some updates this weekend
Old 10-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #28
JasianBlazin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
JasianBlazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
lol @ "i love my filipino wife" sticker.
JasianBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #29
DownSouthSlider
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasianBlazin View Post
lol @ "i love my filipino wife" sticker.
haha yea she is the one who got me into drifting so i have to show some love.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #30
Vitzio240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Vitzio240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice build man! Great props to you and your dad! theres no place like home to build a car. keep up the good work and keep us updated, i want to see this thing up and running!