Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-23-2017, 10:29 PM   #271
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Man, talk about a nostalgic thread. Awesome to see some who were OG when I was new posting. I gave up drifting/cars in 2012 when I got out of service but am jumping back in. Maybe I’m just trying to rekindle the excitement from my youth lol. How many OG’s are still messing with the s-chassis?
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2017, 10:35 PM   #272
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
15yrs and going ....collecting parts and dust in my garage.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:49 AM   #273
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
Man, talk about a nostalgic thread. Awesome to see some who were OG when I was new posting. I gave up drifting/cars in 2012 when I got out of service but am jumping back in. Maybe I’m just trying to rekindle the excitement from my youth lol. How many OG’s are still messing with the s-chassis?
I haven’t had an s chassis in more than a decade. I’m buying something fun next year. Not sure if I’ll get another s chassis or if I’ll get an adult car.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:19 AM   #274
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Happy Thanksgiving to all the old heads. Can't believe I've been on this forum for nearly half of my entire life. Talk about Stockholm syndrome.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:32 AM   #275
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
Stockholm syndrome.
Get back in your dungeon!

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:39 PM   #276
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Get back in your dungeon!
What do you think Makoto is up to these days?
Old 11-25-2017, 05:32 AM   #277
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I haven’t had an s chassis in more than a decade. I’m buying something fun next year. Not sure if I’ll get another s chassis or if I’ll get an adult car.
I hear you. From a financial perspective they’re a horrible way to piss away disposalable income, compared to a newer car that is. BUT, I stumbled on a one owner coupe that is literally flawless and instantly jumped on it. I don’t know what exactly it’s purpose will be lol, but I couldn’t pass it up.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 06:18 AM   #278
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
I hear you. From a financial perspective they’re a horrible way to piss away disposalable income, compared to a newer car that is. BUT, I stumbled on a one owner coupe that is literally flawless and instantly jumped on it. I don’t know what exactly it’s purpose will be lol, but I couldn’t pass it up.
That’s about the only way I’d be interested in one.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:54 PM   #279
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Just started messing with the N chassis now haha. Got a toy to DAKAR my ass through the desert when ever I need to go to Vegas ahahaha.
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:41 AM   #280
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^Man, what in the fuvvvk is an N chassis?! lol
Old 11-29-2017, 08:48 AM   #281
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^Man, what in the fuvvvk is an N chassis?! lol
I'm most concerned that he randomly reappeared after two years and is randomly bumping threads with very little to do with the topic at hand.

And I write too!
Old 01-30-2018, 11:20 AM   #282
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Bump since I didn't want to start a new thread in chat. Why is the late 2017, early 2018 zilvia trend "lets post/start a thread bitching about how things in the community aren't how they used to be 5 years ago". Seems like every other post is someone complaining about shit costing too much, criticizing stuff that isn't even a problem, scrutinizing how other people choose to spend their money, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I think the current car community is shit, and that's fine I just keep to myself for the most part. But I used to hop on zilvia to see cool cars, laugh at florida, and chat with like-minded people, recently it's just turned into a community for people to dust the sand out of their vaginas.

If you don't like the way the community is going either suck it up or leave. Don't ruin a perfectly good forum base by singling out other people, whining about how some musty seat that an old japanese man farted in is now double what it used to be, or starting a thread asking for opinions when really all you want to do is validate your own narrow-mindedness on how 16 year olds working 10 hours a week should be able to afford volks.

*edit: for the record I do realize I just bitched about our community while asking why people bitch about the community
Old 02-01-2018, 12:58 AM   #283
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
5 years? U must be new. Its 10 plus years ago was the golden era. 2001 to 2007
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:55 AM   #284
mogli9000
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (68)
mogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
R.i.p soapgun
Old 02-01-2018, 08:29 AM   #285
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

The golden era was 1950, when there were no 240s and none of you motherfuckers were born.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:56 AM   #286
mogli9000
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (68)
mogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
The golden era was 1950, when there were no 240s and none of you motherfuckers were born.
Written like a modern day CHmercer
Old 02-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #287
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
The best thing that's happened on zilvia in the last year is the reintroduction of REP.

That is all.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:54 AM   #288
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
The best thing that's happened on zilvia in the last year is the reintroduction of REP.

That is all.
It’s not as fun as it used to be though.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:30 AM   #289
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
the rep system works well though... I seeth with envy when I see people with more.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:01 AM   #290
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
the rep system works well though... I seeth with envy when I see people with more.
+REP. enjoy.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2018, 08:04 AM   #291
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
+REP. enjoy.
Dammit, what did I tell y'all about abusing rep?
Negative rep for EVERYONE!

And I write too!
Old 02-28-2018, 01:48 PM   #292
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Dammit, what did I tell y'all about abusing rep?
Negative rep for EVERYONE!
I cry

Quote:
Old 02-28-2018, 05:19 PM   #293
humancola
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
humancola is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My join date here makes me sad, marks the date I gave up on NICO, join date there was 2006 as 'Fenris' with far more mosting and less lurking...
humancola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:02 AM   #294
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
left some rep also! so good to get a couple.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:17 AM   #295
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
left some rep also! so good to get a couple.
Nice try.

Man I haven’t turned anyone from green squares to all red in a really long time.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:25 AM   #296
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Nice try.
no harm done bro... I checked out your portfolio and I like the photos you took.

very nice.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:04 AM   #297
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
no harm done bro... I checked out your portfolio and I like the photos you took.

very nice.
Thanks. Appreciate it.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:56 AM   #298
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I keep wondering when the newer s-chassis fans will realize Facebook is about the worst place to use as a repository for information... I'm convinced most of them don't even know what a forum is or that all of this stuff exists and has already been done/troubleshot before by many people.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:39 PM   #299
Malik
Nissanaholic!

they just look for big communities and assume that - thats where the expertise is.

but to be fair, there are a handful of drift teams on Facebook that just do their thing.

goldstar, animal style and a handful of others are in my liked pages.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:59 PM   #300
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
While that's true, are those really the go to authorities on S-Chassis? They drive good, sure. Are they gonna help someone diagnose, troubleshoot, or theorize over their car issues, or offer criticism/advice for someone's build? Doubtful.
And then even IF that does happen, the information is gone shortly thereafter as it gets pushed down the feed of whatever page it's on. IMO forums are not dead, people are just misdirectioned.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote