Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
GT240R
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
GT240R is making his/her stupidity well-knownGT240R is making his/her stupidity well-knownGT240R is making his/her stupidity well-knownGT240R is making his/her stupidity well-knownGT240R is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
RB25 lower harness for S14 Auto to Manual

I am currently working on swaping in an RB25DET into my 98 base model S14, but am converting from auto to manual. I have been searching and can't find anything, do I need the lower harness off a manual 240, or can I convert mine to make it work? I did find a link to rb25.org or something, but the link says that it's not working any more. Any help would be appreciated.
GT240R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
codunc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
codunc is making a name for him/her selfcodunc is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
racebread.com had a rb25 lower harness guide but their site is down
codunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
GT240R
Zilvia Junkie

GT240R is making his/her stupidity well-knownGT240R is making his/her stupidity well-knownGT240R is making his/her stupidity well-knownGT240R is making his/her stupidity well-knownGT240R is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by codunc View Post
racebread.com had a rb25 lower harness guide but their site is down
Yep it was racebread, but no more site. Anyone?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
PM Bardabe here on zilvia. He might be able to help you out. He converted my lower harness for me.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
GT240R
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl wasabi View Post
PM Bardabe here on zilvia. He might be able to help you out. He converted my lower harness for me.
Thanks but he hasn't replied and I need some help. Anybody?
Old 01-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #6
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
It's the same as doing any engine swap, whether it's a DOHC KA, SR, RB. Your lower harness has all that you need already in it, a manual lower harness is useless since the wiring you're looking to add doesn't exist in the chassis. The lower harness question has become a broken record, it's really sad.
Hook up the alternator and starter just as they were originally. Run the VSS as it sits by unwrapping it from the harness, it's a separate section. Hardwire reverse lights if you want them, throw the rest of the harness away. Done.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #7
GT240R
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
It's the same as doing any engine swap, whether it's a DOHC KA, SR, RB. Your lower harness has all that you need already in it, a manual lower harness is useless since the wiring you're looking to add doesn't exist in the chassis. The lower harness question has become a broken record, it's really sad.
Hook up the alternator and starter just as they were originally. Run the VSS as it sits by unwrapping it from the harness, it's a separate section. Hardwire reverse lights if you want them, throw the rest of the harness away. Done.
The reason I ask is because I found this link for an S13 lower harness and wanted to know the difference for the S14, and the fact that I had a auto tranny and will now have the RB25DET 5 speed tranny.

Thanks though.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT240R View Post
The reason I ask is because I found this link for an S13 lower harness and wanted to know the difference for the S14, and the fact that I had a auto tranny and will now have the RB25DET 5 speed tranny.

Thanks though.
13 and 14 are very different, but none of that matters. Just follow the guidelines for a 5spd swap using your auto harness, once you unwrap the entire thing you'll see the VSS is separate and can be run on it's own, and the starter and alternator will plug right in. All the rest is trash.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:43 AM   #9
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hey kid email me at [email protected] and i'lll send you a writeup for the lower harness
opponheimer is offline   Reply With Quote