Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #91
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Haven't done much to the car besides get in some parts and working on the a/c bracket

Getting close to having the prototype complete

Got my Wastegate dump tube in yesterday as well

Test fitted facing upwards for those days I go hoodless for maximum screamage

Other random pics

Got some fittings in as we'll for fuel
Old 05-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #92
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
BiG MiKE's Little Build!

Disassembled AC compressor for the bracket until I finish my bracket

Turbo feed and drain done

Finally painted the water neck and installed it

New coolant pipe sits right on the firewall with the engine sitting as far back as it'll go. This pipe will be cut, shortened by 1/2"-1" and rotated upwards as well as having that smaller nipple welded shut.

Got some chase bays goodies in - clutch line and power steering line kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by BiG MiKE86; 05-16-2013 at 11:49 AM..
BiG MiKE86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #93
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Looking good!
Old 05-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #94
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Looking good!
Thanks! Ive gotta pick up the pace and get her running soon Im getting anxious
Old 05-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #95
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (43)
florante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to florante rea Send a message via Yahoo to florante rea
^^hey mike nice progress man.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:47 AM   #96
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

BiG MiKE's Little Build!

Found my chase bays in bay brake line kit waiting for me today on my door

Going to start installing some stuff this week
Old 06-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #97
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
looks good mikey just be sure to include a fitting/source for crankcase evacuation under boost. Such as from the turbocharger inlet, or even an exhaust scavenging setup (on the downpipe). You need some form of PCV if you want the engine to live a long healthy life putting down any kind of power. I would just go with a fitting on the compressor inlet and have it directed toward a non-check valved valvecover source. That way it always functions, but under boost when the 1-way check on the intake manifold (or valvecover) closes up, it still functions off the pressure drop before the compressor.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #98
Mr. Phonso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Mr. Phonso is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hey nice build but I have a question about the harness

I'm confused on why they made a sub harness for the speed calibration unit? The speed sensor runs through the lower harness into the fuse box, then into the cluster. It shouldn't have anything to do with the engine harness.

For the tachometer calibration unit I could understand because that input is taken directly from the engine harness.
Mr. Phonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #99
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
looks good mikey just be sure to include a fitting/source for crankcase evacuation under boost. Such as from the turbocharger inlet, or even an exhaust scavenging setup (on the downpipe). You need some form of PCV if you want the engine to live a long healthy life putting down any kind of power. I would just go with a fitting on the compressor inlet and have it directed toward a non-check valved valvecover source. That way it always functions, but under boost when the 1-way check on the intake manifold (or valvecover) closes up, it still functions off the pressure drop before the compressor.
I will definitely look into doing something with those lines. Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Phonso View Post
Hey nice build but I have a question about the harness

I'm confused on why they made a sub harness for the speed calibration unit? The speed sensor runs through the lower harness into the fuse box, then into the cluster. It shouldn't have anything to do with the engine harness.

For the tachometer calibration unit I could understand because that input is taken directly from the engine harness.
I honestly couldn't answer that for you - although Yuri is a member here and Im sure he could answer that. I think its neat how he added it into the harness for ease of installation.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #100
Mr. Phonso
Zilvia Junkie

I'm asking because I am in the process right now of making my harness and I actually had the same idea, except I'll be adding a connector in the middle. Though the way I understand is for our cars the vss is not part of the engine harness.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #101
05subysti
Zilvia Addict

05subysti is an unknown quantity at this point
JESUS I love the color of your engine bay, Where did you buy the chameleon dry pearl, and how much??
05subysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #102
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05subysti View Post
JESUS I love the color of your engine bay, Where did you buy the chameleon dry pearl, and how much??
Thanks - The entire car will be that color soon (With a blacktop)

www.sikcustompaint.com

They have a good selection of sick pearls for dumb cheap!

$14.99 for 25grams (we only used 1/2 a bag for the bay)

Quote:
I'm asking because I am in the process right now of making my harness and I actually had the same idea, except I'll be adding a connector in the middle. Though the way I understand is for our cars the vss is not part of the engine harness.
I thought the same thing but I guess Yury has magically worked it in for user friendly installation of the Dakota Digital Boxes
Old 06-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #103
Mr. Phonso
Zilvia Junkie

Did Yury give you a lower harness as well?

I think I have a theory on the way he wired up the speed calibration wires with the engine harness hope you don't mind me posting, because I was thinking of doing this myself.

VSS sensor output --> lower harness --> connector --> into 2jz engine harness and through the firewall into the cabin --> input to Dakota unit --> output back out into 2jz engine harness back out the firewall --> same connector --> lower harness --> to fuse box --> into cluster with recalibrate speed

So essentially it has nothing to do with the 2jz engine harness itself, but it just runs along part of it as a way of CONVENIENCE. Smart stuff, defiantly makes things easier and more neat than having wires going through the shifter hole.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #104
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Did Yury give you a lower harness as well?

