Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:52 PM   #1
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
TougeSR20Kid has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Moving to Seattle soon, whats good up there

How's it going guys? I'm planning on moving to Seattle in the next month or two. The gf got relocated for her job and since you can be a mechanic basically anywhere I've decided to follow her north. I've visited and love the place, just lived in Humboldt for like 3 years so the "gloomy" weather doesn't bother me lol. I'm also stoked to get out of this oppressive ass state of Cali, where diesel guys can chuff more smoke than a reggae concert and that's legal yet I can get royally screwed for having an RB in my car .

So in the interest of keeping it short I'll move onto the questions:

1) I've already gotten the lowdown on emissions testing and apparently since my car is 25+ yo I don't have smog? Correct?

2) Where the meets at? Are there weekly car meets at _____ location? Are they worth going to or just a bunch of ricey hondas?

3) What is a good area to look for houses? I don't want to be living in the ghetto but I also don't wanna pay 3 grand a month for a studio. Hopefully not too far from downtown tho cus my girl lives in Belltown / Lower Queen Anne.

4) What are the local performance shops that you guys would recommend checking out?

5) Lastly (just cus I'm literally looking for any and all the assistance I can get with this) anyone know of some good shops or dealerships that are local and hiring? Either performance shops or just regular maintenance shops.
Namaste mother f**ker
TougeSR20Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2015, 06:31 PM   #2
wurley
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
wurley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSR20Kid View Post
How's it going guys? I'm planning on moving to Seattle in the next month or two. The gf got relocated for her job and since you can be a mechanic basically anywhere I've decided to follow her north. I've visited and love the place, just lived in Humboldt for like 3 years so the "gloomy" weather doesn't bother me lol. I'm also stoked to get out of this oppressive ass state of Cali, where diesel guys can chuff more smoke than a reggae concert and that's legal yet I can get royally screwed for having an RB in my car .

So in the interest of keeping it short I'll move onto the questions:

1) I've already gotten the lowdown on emissions testing and apparently since my car is 25+ yo I don't have smog? Correct?

2) Where the meets at? Are there weekly car meets at _____ location? Are they worth going to or just a bunch of ricey hondas?

3) What is a good area to look for houses? I don't want to be living in the ghetto but I also don't wanna pay 3 grand a month for a studio. Hopefully not too far from downtown tho cus my girl lives in Belltown / Lower Queen Anne.

4) What are the local performance shops that you guys would recommend checking out?

5) Lastly (just cus I'm literally looking for any and all the assistance I can get with this) anyone know of some good shops or dealerships that are local and hiring? Either performance shops or just regular maintenance shops.
1. 25 years is a collector vehicle, no emissions (we dont call it smog testing, but people would know what you mean). Emissions on anything that isn't obd2 is simply a sniffer test. Cars registered in current countys don't need emissions, so you can really pass emissions in anything if you get my drift.

2. I'm sure there are weekly meets, i just go to the big ones. Mix of nice cars and not so nice. There are a few facebook groups, these would be a good resource.

3. Maybe a bit north? south seattle can be a little sketchy. Everywhere else is going to be pretty expensive. Thats assuming moving in with her isn't an option, because otherwise i would be doing that, Queen Anne is the shit

4. I'm in the same boat looking for the best place to tune my car. Options: Up garage tacoma, drift office, garage autohero, speed factory, and many others
wurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:36 PM   #3
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
TougeSR20Kid has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sweet thanks for the info dude!

I got a 89 s13 coupe with an Rb in it so I wouldn't have to pass a sniffer even to transfer registration to WA state right? Cus mine won't even do that, it runs hella rich at idle and has no cat.

I would move in with her but it's an extra 200 a month per car and I have 2 cars. But the biggest issue is they won't let me have my dog there (bluenose) and it's unfair to my pup to deny her a yard. But I agree Queen Anne is awesome!

Yeah I've heard of up garage from a few buddies, sounds legit. But nice! That's a whole lot more shops than we got here in Santa Rosa Getting more an more amped about the move!
Namaste mother f**ker
TougeSR20Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:22 PM   #4
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Love it up here in washington.

Crime isnt anywhere as bad as cali and the guys that think they are bangers are a joke. Definately get a garage though. I registred my car in another county and dont deal with emissions

I would advise moving outside seattle and getting a house. Plenty of nice suburbs but anywhere near seattle youre going to pay a premium
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:04 PM   #5
bboyclo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
bboyclo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSR20Kid View Post
Sweet thanks for the info dude!

I got a 89 s13 coupe with an Rb in it so I wouldn't have to pass a sniffer even to transfer registration to WA state right? Cus mine won't even do that, it runs hella rich at idle and has no cat.

I would move in with her but it's an extra 200 a month per car and I have 2 cars. But the biggest issue is they won't let me have my dog there (bluenose) and it's unfair to my pup to deny her a yard. But I agree Queen Anne is awesome!

Yeah I've heard of up garage from a few buddies, sounds legit. But nice! That's a whole lot more shops than we got here in Santa Rosa Getting more an more amped about the move!
Hey sup man i got 89 s13 w/ rb as well and no cat but I passed emissions before haha anyways you wouldn't have to deal with that anymore. As far as living Shoreline, Edmonds, Mountlake Terrace, Lynnwood would be the cheapest because the closer to downtown you get the more expensive it is. Also having a nice car and living downtown just sucks. The meets are pretty good up here I'm actually with www.nice-hunters.com check out our website so you get an idea of the car scene. Feel free to PM me when you get up here gladly show you around the local car scene. performance shops would be drift office, UP Garage, ishii motors etc etc depends on what you're working on and how much you trying to spend. Goodluck!
bboyclo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:08 PM   #6
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Go to nissanfest on April 26. Look it up and it's in Monroe wa.you will then see a lot/most of the Nissan guys there