Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Finally an S14 (now with LM7+T56)

well, I've had my eyes open for a good deal for a while now, and finally got one (I think). For some reason for the last few months I've been wanting an S14 worse than ever, I found a few Zenki's but just not too fond of those front ends, but I guess good things come to those who wait, I stumbled across this one the same day it was posted on Craigslist for sale, and bought it exactly a week later, clean title and all.
I picked it up middle of last week in Columbia, SC, towed it to my girls house, and there it sits now. You'll be able to tell that I've put some time in to cleaning the engine bay since I got it.
It's a 1997 with 187k on the odometer, but still have alot of get up and go suprisingly, even came with a K&N filter installed.
No, I haven't given up on my S13, it's a long term project and too far away to work on right now, and in too many pieces, but the girlfriend lends a hand on it the weekends I go back to work on it, so you guys should start seeing some real progress soon!

^damn at that oil and road grime!

^more dirty shit

^ oddly, the paint doesn't look as great in person as it does in this pic, first thing on the agenda is a paintjob then 5 speed swap, and eventually some lowering springs.

^ now that is more to my liking! the cleaner the better

so far the only things I've found wrong are:
-at idle it's up and down between 300 and 1000 rpm, probbly a sensor or something since the check engine light is on, but since the car isn't insured, or registered it's not getting driven to Advance to have the code pulled, any suggestions are welcome.

-the passenger side fog light is missing (like I really care)

Other than those 2 small details, it runs, drives and even spins the tires over when you take off with the pedal floored. Let me know what youguys think or if you guys have any parts laying around collecting dust that you think I might be interested in, lmk!

MATT

Last edited by onehundredoctane; 10-01-2014 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: Update.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
jrbump
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
jrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hooray for Kouki Love!
jrbump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:28 PM   #3
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Congrats! I liked having an s13 because there are so many more parts here for sale for them, but i had to get an s14 because they look so much better to me. How much did you end up paying?
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #4
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
some of you might think it a bit much but $2,500
Old 04-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #5
5t341tH
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5t341tH
wow 2500 for a kouki...
my frend paid 2800 for a zenki

lexus baby
5t341tH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #6
P_856
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
P_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeshemp44 View Post
some of you might think it a bit much but $2,500

shit i wish i would of found one for 2500 around here thats a great deal.....good find
P_856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #7
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
yeah i paid 4k for my kouki but it only had 70k at the time and it was 5 speed and ubber clean.

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #8
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
2,500? 4k? man, try living here in cali. Your lucky if u can find a 1/2 clean kouki for 6k. Most sell for 7k+ anyhow.. besides that its an auto and has high milage its still a great deal. Good find.
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #9
essforteen
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
essforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
lucky guy nice find. now do a five speed swap hehe
essforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #10
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

yeah, luckily here in the Carolinas if you can find one, they are usually pretty cheap.

essfourteen, read up, I've already planned a 5 spd swap, sourced the parts locally for about $250 less the drive shaft.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:59 PM   #11
rowdogg03
Zilvia Member

rowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to all
Nice find.. looks clean..

Just pull the code yourself..
Old 04-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #12
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
very nice. good find, especially for the price.

what did you use do clean your engine bay and how long did it take?

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #13
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Good find....any body damage or accidents? Looks amazing, and love that color stock. Good price too!!

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:12 PM   #14
acheron
Zilvia Member

acheron will become famous soon enoughacheron will become famous soon enoughacheron will become famous soon enoughacheron will become famous soon enoughacheron will become famous soon enough
sweet kouki, ...i bought one few months ago, found it on craigslist too after it was posted for an hour, called up the owner and the car was mine 2 days later, funny thing is i had the fog missing too on the pass. side and it was auto. im in the process of swapping the trans and painting the bay now. good luck with the kouki..
acheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:28 PM   #15
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

^ damn fog lights!

um, for the engine bay I used a combination of letting purple power soat on the greasyist (<--is that a fucking word?) parts, then went back over it with engine degreaser from Adavance Auto, and the grease dripped right off, rinse with water, use a brush if needed.

the body does have a few small dents here and there, nothing bigger around than a quarter, and nothing that one weekend worth of work can't fix.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:55 PM   #16
an_orange_s2k
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
an_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
snice car and thats a pretty good price
an_orange_s2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:50 AM   #17
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

thanks for the compliments guys! if anyone has a passenger side fog light i'm interested!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:33 PM   #18
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

started sanding the car down for paint the same week I bought it, while sanding I found some dents in the lower quarter panels, which has ended up slowing down the body work process, I did however go ahead and trim out the trunk jam, bumpers, and fenders.
Here you can see that I tore down the front end to trim out everything around the edges,

some of the dents I have to work out now

taped up for trimming it out

^Ok, enough about the body work, I've got alot done on other parts of the car as well.

