Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-12-2017, 02:07 PM   #91
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Juucso is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What if you installed a blacked out plexi glass to the wing and use a small led strip on the trunk to make it light up when braking?
Old 12-12-2017, 03:00 PM   #92
Sailor
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Sailor is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This build its nuts, I like it
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:21 PM   #93
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Very tastefully done.
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:06 AM   #94
MattDuqueBMX

MattDuqueBMX is an unknown quantity at this point
I really like this. Definitely an out of the ordinary S13 build. Keep up the progress!
MattDuqueBMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:45 PM   #95
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
please don't drift and wreck this....
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:12 PM   #96
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
This build is fucking insane, every update you one-up yourself with an even cooler, rarer part or hell parts I've never even known existed.

Props to you man.
More info on the wide body car you got.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:26 PM   #97
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ESCAPE! is making a name for him/her selfESCAPE! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hahah thanks for the comments everyone. I dont really have a lot to update unfortunately.. It mostly just needs small stuff done and paint at this point. My normal painter retired back in September and ive just been sort of putting it off because of that.

However i did run the car again for the first time with the new turbos. The coolant line to the rear turbo leaked which was not too fun to repair but besides that it went smooth.

Got some new tires for the silver panasports

Welded some new fittings on my PS pump and reservoir which finished up my powersteering / cooler system

And lastly i purchased some ikeya formula rear lower arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
What if you installed a blacked out plexi glass to the wing and use a small led strip on the trunk to make it light up when braking?
Thats essentially what im planning on doing now but instead of plexi i trimmed an OEM third brake light. I dont really like the look of LEDs and i dont think theyd suit this car so im going to try having some sort of light diffuser in there as well.

Would be so much easier if i just fit the full OEM light but i dont want to cut up the hatch haha

Old 12-13-2017, 10:37 PM   #98
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

ESCAPE! is making a name for him/her selfESCAPE! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
This build is fucking insane, every update you one-up yourself with an even cooler, rarer part or hell parts I've never even known existed.

Props to you man.
More info on the wide body car you got.
Thanks man! Sorry but I think im going to keep that one a secret until this one is done haha. Its been pretty hard focusing my time and money on this car knowing whats next
Old 12-14-2017, 03:53 AM   #99
BigKriss
Leaky Injector

BigKriss is making a name for him/her selfBigKriss is making a name for him/her self
Love the silver engine bay, did mine in white. Awesome build here.
BigKriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:09 AM   #100
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCAPE! View Post
Would be so much easier if i just fit the full OEM light but i dont want to cut up the hatch haha

Look into electroluminescent light strips/panels. Seems like you can pretty much cut them into any size/shape you want and its a full panel back lighting unlike LED's.

Last edited by tuzzio; 12-18-2017 at 08:05 AM..
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:06 AM   #101
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

lonewanderer is making a name for him/her selflonewanderer is making a name for him/her self
Whatever happened to that ARC catch can you had previously installed? Also, one minor thing I believe you may have overlooked (if you care about mundane things as this) is that JDM cars do not have the rear light markers. Personally have this deleted on my own car and makes the car look do much better. Just some food for thought before you paint
lonewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:09 AM   #102
Ktsn_n

Ktsn_n is making his/her stupidity well-knownKtsn_n is making his/her stupidity well-knownKtsn_n is making his/her stupidity well-knownKtsn_n is making his/her stupidity well-known
Looking for Motor Swap Shop

Hey, I'm interested in doing a motor swap for my 240 as well! Would you guys happen to know a shop that does good work?
Ktsn_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:15 AM   #103
Lochie

Lochie is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man, could you do a write up about how you did the AFR into the clock keen to do it to mine
Lochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:35 AM   #104
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochie View Post
Hey man, could you do a write up about how you did the AFR into the clock keen to do it to mine
Incase OP dosent respond I PM'ed you a tutorial on what I did to install mine, may be different from his way.

Was hoping there was a update to this thread =/
Old 11-30-2018, 07:21 AM   #105
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
God damn, mega build!
Old 12-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #106
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

lonewanderer is making a name for him/her selflonewanderer is making a name for him/her self
OP please update the thread! I need to know how this car turned out
Old 12-06-2018, 12:53 PM   #107
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
insane build with crazy attention for detail. i love how you modded the valve covers and added the fins back in. super small stuff like that probably takes a while, but its totally worth it in the end.

also awesome to see someone collecting hard to find parts and not immediately flipping them.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:21 AM   #108
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post

also awesome to see someone collecting hard to find parts and not immediately flipping them.
There should a way to put more emphasis on this.
Old 12-09-2018, 02:54 PM   #109
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Thank you everyone for all the kind replies! I have been busy with other projects and sort of pushed this to the side (which is dumb) for the last year or 2. I do have a couple small things to update though

I went back to stock S14 knuckles in the front, im not going to be drifting this car (not very much at least) so figured they were unnecessary. Also changed to ikeya formula tie rods at this point

I have wanted to have a fiberglass or carbon sunroof for quite a while but still wanted to be able to open and close the sunroof. All the ones i could find for sale were a full sunroof delete kit.

So i took a mold from the original sunroof glass

Decided to make my first one from FRP, i think it will look better paint matched rather than carbon and the weight savings isnt a big deal to me for this car

I also got this cool coolant overflow, ive been trying to get one of these for a while. I bid on one on yahoo once but it went for too way much and it just made me want one more haha

They are all brass and made by Koyo for MCR factory cars. Probably why this one was painted purple. The paint was in rough shape though and i really like the brass so i polished it

Im not sure if Koyo made a non-MCR factory version or if the MCR etching on this one was sanded off when it was prepped for paint but here is what they look like with the etching

Lastly, opinions which skirts should i paint? Border racing or ikeya formula. Im really back and forth on this haha

Old 12-09-2018, 02:55 PM   #110
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochie View Post
This is the only other photo i have from when i did it. I actually purchased the AFR meter as a kit from wide-band.com and the display didnt come in any housing or anything so it was easy to fit into the cluster. Just removed the old clock and some dremel work on the cluster. I dont see the exact kit on their site anymore..

Old 12-09-2018, 03:45 PM   #111
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

First set of side skirts get my vote, but up to you and either way it's going to look sweet!

That MCR Factory overflow is money. I've only seen one other one.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:51 PM   #112
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

paint both! then you can alternate when you feel its necessary !
Old 12-10-2018, 08:03 AM   #113
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
I'm all for the border skirts. As much as the ikeya formula ones match the rear valance, the border ones look better to me IMO
Old 12-10-2018, 09:07 AM   #114
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I love the ikeya skirts without the fillers...
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:56 AM   #115
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
The rear valence has a line that kicks up which matches the line that kicks up on the Ikeyas.. so that'd be my vote.
I didn't know you had a thread for your build on here, it's so sick!
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:18 PM   #116
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelcoupe View Post
The rear valence has a line that kicks up which matches the line that kicks up on the Ikeyas.. so that'd be my vote.
I didn't know you had a thread for your build on here, it's so sick!
That line you're talking about is also present on the GP sports side skirts and look killer when combined imo
Old 12-29-2018, 07:11 PM   #117
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Border skirts 10000% IMO.

Really neat build all in all.

More of your motorbike please.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:57 AM   #118
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Bump, we need updates. Keep the build threads alive.
Old 03-24-2022, 10:35 AM   #119
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Bumping this up again. lets get revivals going.
Old 03-24-2022, 06:11 PM   #120
slow_sr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
slow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Bumping this up again. lets get revivals going.
Yes. This car is sick. I would love to see more!!!
slow_sr20 is offline   Reply With Quote