Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-30-2014, 04:04 PM   #1
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
External Fuel Pressure Regulator (recommendation??).

Hello all

For my previous SR setups, with top feed injectors I have never had the need to use anything but a NISMO FPR. However, with the new top feed setup, an external/independent FPR is required. I do know that Aeromotive is the go to brand for these, but looking to see what people go with and recommend. Also, when you do make a recommendation, let me know why.

Also, there are 1.5 million choices as far as Aeromotive choices are concerned, but what will I will be looking for in terms of these??

Info
Stock fuel line size
E85 and/or pump
400-420 WHP
1200cc injectors

Thanks!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2014, 05:39 PM   #2
Kaifd3s
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Kaifd3s is on the path to ruinKaifd3s is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Aeromotive.

http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-pa...ass-regulator/
-For the stock fuel line size, if doing non AN fitting, just use 8mm or 7mm barb connectors.
-I think almost all Aeromotive regulators should be good for E85
-for 1200cc you might want something with a max of 80psi tho just in case, depending on the injectors.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #3
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Tomei, Sard, Aeromotive are all solid choices. I personally have a Sard with -6AN fittings.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:56 PM   #4
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I use Tomei.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #5
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Aeromotive .... ! do it right

fuel is the one thing you do not #(*@(# with
Old 10-01-2014, 07:01 AM   #6
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Thanks for the link Kaifd3s!

For the rest, do you have a unit part number you guys recommend?? Looks like I have access to Fuel Lab and ofcrouse, Aeromotive.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:54 AM   #7
Kaifd3s
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Aeromotive .... ! do it right

fuel is the one thing you do not #(*@(# with
Werd!

Do not mess with fuel, or it will bite you in the ass.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:00 AM   #8
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

That I do know hence the question . These regulators (the high quality ones from Fuel Lab and Aeromotive for example) are so damn cheap it's there is absolutely NO reason for anyone to cheap out!

The NISMO ones (in my eyes) are of a lesser "spec" but were so overpriced! However, you cannot beat OEM in terms of quality hence my choice to begin with. However, apart from the Type B FPR from NISMO (or whatever one was a stand alone unit), there is nothing that NISMO/Nissan provides that will suffice for my setup, hence reaching out to the masses for a few opinions .
Old 10-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #9
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Try shooting Aeromotive an email, saying you're interested in their product and then give them the rundown on your planned setup. They should be able to recommend the right part for your application. Most reputable companies are going to be more than happy to help you figure out which one of their products will work best for you, because in the end it usually results in parts being sold.

There is a slight chance they will have you speak with a licensed vendor for selecting the proper part, so be prepared for that.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:20 AM   #10
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Good call!

I actually went straight to thier (Aeromotive's) website and figured out the regulator I will go with (which kudos to Kaifd3s recommended). The Aeromotive 13129 regulator is rated for "500 HP Forced induction/ 700 HP Naturally Aspirated" according to the chart, which I think is a little on the low side (the actual spec sheet for the pump says otherwise, which is mentioned below).

-6 An lines is the size they run (which is slightly bigger than the Nissan 5/16" line, which supports up to about 450 WHP easily). This increased size will allow for more headroom and allow for E85 as well (which is regulator is capable of handling). Also, it helps that my fuel rail comes with -6 An lines. -6 lines and fittings will run less than $10 shipped!

- The regulator itself can handle "1000 HP" worth of flow according to Aeromotive. Also, I can source one from Amazon for a little over $100!

Thanks again guys! I forget that among all the "stance nation" folks, there are still a few good men with proper knowledge on this website
Old 10-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #11
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Just make sure you get quality fittings and the right type of fuel line. Some of the brands like Earl's makes different braided line for different fluids, but again, all of that info should be listed on their site.

Just something to think about.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #12
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Aeromotive stuff is pretty good, though i have seen and heard of a few diaphragm failures with their FPR's.

But they do offer replacement ones that are quite cheap, So i would lean on a Aeromotive or a Fuellab, there is some very high horsepower cars out their running their fuel pumps,regulators and filters with no issues.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #13
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

The fuel line I will be going with is rated to 1500 psi (proper fuel injection line) and is the black braided fuel line from Summit.

Fittings will also be from Summit as well (or Vibrant fittings). I have had good luck with both on my cars.

Thanks again folks!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #14
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Aeromotive stuff is pretty good, though i have seen and heard of a few diaphragm failures with their FPR's.

But they do offer replacement ones that are quite cheap, So i would lean on a Aeromotive or a Fuellab, there is some very high horsepower cars out their running their fuel pumps,regulators and filters with no issues.
There are also a LOT of imposter Aeromotive units out there. That's why you gotta buy from a licensed vendor. Unfortunately it's the only way to ensure that you're receiving a legitimate piece, and that applies to a LOT of top tier companies like Aeromotive, TiAL Sport, etc.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #15
Kaifd3s
Zilvia Addict

Just make sure you run ORB fittings on the regulator. It a straight thread with an O-ring. If you don't use it, it will leak like a mother.

BTW Glad to help out sir.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:51 PM   #16
WheelWhore
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
WheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Running an Aeromotive here. No issues whatsoever.
WheelWhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:49 PM   #17
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
AEM
no problems
KAT-PWR is offline   Reply With Quote