Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 11-02-2016, 06:21 PM   #1
nomoremrriceguy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
nomoremrriceguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Registering out of state car in CA?

Anyone here have experience doing so? It's my first time doing this and I'm getting the car from Florida next week. It's JZ swapped, but I already have smog taken care of. As far as the "verification of vehicle" goes when you're at the office are they just going to verify the VIN and fuck off? I'm worried they might pop the hood, see the JZ and send it to state ref, or just hope that the DMV person has no idea what theyre looking at
nomoremrriceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2016, 08:26 PM   #2
68whiskey
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
68whiskey is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I think its one of those YMMV things , I had to do it twice , once on an integra and another time on a GTO. With the integra they looked over the engine and other things , with the GTO they only really cared about the VINs/stickers.
68whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:02 AM   #3
nomoremrriceguy
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68whiskey View Post
I think its one of those YMMV things , I had to do it twice , once on an integra and another time on a GTO. With the integra they looked over the engine and other things , with the GTO they only really cared about the VINs/stickers.
do you think the DMV people would be smart enough to tell a 1jz isnt stock in a 240? lol
Old 11-08-2016, 03:21 PM   #4
KJR50
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (12)
KJR50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Are you AAA member? Do itttt. Best money spent, much shorter line and no hassle (out of state reg).
KJR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:04 PM   #5
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
How much that all that cost?

I might get a sc300 with AZ plates
Old 11-08-2016, 05:24 PM   #6
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
This is the form that the DMV rep fills out: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/co...7-3d970b8ea1a4

Only emmissions related questions are around checking the EPA labels, so I want to say they won't need to check if the engine is stock. Someone should confirm this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR50 View Post
Are you AAA member? Do itttt. Best money spent, much shorter line and no hassle (out of state reg).
+1 I believe AAA can do the verification and you get 100 mile free towing a year
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:25 PM   #7
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Trader Rating: (0)
Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did it at AAA with my AE86. All I needed was the paperwork filled out, a current smog, and the title and registration. The lady at AAA checked over the car, everything took about 20 min. However, she didn't know much about the car and insisted on putting it into the system as a Toyota GT-S, because it had a GTS badge but no Corolla emblems.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:58 PM   #8
nomoremrriceguy
Leaky Injector

Alright I got my license plate and registration today. Did the vehicle verification, the DMV guy literally looked at my 1jz and I told him it was an inline 4 and he just went a long with it. He also asked if the intake cone attached directly to my top mounted turbo was a K&N and I was like "yep" and that was that. It was surprisingly easy
Old 11-13-2016, 10:24 PM   #9
RoM
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (1)
RoM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think it's going to be bad for me because the VIN on the title is missing one character and on the car it has all 17 character. My S13 has a Maryland out of state title. :P
RoM is offline   Reply With Quote