I think I have a theory on the way he wired up the speed calibration wires with the engine harness hope you don't mind me posting, because I was thinking of doing this myself.

VSS sensor output --> lower harness --> connector --> into 2jz engine harness and through the firewall into the cabin --> input to Dakota unit --> output back out into 2jz engine harness back out the firewall --> same connector --> lower harness --> to fuse box --> into cluster with recalibrate speed

So essentially it has nothing to do with the 2jz engine harness itself, but it just runs along part of it as a way of CONVENIENCE. Smart stuff, defiantly makes things easier and more neat than having wires going through the shifter hole.
Don't mind at all if I'm not mistaken I think the lower harness is built into the engine harness.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:15 AM   #105
DIENOW
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
DIENOW is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Subbed! I gotta see this thing in person next time im down!
DIENOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #106
EnvyS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
EnvyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This thing is beautiful, subbed
EnvyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #107
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIENOW View Post
Subbed! I gotta see this thing in person next time im down!
Hmu chump

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvyS13 View Post
This thing is beautiful, subbed
Thanks

Old 07-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #108
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
hurry up and finish the build so I can live vicariously through you since mine got scraped Keep up the good work bud everything is coming out real nice. That log mani will be tits for your setup.

Last edited by 2muchboost; 07-24-2013 at 03:15 PM..
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #109
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
hurry up and finish the build so I can live vicariously through you since mine got scrapped Keep up the good work bud everything is coming out real nice. That log mani will be tits for your setup.
lol man I've literally done nothing in months... I ran into a few issues that kinda killed progress

Hopefully ill get motivated this weekend and get some updates goin

Old 07-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #110
rednissan180
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
rednissan180 is making a name for him/her selfrednissan180 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Are those straight fittings push on?... I'm assuming theyre for the sending unit hard lines?
Sorry I haven't had too much experience with an fittings
rednissan180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #111
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednissan180 View Post
Are those straight fittings push on?... I'm assuming theyre for the sending unit hard lines?
Sorry I haven't had too much experience with an fittings
Those are not push on fittings (those have a barbed end) these are the standard fittings that you assemble (not hard at all)

Old 08-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #112
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Long time since I updated this but there hasnt been anything done since then... lol

I wasnt having any success with the Xcessive engine/trans brackets so I ordered Get Nuts Lab engine and trans brackets as well as the matching steel 1 piece drive shaft thru Ace Up Motorsports (Awesome to deal with - spoke to Vitaly). So the brackets came within 3 days and boy did they look and feel much better than the Xcessive pieces (no offense to Rich whom has been awesome in dealing with and will be refunding my $$$ for the stuffs).

These are different for each side - pics for reference incase anyone else has em and question which side is which.

Blasted and prepped for primer and paint!

Hit em with some self-etching primer and high gloss engine enamel

Turbo Blanket I bought from a Zilvia member

Hoping to swap out brackets this weekend. Ill be using my old SR nismo mounts and an MK3 trans mount with these brackets.

FYI problems I had with the Xcessive mounts, engine brackets, trans bracket.
-Hood wouldnt close
-Engine mounts didnt sit flat on brackets
-Trans bracket didnt line up well with trans mount (~1" off front front to back)
Old 08-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #113
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Bummer on the xcessive parts :/

Keep it going!
Old 08-09-2013, 06:29 AM   #114
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Thanks - progress pics this weekend if the weather plays nice
Old 08-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #115
soundboy
Zilvia Junkie

soundboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweeeeet progress.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
soundboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #116
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Time to lift the motor... again...

Swapped out all of the Xcessive parts for Get Nuts Lab brackets and Nismo Engine mounts... fit like a dream
FYI anyone getting these brackets you will need hardware
8 - 10mm x 1.25 x 20-25mm hex bolts (engine brackets to block)
4 - 10mm x 1.25 x 20-30mm hex bolts (trans mount to body)
12 - 10mm Lock washers (I threw these in just incase)
12 - 10mm Flat washers (I threw these in just incase)

Driver Side

Passenger Side

Transmission bracket (super Beefy)

How the engine sits... pretty far back and nice and level
Ill snap some pics of the oil pan height or w.e. anyone else wants to see next time im down there

Old 08-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #117
Motary
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Motary is making a name for him/her selfMotary is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Motary
That paint is awesome
Motary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #118
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motary View Post
That paint is awesome
Thank you the rest of the car will be done on be same color + a blacktop
Old 08-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #119
street_sleeper
Zilvia Junkie

street_sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
I have to say this is coming along nicely. I am really impressed
street_sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:57 AM   #120
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by street_sleeper View Post
I have to say this is coming along nicely. I am really impressed
Thanks

Installed Sikky Sway Bar and SPL Tension Rods

Cut the GE coolant pipe and removed about 1/4" off so it wouldnt hit the firewall and ill be rotating the pipe upwards towards the head.

Driveshaft should be here today as well