Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-04-2016, 10:39 AM   #1
Tjk2world

Trader Rating: (0)
Tjk2world is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help refreshing and moving accessories and belts to secondhand Ka24De

Hello zilvia,
I recently bought a 240 with a KA-T setup and when i was out drifting I blew the motor. Simply not enough oil in there, that is 100% the cause of the motor blowing.
Now i have pulled my motor and transmission and bought another motor. New motor runs but it is bare. I want to refresh it a little bit before I just throw it in.
I already have a valve cover gasket. I also plan to do rear main seal, spark plugs, water pump gasket, and possibly a oil pan gasket. Should I tighten the timing change or do anything else?
Should i just make the water pump gasket with gasket maker?
Im also kind of lost on where to begin with swapping over all the accessories. Is there anything important I need to know when swapping everything over? My car still has ac and powersteering but has emissions delete.
Thanks in advance guys and yes I searched all over ka-t forum, zilvia, and nicoclub.
Tjk2world is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2016, 10:41 AM   #2
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
You can't tighten the timing chain. You could buy a new tensioner. (There is an upper and lower tensioner. To access the lower tensioner requires the removal of the oilpump lower timing cover assembly. If you're going to be doing all that you may as well do a felpro headgasket and rap head studs.
Just swap it all over
Old 10-04-2016, 11:57 AM   #3
Tjk2world

Trader Rating: (0)
Tjk2world is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Okay so I'll hold off on that. I want to try to do a rebuild on my blown one, is has forged rods and pistons but shit on my bearings and rings are shot. No matter what this motor is temporary. Any tips on swapping over belts and shit
Tjk2world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:27 PM   #4
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjk2world View Post
Okay so I'll hold off on that. I want to try to do a rebuild on my blown one, is has forged rods and pistons but shit on my bearings and rings are shot. No matter what this motor is temporary. Any tips on swapping over belts and shit
Install is generally the opposite of removal, lefty loosey righty tighty kinda stuff.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:29 PM   #5
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjk2world View Post
Post pictures