Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: So which one is it?
Mobil/Exxon 31 16.67%
Shell 36 19.35%
76 28 15.05%
Arco 7 3.76%
Chevron 40 21.51%
Texaco 3 1.61%
Anything as long as my car can burn it 41 22.04%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2005, 03:11 PM   #31
r32gtr
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (0)
r32gtr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I use sunoco 94, or shell 93 if there isn't a sunoco around.
r32gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2005, 04:36 PM   #32
AlligatorBling
BANNED

AlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to AlligatorBling Send a message via Yahoo to AlligatorBling
To all who say, its not all the same, cheap gas will kill your car, and any other claims that are similar... I have a bit to share with you.

i use gas from a gas station run by quickie food... it was Amoco for a long time, then was sold and is now called "Petro Power" its the cheapest gas in town.... before they changed over i asked who was buying out the store and what kind of gas would be sold.... to my surprise, chevron.... i couldn't believe it... the next day when i came by guys in chevron uniforms were scraping off the Amoco labels on the pumps and replacing them with "Petro Power" and if you catch the trucks filling up the pumps, sure enough.... Chevron trucks....
AlligatorBling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:26 AM   #33
supportTHEezln
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
supportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to supportTHEezln
I use 76 also, and agree about the ethanol statement earlier. For those of you that don't know, if you run ethanol under boost it cools. So the air is more dense which means better kaboom and a faster airflow and the alcohol burns hotter. I wish there was a gas station that runs a higher percentage! (cause the amount in 76 gas is really very little haha!)
supportTHEezln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:48 PM   #34
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
In mom's Kia, it's the cheapest 87 octane I can find, but rest assured when the coupe is finished I will be going out of my way to an Aamoco or Mobil station for their 93 octane... I'm going to cry to be back paying $1.95/Gallon again

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 03:05 PM   #35
nlzmo400r
Zilvia FREAK!

nlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to nlzmo400r
I figure its gas, im gonna pay it anyway, why get the cheap shit? Overall i would save, probably 200 bucks in a entire year by using cheap 87 octane. So i just make sure i cut back on wendy's and put nothin but aamoco 93 in er

[email protected] - gt32 .6bar
nlzmo400r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:49 AM   #36
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
I always run Shell....When I can't run Shell its BP or Exxon.
Ghettokracker71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:28 AM   #37
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
For my SOHC, i get Valero or 76 as often as i can, and always 89 octane. For my SR i get 100 octane from the pump @ 76 (4.30/gallon)or whichever racetrack i go to(5.50/gallon) and sometimes 91 when there's no racegas around(2.20/gallon)
Old 01-28-2005, 01:35 PM   #38
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Highest we have in Cali is 91, so thats what I buy.

And I always get Shell.

Cus I like the fishie.
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:24 AM   #39
D1champ
Zilvia Junkie

D1champ is on the path to ruinD1champ is on the path to ruin
Petro Canada 94 Octane @ $1.34/L CAD
D1champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:41 PM   #40
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
Is valero good?! hahaha

people always ask me why the fuck i criticize about using cheapo gas places. Alright... yes they use the same pipeline to transport their gas, and sometimes the gas that say 76 takes out on one side was actually the gas that Shell put in on the other side. It's all the same... UNTIL they put in their additives. That's what matters. I love the History Channel
Old 07-28-2006, 07:14 PM   #41
shayrgob240
Zilvia Junkie

shayrgob240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to shayrgob240
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoOfSilence
Is valero good?! hahaha

people always ask me why the fuck i criticize about using cheapo gas places. Alright... yes they use the same pipeline to transport their gas, and sometimes the gas that say 76 takes out on one side was actually the gas that Shell put in on the other side. It's all the same... UNTIL they put in their additives. That's what matters. I love the History Channel
yup, it's ALL about the additives. One of those additives won't allow the gas to freeze or helps at least (that's the only additive I know of, there are plenty more though).
shayrgob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:29 PM   #42
TipStylez
Zilvia Addict

TipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enough
I use chevron because the colors! And the cute lil cartoon drawings! Makes me think my car is happy =]
TipStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:29 AM   #43
nsn240
Zilvia Addict

nsn240 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nsn240
wheres sunoco?? i run the 93 or 94 depending on prices... sunoco is usually really good, but the 94 is like $3.25 a gallon

what the hell is a '76'?
nsn240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:32 AM   #44
TipStylez
Zilvia Addict

TipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enough
76 is a gas station.

Only one i know that had a 76 antenna ball for cars haha.
TipStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:56 AM   #45
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftyour40
Chevron 91 every time no matter how broke I am. And I am. About $2.25 a gal.
Except this one time I was hanging out w/ downshift180 I put some no name shit in there and burned through it like it was water.
This post was made back in 1/05. Now (7/06) it's $3.35/gal. Unreal
usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:40 PM   #46
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
damn right its unreal. I even remember that night driftyour40 was talking about. Wish gas was only 2.25..
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:45 AM   #47
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdmsilvia
This post was made back in 1/05. Now (7/06) it's $3.35/gal. Unreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift180
damn right its unreal. I even remember that night driftyour40 was talking about. Wish gas was only 2.25..
That's nothing.. Look what Philip wrote..(below)

That's where i want gas to be... I remember when it was 1.60 for cheap and 1.85 for premium back in 03

Looks like the average is that it goes up a dollar a year since Bush has been around.. That's insane !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
In mom's Kia, it's the cheapest 87 octane I can find, but rest assured when the coupe is finished I will be going out of my way to an Aamoco or Mobil station for their 93 octane... I'm going to cry to be back paying $1.95/Gallon again
ONYX S-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #48
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
where the hell are you guys getting gas for under $2? Jesus Christ it was $2.70 some odd for 87 octane in NC before I deployed.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:07 PM   #49
HKsilvia
Zilvia Junkie

HKsilvia is on the path to ruinHKsilvia is on the path to ruin
Send a message via ICQ to HKsilvia
before swap i take mid-grade from either shell, chevron or 76
after swap always shell V-power, maybe chevron techron once in a while, car got addicted to shell, if i use anything else, some shit is gonna happen.

i know its expensive...
HKsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:39 AM   #50
rotation3x
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
rotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rotation3x
I run 93 from BP
rotation3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:53 PM   #51
Pennyman

Pennyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pennyman
I run the cheapest stuff I can find, 87 because I'm a cheap bastard. My Z runs fine because I haven't up'ed the compression.

I use 89 on autocross days.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #52
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
usually use chevron 93 sometimes i have to use the discount zone gas, $3.30 a gallon......
hellion240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:32 PM   #53
kuramaya
Nissanaholic!

kuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfection
I run base 93 (at least thats what thepump says) 3 yimes a month. Once a months I use offbase "High Oku" which caost me about 70 bucks to fill my tank...
Old 08-15-2006, 03:08 AM   #54
redsuns3838
Zilvia Addict

redsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to redsuns3838
hmm, gas is gas is gas, is not really true. but some of the major gas brands do share gas, but like the posters said there are additives.
i try to stay with 76 since they offer race gas i figure their gas is probably good. but i live in cali so 91 is the best i get.
redsuns3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:20 PM   #55
sil40drift

sil40drift is on a distinguished road
If you have turbo or high compression N/A'S like more than 9:1

You NEED to run mid - high octane gas. In a nut shell. the octane rating is how much the gas can be compressed before it spontaniously ignites.

I had a 3000gt N/A with a 10:1 comp stock. if i ran anything less than 91 it was bad for the engine because it would occasionaly combust before the piston reached TDC.

If your driving a sports car, RUN higher octane gas just to be safe. it will extend your engine life and performance.

I look at it like this. Say 93 is 20-30 cents more than 87 ike it is here. that means every 10 gallons, your paying 2-3 dollars more. so thats about 4-6 dollars more per filllup. its REALLY not a big deal if you love your car and love to drive
sil40drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:49 PM   #56
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
if you live near boating areas, the river etc. you can get very high octane from the pump, I purchased 110 from the pump a while back, the best part, we only purchased 3~ gallons, but becouse of some error and the pump was old, it kept the fuel flowing, full tank 110 octane 8~ bucks, priceless
Old 08-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #57
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
Dude... Get A Grip Of That Stuff And And Sling It On The Side.. I'd Buy A Barrell !!
ONYX S-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #58
topsecretgold
Zilvia FREAK!

topsecretgold is a jewel in the roughtopsecretgold is a jewel in the roughtopsecretgold is a jewel in the roughtopsecretgold is a jewel in the roughtopsecretgold is a jewel in the roughtopsecretgold is a jewel in the roughtopsecretgold is a jewel in the rough
arco by default cuz its the closest but if i can i hit up chevron and always 91 of course
topsecretgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:33 AM   #59
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONYX S-13
Dude... Get A Grip Of That Stuff And And Sling It On The Side.. I'd Buy A Barrell !!

yahh hahaha i remmber theplace hahaha :hammer:

Old 08-25-2006, 01:08 PM   #60
wingsnthangs
Zilvia Junkie

wingsnthangs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wingsnthangs
Chevron, occasionally Costco
87 octane
wingsnthangs is offline   Reply With Quote