I found a set of 2001 Q45 brakes at the junk yard, slapped them on, and bolted on my new wheels to see what it's gonna look like.

I'm not really digging the wheels now that I see them on the car, but that's all I have to work with for now. I ended up picking up a set of coilovers from my cousin who had wrecked his S14 not too long before I got mine, in death there is re-birth, the set up feels great. As always, you can't take pics with dirty hands while your working, so all I end up with are finished product pics. Running 225/45/18 up front, and 245/45/18 out back.

I'm already looking for another set of wheels, maybe some Rota G-forces? I'm not baller enough for the SSR Type F's. I haven't mentioned this but the soul purpose for this car is for it to be a reliable daily driver until I finish my S13. That's why this thread isn't titled "my S14 build", rather I finally have an S14, so there ya go.

While replacing the front main seal to fix the oil leak I found that the water pump was leaking as well, so after a long day I replaced the water pump, thermostat, water pump, front main, and all the belts too. Now the car runs 100 times better and doesn't leak a single fluid.

probably the last pic taken before I start the paint

I should be starting on the final paint over Thanksgiving break if I can finish working out the quarter panel dents. Next up, I'm putting together a 5 speed swap, but I'm not really in a hurry there.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:39 PM   #19
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Did you paint that yourself?
What's the paint code?
Looking good so far.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:12 PM   #20
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
wheels look extra weird because the tires are too big.

should have 40 series at least...maybe even 35 up front...

like the paint coloUr though!
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:42 PM   #21
zenki_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

zenki_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to zenki_240sx
nice job! keep us updated!
zenki_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:20 AM   #22
SpuGen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
SpuGen is making a name for him/her selfSpuGen is making a name for him/her selfSpuGen is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Aww shoulda kept the colour.
I love that colour on S14's.
You probably could've cut the time in half by just doing a full hardcore detailing job on it.

But I like.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:43 AM   #23
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Did you paint that yourself?
What's the paint code?
Looking good so far.
not sure on the paint code, sorry. The body supply place here in town had mixed it for a local body shop and then they never showed up to buy it, so I picked up all the paint stuff for under $300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
Aww shoulda kept the colour.
I love that colour on S14's.
You probably could've cut the time in half by just doing a full hardcore detailing job on it.

But I like.
I don't have the car here at my place, my shop is full and I refuse to park my cars outside. So until I get something moved out of my shop it staying at my dads and I work on it on the weekends. So biting off small pieces really makes the most sence.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:03 AM   #24
wgJoY
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
wgJoY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wgJoY
wow. very nice man!
i picked up a kouki of my own about two months ago for $1900.. salvaged though. 67k on the motor.

clean car though, nice work with the engine bay.
wgJoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #25
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

started painting the car today, bad things happened

when I started painting the car the paint started having something that looked like solvent pop in the base, I double checked and I had mixed the paint properly, so I guess my problem was the product I used to clean the surface before I started paint, which is odd because I've used the same process before with no problem. Cleaned the surface with laquer thinner then surface prep final wash, and for the life of me I can't figure out what happened. I had already mixed all my paint so that is a waste now, I'll have to buy new, to sum up this whole weekend in one word, I'd have to use "fuckery".
Old 11-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #26
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
sucks to hear man, that color is sexy though.

lol @ tires being too big
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:39 PM   #27
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Holy! I thought I got my zenki auto for a steal at 5k.
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:06 PM   #28
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
our car prices may suck here in cali, but we still have the hottest women.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:37 PM   #29
Ceepo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Ceepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Wow 2500 i got my Zenki SE, Auto, for 4500 but it also came with coilovers, wheels lol, looks sexy bro.....
Ceepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #30
brunswick240
Zilvia Junkie

brunswick240 is making a name for him/her selfbrunswick240 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to brunswick240
awesome man. i got my 98 se (auto) for 3000. came with 2 sets of wheels, exhaust, intake, and headers along with a very nice egr tube leak. lol. but looks good, i like that color. not too sure about the wheels though......
brunswick240 is offline   Reply With Quote