Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-04-2014, 05:17 PM   #121
CaptainVlad
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
CaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
He hasn't logged on since February, safe to assume this isn't happening....
CaptainVlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #122
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
They can look cool

Old 12-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #123
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
It would be cool to have ones that have the stock pop-up headlight covers on them during the day, and at night one could just pop the covers off.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:42 PM   #124
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
That's kind of how it is?
Old 12-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #125
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
the phillips screws make these look so cheap.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #126
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
the phillips screws make these look so cheap.

as opposed to the zip tie holding the fender on...

...and the cut hose that is used as a bump stop to shim the hood higher up?
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:53 AM   #127
Silvermonkey520

Trader Rating: (0)
Silvermonkey520 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any updates? Haha
Silvermonkey520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:23 AM   #128
TurboDaytona
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
TurboDaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I know I am waiting. Gladman performance currently has a Sleepy Eye projector headlight set up that is pretty cheap, I wonder if they would be interested in making the style of headlights in both sealed beam and projector. I might shoot them an email.
TurboDaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:05 PM   #129
spray2020
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
spray2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Streeter's setup looks pretty nice in my opinion, with the sealed beam looks more period correct.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:39 PM   #130
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

That's a winner
Old 09-26-2015, 12:14 PM   #131
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
it wouldnt be zilvia if you guys were not drooling off of ill fitting, poor performing products.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:47 PM   #132
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
it wouldnt be zilvia if you guys were not drooling off of ill fitting, poor performing products.
I nearly spit out my drink.

Serioulsy though, I have not seen a single picture in this thread where these lights did not look cheap and fit like crap.

The shape of the nose of the S13 IMO seems like these type of lights wouldn't flow with the look of the car. Id prefer lights that look like they could be oem. All of these just scream "luk at muh race carrrr"
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:20 PM   #133
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Old 09-26-2015, 03:41 PM   #134
ixfxi
Post Whore!

The worst part about you guys doing, or in this case talking about doing stuff like this, is that none of the headlights posted are high-performance solutions. like the above photo, you guys are downgrading to chevy lumina lighting performance level.. cool!

if you guys actually spent some time and a lot of money, you could use high quality LED optics that are readily available nowadays. not this antiquated cheap shit that looks semi-cool in dry weather to highschool kids. once the rain hits, that shit is going to look like a humid fish tank.

if you guys have brains, use them.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:15 AM   #135
CaptainVlad
Zilvia Junkie

CaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really nice
Or maybe people like me like how they look and dont give a crap about how they will work. The only time i pull my car out the garage is to either have a fun drive with it, or go to a road course....the hell do i care how they will perform in the rain or light up the road of my city where it just always looks like day time.....
Old 09-27-2015, 08:23 AM   #136
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

^pretty much. Many people here don't daily their car or live in rural areas where headlights are something you rely on. And Mikey likes it.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #137
CaptainVlad
Zilvia Junkie

That car is the main reason why i want those lights.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:42 PM   #138
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVlad View Post
Or maybe people like me like how they look and dont give a crap about how they will work. The only time i pull my car out the garage is to either have a fun drive with it, or go to a road course....the hell do i care how they will perform in the rain or light up the road of my city where it just always looks like day time.....
sorry

once again i mistook zilvia for a forum where people care about performance.

my bad
Old 09-27-2015, 09:42 PM   #139
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
watching jesse streeter's streeting videos make it look like they have decent light output and they look like they fit good on that white 180 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 09-27-2015, 11:10 PM   #140
GGTheSeventh
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (5)
GGTheSeventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I have a set right now, but my lens is destroyed. Do you guys know any options on whom would happen to make a set?
GGTheSeventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:48 AM   #141
spray2020
Zilvia Member

Quote:
The worst part about you guys doing, or in this case talking about doing stuff like this, is that none of the headlights posted are high-performance solutions. like the above photo, you guys are downgrading to chevy lumina lighting performance level.. cool!
Unless we are talking silvia projectors, which the light output on those stock is still horrible - All other s13's had pop ups, with a sealed beam. So switching to these allows enthusiasts to keep the pop up front end and "aesthetically upgrade" to a more aerodynamic look, with the choice of using projectors, sealed beam units, led units etc. Maybe the enthusiasts here on zilvia might not be the brightest, but I would say in terms getting the style right on these cars, Zilvia guys know that putting projectors in pop up's just looks wrong!
Old 09-28-2015, 03:33 AM   #142
CaptainVlad
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
sorry

once again i mistook zilvia for a forum where people care about performance.

my bad

Yeah, because some headlights with better output will make me drop lap times, right?
Old 03-02-2016, 09:44 PM   #143
spray2020
Zilvia Member

Any of those who are still interested in a set of these, I have good news. I decided to buy the set that was just up for sale with intentions to make a mold of them.

The only downside is that the original IPF square headlamps inside are obviously discontinued.

So I am trying to find a good replacement light to use for the reproductions I make. Hopefully something similar in size but can offer better light output. Maybe PIAA?

Old 03-03-2016, 12:04 AM   #144
CaptainVlad
Zilvia Junkie

Check out what hella has to offer
Old 03-03-2016, 12:43 AM   #145
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spray2020 View Post
Any of those who are still interested in a set of these, I have good news. I decided to buy the set that was just up for sale with intentions to make a mold of them.

The only downside is that the original IPF square headlamps inside are obviously discontinued.

So I am trying to find a good replacement light to use for the reproductions I make. Hopefully something similar in size but can offer better light output. Maybe PIAA?

Price for just the housings when you are done , pm me when you finish them
Old 03-03-2016, 08:53 AM   #146
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by spray2020 View Post

I've gone as far as trying to contact IPF to get part numbers. they have no idea what I'm talking about, even when I've sent photos of the lights. are there any part numbers on the lights on your set?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:11 AM   #147
spray2020
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
I've gone as far as trying to contact IPF to get part numbers. they have no idea what I'm talking about, even when I've sent photos of the lights. are there any part numbers on the lights on your set?
IPF model number is 8551, but trust me I already asked them at their Japan office and they no longer make them. They told me they were made for a very short time long long ago.

These Hella Micro ff fog/driving lamps are the closest in size to the ipf's. They are bottom mount, but if you remove that and side mount them using the screws into the black plastic then they will work. Alternatively you could put something more modern in them, but I think they look really cool with simple lamps inside

http://www.myhellalights.com/index.p...cro-ff-series/

Cheapest I found for a pair of those is here, $65 for 2, and you would need 2 sets.

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com...R_kaAqBe8P8HAQ
Old 03-03-2016, 10:21 AM   #148
Maximum
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Maximum is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lets just make replicas of everything why don't we.
Maximum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:06 AM   #149
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
lets just provide something that isn't available, that there is a demand for, without charging an arm, a leg, and both nuts.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:40 AM   #150
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
lets just act like purists like it was 2002 when all of these parts were brand new and still obtainable by normal means.

get over it! ive never seen such a bunch of unappreciative whiners ever! never mind that the aftermarket reproduction industry for restoration and discontinued parts is a multibillion dollar industry and is utilized in every single car "scene" out there with no ill means intentions.

funny how no one complains about buying "replicas" when purchasing or needing replacement mechanical parts for their engines, suspension or electronics from autozone, oreilys, meyers or even the factory dealership... ITS THE SAME INDUSTRY!!!

PS: if you want to be a purist and complain about people "ruining the scene" by replicating discontinued aero parts, perhaps you should get off your high horse and go look at whats going on over in Japan! guess what kiddies, the scene ruining replicas are happening over there as well because of the same reason its happening here, supply in demand due to time, obscurity and people destroying damn near all of the originals because of drifting/racing.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote