Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Engine

Old 01-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
A/C Air Conditioning kits for SR20 swaps! Adapt any KA compressor setup to an SR20!

AC Air Conditioning Conversion kits for SR20 Owners! Adapt any KA compressor setup to any SR20!

http://www.sr20acbrackets.com http://www.sr20acbrackets.com http://www.sr20acbrackets.com

Arguably one of the biggest issues/pet peeves with the SR20 swap in USDM S chassis cars it the lack of working AC in them. This has always been an issue due to line differences , compressors being seized, and lack of AC shops to make an affordable solution.

A few years back I solved this issue by making conversion brackets that allow owners to bolt their DOHC KA compressors to any type of SR20 engine. Now, 4 variants later, I’m on version 4.0 of my kits, finally offering clearance for ALL oil pans (Greddy/Moroso/Tomei/Circuit Sports) and all sway bar combinations that I could get my hands on for both chassis.

How does it work
As stated above, the kits allow any KA compressor to be bolted to any SR20 type; they are completely interchangeable so long as you know the compressor type, and SR bracket type. Essentially, you could use an S13KA compressor in an S14 car, and you can use a redtop bracket kit on a blacktop engine…no more worries about getting the right stuff, as it all works! Pulley and belt line up works the same regardless.

Kit Contents: Literally Everything!
All of the needed hardware to secure the adapter brackets to the SR bracket, and new hardware to secure the compressor to my adapters brackets. My kits also come with the correct belt for the application (so long as using OEM crank pulley, if using aftermarket you can purchase kits without belt, please Contact Us)

New Features
The new version 4.0 brackets offer a new thinner profile, thanks to utilizing flat head allen bolts to secure the adapters to the SR bracket. The Flat head allen bolts also allowed the compressor to be moved up nearly ¾ of an inch finally giving clearance to the Moroso pan owners.
Lastly, the Flat head allen bolts self-center the brackets, meaning no misalignment issues!

http://www.sr20acbrackets.com http://www.sr20acbrackets.com http://www.sr20acbrackets.com

To Determine What Kit you have:

Pricing:
S13 KA compressor to SR20 Redtop or S15 SR20: 70 shipped
S13 KA compressor to S13/S14 SR20 Blacktop: 110 shipped
S14 KA compressor to SR20 Redtop or S15 SR20: 110 shipped
S14 KA compressor to S13/S14 SR20 Blacktop: 110 shipped

Purchasing
For purchasing information, please check out my website at CodyAce SR20 Air Conditioning Bracket or PM me

Contact me for any other information or questions you may have:
If you have any other questions feel free to email me at any time (codyace AT gmail DOT com) or PM me.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
snafupossum
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
snafupossum is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is a must do step when your doing a sr swap on your car. If your installing with your compressor in the bay, put the top bolt in the compressor before you put the motor in. Makes everything a bajillion times easier!
snafupossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by snafupossum View Post
This is a must do step when your doing a sr swap on your car. If your installing with your compressor in the bay, put the top bolt in the compressor before you put the motor in. Makes everything a bajillion times easier!
It also helps keep GF's happy when they ride with you I always laugh at how many guys PM me back saying how much happier their gf/wife is after getting AC back in the car.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 01-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
tinys s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
tinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
you should work on a kit for ka with rb motor that would be sweet
Old 01-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
ghetto180
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
ghetto180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
which ac bracket

i have a s14 sr in a s14 chassis which bracket kit will i need as well and which sr20det ac bracket? thanks
ghetto180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
GhostlyCoupe
Zilvia Member

GhostlyCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Just sent payment for a S13 -> S13 Redtop. Looks great excited to have a fully seated AC compressor!
GhostlyCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #7
Souljahzs13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (66)
Souljahzs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
This looks like a really clean setup
Souljahzs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:47 PM   #8
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Sent payment this afternoon. Looking forward to getting it in the mail. (then I'll be all out of excuses to start my engine swap)

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #9
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
do you sell R12 as well lol
Old 01-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
Vayber

Vayber is an unknown quantity at this point
Bump legit seller and quick and painless install
Old 01-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #11
codyace
Post Whore!

I didn't realize the post office would be closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so all kits will now be going out tomorrow!

Old 01-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinys s14 View Post
you should work on a kit for ka with rb motor that would be sweet
The thing that would concern me on the RB is how much further the engine sits forward in the engine bay, and the lines not 'reaching' sort to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto180 View Post
i have a s14 sr in a s14 chassis which bracket kit will i need as well and which sr20det ac bracket? thanks
You'll need to compare on the chart listed above. See what compressor you have (the top two side by side images) and then see what bracket you have (the bottom two images) and then follow my website link to make purchase.

