Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-14-2018, 08:02 AM   #16021
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
This the one you're thinking of?
HAHA wow that is horrible!!!!
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2018, 08:06 AM   #16022
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
This the one you're thinking of?
Absolutely. Thanks.

Also, that s14 is trash. Different 9/10 times isn't good/better. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I don't agree with the "a real car enthusiast is someone who appreciates every car"

Fuck that. If you ask my opinion and I think its trash, I'll tell ya.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:53 PM   #16023
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Juucso is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Nah, fuck that piece of shit. Owner put Nazi decals all over it.
Only one and it is pointing to wrong way to be a Nazi swastika.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:43 AM   #16024
Beanzo

Beanzo is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll leave this here...
funny.jpg
Beanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:47 AM   #16025
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanzo View Post
I'll leave this here...
Damn that shit is ugly as fuck
Old 03-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #16026
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
is it just me or does it actually look tall? safe to assume something like 19s will do that?
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:47 PM   #16027
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

brokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanzo View Post
I'll leave this here...
Attachment 103082
The fatlace plate frame says it all

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
brokeboi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:18 AM   #16028
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Cambered? Really? I couldn't tell...
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:44 AM   #16029
Hoshino
Leaky Injector

Hoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Nah, fuck that piece of shit. Owner put Nazi decals all over it.
In Japan, the swastika is called manji. when you type out the word on your computer, chances are the swastika symbol will come up (卍). The manji doesn't have the kind of stigma in Japan as it does in the West, and is used pretty frequently in Buddhist tradition.

In fact, if you look at a city in Japan on Google Maps – especially older cities like Kyoto or Nara – you'll see lots of manji markings where Buddhist temples are located.

The nazis specifically used the symbol with the prongs facing right, and in many cases tilted it to look like it was spinning. The symbols you'll see in Japan are almost always facing to the left. If you have trouble remembering which is which, just think (Left = Love, Right = Reich).

With all the horrific things that the Nazis did, it became hard not to associate the swastika with the Nazi's brand of terror and hate. After all, the Nazis adopted the swastika on their flag and plastered it over anything you can think of.

The swastika, in the Japanese sense, can mean a number of positive things from strength to compassion.

The bottom line is that when you see a swastika in Japan, it's not some anti-Semitic symbol; it's usually used as a positive symbol of Buddhism. I definitely understand why the swastika has such an incredibly negative connotation in the West, but the thousands of years of history that Japan has with the swastika overrides the awful associations that much of the Western world has with it.

From Hashi at tofugu.com
Hoshino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:36 AM   #16030
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
wow, who would have thought the DIW thread would have a very helpful history lesson in it?

thanks for sharing!
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:49 AM   #16031
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshino View Post
In Japan, the swastika is called manji. when you type out the word on your computer, chances are the swastika symbol will come up (卍). The manji doesn't have the kind of stigma in Japan as it does in the West, and is used pretty frequently in Buddhist tradition.

In fact, if you look at a city in Japan on Google Maps – especially older cities like Kyoto or Nara – you'll see lots of manji markings where Buddhist temples are located.

The nazis specifically used the symbol with the prongs facing right, and in many cases tilted it to look like it was spinning. The symbols you'll see in Japan are almost always facing to the left. If you have trouble remembering which is which, just think (Left = Love, Right = Reich).

With all the horrific things that the Nazis did, it became hard not to associate the swastika with the Nazi's brand of terror and hate. After all, the Nazis adopted the swastika on their flag and plastered it over anything you can think of.

The swastika, in the Japanese sense, can mean a number of positive things from strength to compassion.

The bottom line is that when you see a swastika in Japan, it's not some anti-Semitic symbol; it's usually used as a positive symbol of Buddhism. I definitely understand why the swastika has such an incredibly negative connotation in the West, but the thousands of years of history that Japan has with the swastika overrides the awful associations that much of the Western world has with it.

