Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-31-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Trutrax
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Trutrax will become famous soon enoughTrutrax will become famous soon enoughTrutrax will become famous soon enoughTrutrax will become famous soon enoughTrutrax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
240sx Flip-up headlight bulb types?

I'm looking for a pair of new bulbs for my headlights. I want the HID look but I know the light pattern is just retarded with drop in HIDS. I am looking at the Nokya Arctic White H4 (9003) Stage 2 Halogen Headlight bulbs, my question is, will these give me the effect I am looking for (White light with a hint of blue) and will they be a direct fit? Or perhaps any other suggestions/bulbs?

Thanks
Trutrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2009, 10:53 AM   #2
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
it will be a bit darker,
i used to run those, til they cracked my expensive housings T_T

i used the Noyka (8000k) not sure if its the artic white,
it might be, not too sure, but yeah, do HID,
my light output is crisp.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
silverstars
Old 12-31-2009, 11:07 AM   #4
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
yeah, h4 is a direct fit. nokya bulbs are pretty unspectacular, though. buy sylvania silverstars. they don't have the bluish tinge, but they are not crap.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:11 AM   #5
Trutrax
Zilvia Member

Trutrax will become famous soon enoughTrutrax will become famous soon enoughTrutrax will become famous soon enoughTrutrax will become famous soon enoughTrutrax will become famous soon enough
hmm, Silverstars only has bulbs running 4000k, so the light won't be what i'm looking for. As well the Nokya stage 2 H4's run at 12V 90/100W. It's my understanding that the stock is 12v 60/55w. Would I still be able to run stage 2? or do I have to go with stage 1 and would the light output be the same?
Old 12-31-2009, 11:14 AM   #6
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
conventional bulbs aren't going to have the same intensity as HID's no matter what color temperature they are. if you put bluish tint bulbs on your car, you're going to look like a dummy.
not to mention you'll lose visibility compared to white or yellowish bulbs.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:17 AM   #7
blackrms13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
blackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackrms13
make sure u have the h4 conversion housing...OEM is Sealed Beam....
Old 12-31-2009, 11:20 AM   #8
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

dude,
hid's on here are like 20 bucks more then your lil bulbs.
do it
lol
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:24 AM   #9
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trutrax View Post
hmm, Silverstars only has bulbs running 4000k, so the light won't be what i'm looking for. As well the Nokya stage 2 H4's run at 12V 90/100W. It's my understanding that the stock is 12v 60/55w. Would I still be able to run stage 2? or do I have to go with stage 1 and would the light output be the same?
optimal range for lighting is between 3400K and 4500K. the only reason to have anything out of that range is for rice points, which i can only surmise is what you're looking for. the wattage output describes power consumption not operating requirements, so both high and low will work, but use more power to run than stock. technically speaking, light output will be higher due to the increased wattage, but since the color temperature is in the cold region of the spectrum, different things are visible to the human eye. at 8000K, you'll get rice points, but your eyes will strain to see things because they don't like cool color temperatures. i would guarantee you that the CRI for those lamps is shit.

clearcorners.com
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #10
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
BH World White Lightning.
$20
Old 12-31-2009, 11:38 AM   #11
Trutrax
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
optimal range for lighting is between 3400K and 4500K. the only reason to have anything out of that range is for rice points, which i can only surmise is what you're looking for. the wattage output describes power consumption not operating requirements, so both high and low will work, but use more power to run than stock. technically speaking, light output will be higher due to the increased wattage, but since the color temperature is in the cold region of the spectrum, different things are visible to the human eye. at 8000K, you'll get rice points, but your eyes will strain to see things because they don't like cool color temperatures. i would guarantee you that the CRI for those lamps is shit.

clearcorners.com
I'm looking for something in between rice points and normal. Just a clean white light with a slight blueish tint. that's why I'm curious about the NOKYA H4 7000K. I heard that HID kits create a very unsafe light pattern that will blind oncoming traffic even. So, if I am set on NOKYA, would you recommend the 60/55W Stage one model? or the higher stage 2? or am I wrong about the HIDs?
Thanks
Old 12-31-2009, 11:45 AM   #12
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
f nokya.. go silverstars seriously you wont be disappointed, probably the best bulbs you can buy over the counter.

Just make sure you got some good housings, none of that cheap shit. And you can upgrade your headlight harness if you want. Look it up on google.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:45 AM   #13
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
The Flat Earth Society always talks about HIDs blinding oncoming drivers.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:47 AM   #14
Teknolust72
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
Teknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Nokya's are too blue for my taste. Raybrigs were always my favorite until I went HID.

If you do stage 2 Nokya bulbs, it is recommended that you upgrade your wiring harness since the extra heat generated will most likely melt it.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:59 AM   #15
Trutrax
Zilvia Member

hm, well if HIDs are safe and my information was incorrect, the 6000k light looks like what I want.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:07 PM   #16
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
I wanna get one of those spotlights that clubs use, and mount it on my hood. THAT would be rad.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #17
slideways90
Leaky Injector

slideways90 is an unknown quantity at this point
buy these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270381702775&viewitem= &_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1&category =33710

and use these

2 HID bulbs H4 9003 Bi-xenon fit McCulloch 6000k New :eBay Motors (item 330375883387 end time Dec-27-09 13:55:51 PST)

my light pattern is really crisp and the cut off is great. its true they are a little bright but not like other ppl using other ebay h4 housing.
slideways90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #18
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknolust72 View Post
Nokya's are too blue for my taste. Raybrigs were always my favorite until I went HID.

If you do stage 2 Nokya bulbs, it is recommended that you upgrade your wiring harness since the extra heat generated will most likely melt it.
QFT,

my harnesses didnt melt,
but the glass on the housing started to crack due
to the heat T_T
Old 01-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #19
TPS240sxS13
Zilvia Member

TPS240sxS13 is on the path to ruinTPS240sxS13 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
f nokya.. go silverstars seriously you wont be disappointed, probably the best bulbs you can buy over the counter.
I agree, go with the silverstars. I have them on my 85 corolla.

They will light the road in front of you properly.
They have a clear white light with a small hint of blue in my opinion.
You wont blind oncoming traffic/the people infront of you through their rearview mirrors. (I hate my buddy for this)
They are 20 bucks a bulb at Oreilly's.
They take ten mins to install both of them.
And you never have to worry about your ballast going out and waiting a week with one headlight for the new ballast to ship in.
TPS240sxS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #20
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknolust72 View Post

Do this. The added wattage can overheat the OE circuit, plus you're not getting the full amperage needed when using the OE circuit anyway.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #21
Nicksx

Nicksx is an unknown quantity at this point
okay so im just curious as to if these are going to work right. i know the H4 bulbs will go in with ease. but does the watt count matter? it says equivalent to 130/120w. will that destroy anything? but being as they're H4 they're 60/55w H4. whats the difference? is there a limit on what watt i can use?

ps. sorry for the shitty quality. my phones original camera sucks.