Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2013, 05:17 AM   #1
yodc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (23)
yodc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
KA s14 ka sits lower than s13 ka?

So i put an s14 longblock in my s13 and now the the entire exhaust system is considerably lower than previously. Also the trans seems to drop a bit below the crossmember.

If someone could measure distance from say, pan to motor mount bracket threads on the block for each incarnation of the KA24de (S13&s14), or just one if thats all you have access to and some one else could get measurements for the other that would be great!

Also, if anyone KNOWS if the motor mount BRACKETS are chassis or block specific that may help me out, as i used the ones from the 13.

I did a bit of searching on the physical differences between the two and the information I found was incomplete. It did not matter but when using the 13 intake manifold on a 14 block there was an extra threading for an intake manifold stud. Also the egr solenoid/vacuum mounting plate from the 13 will not bolt up directly to the back of the 14 block. You can make it work, just not a direct fit.

Using the 13 accessories, distributor, and manifolds it was a rather simple swap. I just feel like the motor is sitting lower than before.

Thanks-
Cody
yodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links