Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:37 PM   #1
Mrmeadows

Trader Rating: (0)
Mrmeadows is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up 1jz32 swap!

Knock knock, whos there? ...... sadly, my VG30DETT.... IT recently developed rod knock at a premature 104k miles. I believe the cause of the detonation was a mixture of me beating the shit out of it, and running a little rich. Not entirely sure what exactly went wrong, will find out when I crack the VG open.

It was a 435whp setup tuned by Specialty Z in California
- gt2854r turbos
- 3" downpipes
- 3" - 2.5" testpipes
- custom 2.5" exhaust
- Nismo 740cc injectors
- Selin Dual MAF with v1 translator
- SZ chipped JWT ECU tuned for 91
- Z1 intercoolers
- SZ RPS clutch
- SZ lightened flywheel

It will be missed.....

but on to better things! ( atleast in my opinion..lol)

Im really excited to be able to fit a wrench or even my hand into this engine bay. a big motivator to going I6/JZ.. besides of course having one throttle body, one downpipe, one turbo etc etc... and internals that are known to safely hold 700whp or more. Lets not forget drive by wire vs cable wire.. which is one reason i didnt go 2jz.

I picked up an imported 1JZ VVTI, and R154 combo. shit looks pretty cool with the red valve cover.
Its about 50k miles and has an Amuse tuned ECU.
Turbo is in great condition, and compression was 180 across the board.

The Engine pulling was a obviously a royal pain in the ass.. and this was my first engine pull... ever.. not bad for a first. just kidding, fucking sucked, but i definitely learned a lot!

Ordered the Motor/Tranny mounts from FREED engineering. They have some great products. Also going with their Shifter extender.

Harness is also out, and was a complete bitch.

http://i.imgur.com/QsOo3Hd.jpg

and now the bay is beginning to look that much less cluttered... its gonna get a well needed power washing, then its on to cutting the crossmember and spacing the sway bar to clear the oil pan.... if I were to mod the oil pan instead, I would be losing a quart of oil of more depending how I did it.

Heres what it should be like once cut and supported.

Heres what the sway bar spacing should look like.

http://i.imgur.com/m1Kqkdg.jpg

Mounts should be here by the 20th... maybe earlier if I'm lucky.... and i have sent my VG and 1J harnesses in to a shop called suspicious garage to get modded for the new setup. I am also doing a driveshaft through them.

For now thats about it... just a lot of waiting for shit to be done. Heres a list for those curious.

Parts and prices:

- 1JZ motor/tranny/harness/Amuse ECU-----$3500
- Freed Engineering motor/tranny mounts----$400
- Freed Engineering Shifter extender labor----$250
- wiring harness ( hopefully if all goes as planned and harnesses are in good shape-----------------------------------$350
- Driveshaft------------------------------$300
- Intercooler/piping-----------------------$300
- Custom downpipe-----------------------$150
- Dakota digital Tach RPM unit---------------$90
- GPS Speedo unit-------------------------$100
- Exhuast y pipe -------------------------$200

Probably something I'm forgetting, but ill continue to update this post as i go along!
Mrmeadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links