If you do not have an SR20 AC Tensioner bracket, you can use anyone, from any year (as they all bolt to the block in the same fashion)...but you'll need to confirm which bracket you have with my picture to make sure you get the correct kit

With that all said I'd assume you will need teh S14 to S14 Blacktop kit, but you know what they say about assuming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souljahzs13 View Post
This looks like a really clean setup
Thanks brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2191 View Post
do you sell R12 as well lol
Haha, Not anymore. Too expensive. It's proven to work really well converting systems over to R134a, so that's always an option as well.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #13
snafupossum
Zilvia Member

snafupossum is an unknown quantity at this point
Here are some installed pics!

Only modification needed was to shave off 2 tabs at the bottom of the factory bracket in this pic

On the car

snafupossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #14
Duke89
Zilvia Junkie

Duke89 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is rly awesome to bad I went rb20
Duke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #15
jontron5000
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
jontron5000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
you wouldn't happen to have AC lines for sale as well would you?

Old 01-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #16
codyace
Post Whore!

I actually don't...but there are quite a few s13 part out sin the classifieds, may be worth a shot? Hard to say if they still have them though

Old 01-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #17
Finchie
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Finchie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This may be a stupid question, but searching around didn't answer it fully.

If my car was originally SOHC but now SR, I can't retain the old lines or condenser? I have to pretty much swap out the whole setup for a DOHC one? Then get your bracket?

Thanks
Finchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #18
codyace
Post Whore!

I've personally never done the SOHC to DOHC part swap, but have had many who have with success. With that said, you are going to need a DOHC compressor, and the lines that go from the firewall to the compressor, and the compressor to the condenser at a minimum. Aside from that, I've had some customers say it worked, and had other say they also needed to change to a DOHC condenser.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #19
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Edit: what happened is my s13 came with an s14 style compressor, so I had ordered the wrong kit. Upon comparing your photo with my compressor it's clear to see the difference.
Thanks for the quick reply via email and the excellent support!!!

Quote:

Last edited by brndck; 02-11-2012 at 08:47 AM..
Old 02-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #20
codyace
Post Whore!

Your correct kit will be headed out today Tyler! Thanks for being patient with this all and working with me to get it sorted out! It's certainly a confusing thing, as some later model s13 did come with the square pattern compressors.

Kits are still in stock guys, and can ship same day or next day!

Old 02-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #21
gostrider
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
gostrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I need s14 ac comp to s15 motor do you have any in stock?
gostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #22
brndck
Premium Member

Quick update. I did rec

Quote:
Old 02-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #23
brndck
Premium Member

Quick update. I did receive the new kit and it bolted up perfectly. Hardware was real nice and the quality is excellent. Thanks a ton man!!!

Quote:
Old 02-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #24
ghetto180
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
ghetto180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
s14 kit

i have a s14 bolt up kit for a sr20det s14 swap and it says U for upper L for lower? well when i put the long bolts through the compressor to ur new bracket, it clears but the fits barely, im not sure what version i have but the bolts are too short, the brackets are not like the new version, mine has two cylinder ish things welded to the plate, do you have any specific pictures of this old version hooked up, im pretty sure i have the right kit, my sr bracket is is in the shape of a square not the uneven square version, any help will b appreciated, thanks.
ghetto180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #25
DoubleURX
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DoubleURX is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am intersted in an S13 KA compressor to S13 sr20 blacktop. Do you have any in stock, and if you do, how do i go about ordering?
DoubleURX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #26
Winkkle

Winkkle is an unknown quantity at this point
So do these kits come with the compressor?
Winkkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #27
gostrider
Zilvia Addict

did you ship out the brackets last friday ?
Old 03-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #28
gostrider
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkkle View Post
So do these kits come with the compressor?
yeah they also come with lines and freeon
Old 03-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #29
DoubleURX
Leaky Injector

DoubleURX is on a distinguished road
Just received my order! Thanks again for the great service & fast shipping!
DoubleURX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #30
240Cali
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
wow... this makes me wanna buy an AC compressor right away!!! my gf hates my fkn car because of it lol ..im at NOOB at Ac stuff.. all i'd really need is to buy an s13 compressor? and the belt? i have a blacktop s13 Sr20..