From Hashi at tofugu.com

either way, didn't they say that gonorrhea on wheels is here in the states? Good luck explaining all that to each person he comes across...
Old 03-16-2018, 11:30 AM   #16032
Hoshino
Leaky Injector

Hoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of light
He’s an older gentleman named Satomi from “the outskirts of Kyoto”, according to speedhunters.

Not saying the car is cool/awesome/right but it’s a symbol of positivity in his country.
I don’t think he’s a nazi.
Hoshino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:56 PM   #16033
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
He’s an older gentleman named Satomi from “the outskirts of Kyoto”, according to speedhunters.

Not saying the car is cool/awesome/right but it’s a symbol of positivity in his country.
I don’t think he’s a nazi.
Dude American ignorance is always gonna prevail. You should read the shit on the local Facebook pages. Most cringeworthy 'gaijin-in-japan' shit you can think of man. It will answer any questions you have as to why we have a bad reputation here (besides us being in the military).
Old 03-19-2018, 07:06 AM   #16034
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:

From Hashi at tofugu.com
*Sigh* Ppl see what that want to see, i guess... smh
I never said he had swastikas on his car. I said he's got Nazi decals/livery/imagery.
I'm well aware of the difference in meanings between the left and right facing symbols.

Let's not act like Japan didn't ally themselves with the Nazis and have an ongoing racism problem to this day.
I'm not saying dude is racist... But I'm not saying he ain't either.
Personally, I think the apparent extreme fascination with war machines (shown in this car) juxtaposed against the Buddhist practices that you're trying to interject is a little odd.
Seems like a stretch to me, but whatever.
Even with the mangi reversed, given the context of the other German WWII design cues of the build, like this Nazi eagle... It's just problematic as fuck.

And aside from all that stuff... Man, look at this shit. LOOK AT IT!!! lolsmh
Old 03-19-2018, 08:05 AM   #16035
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
I instantly lose respect for anything sticker bombed. Shit is for trashy 19 year olds.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:34 AM   #16036
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
I instantly lose respect for anything sticker bombed. Shit is for trashy 19 year olds.
Right. And apparently, this dude was in his 40s...
But my attention in on that steering wheel setup. What in the Mhubeny hell kinda shit is that?
Old 03-19-2018, 09:24 AM   #16037
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
What in the Mhubeny hell kinda shit is that?
Old 03-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #16038
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Check out this 1998 SC1 Tuned and upgraded Full sport SPS air flow system Mid Pipes Performance Exhaust Build 7" Computer KENWOOD Navigation System Matrix Seat for $4 on OfferUp.
https://offerup.co/ZJN4wd5RpL

Just read the description lol
Old 03-19-2018, 09:48 AM   #16039
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Y'all still arguing over a speedhunters build that is now 7 or 8 years old.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:45 PM   #16040
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Quote:
Right. And apparently, this dude was in his 40s...
But my attention in on that steering wheel setup. What in the Mhubeny hell kinda shit is that?
Yo dawg, I heard you like quick releases
So we attached a quick release to your quick release for faster release.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:30 PM   #16041
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This thread reminded me that my car has been at least two colors for nearly 14 years now.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:58 PM   #16042
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
I dont care how old that s14 build is, it will be a timeless piece of shit. Just when I though we had seen the worst of that car

and boom there come the interior shots haha
Old 03-20-2018, 10:15 AM   #16043
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:49 AM   #16044
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared420sx View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's doing it right for me haha.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #16045
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by di-devol View Post
That's doing it right for me haha.
Werd my kid would get a kick out of that. Just needs a tongue hanging out. Then it would look rad as fuk going sideways!
Old 03-20-2018, 12:48 PM   #16046
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Apparently its becoming a trend in Japan, especially with K cars, to put bumpers on them that make them look alive or like cars from the "Cars" movies.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:21 PM   #16047
simmode1
Post Whore!

Yeah, I'm sorry... any car that smiles at me, I'm smiling back. That shit's fresh...lol
Old 03-20-2018, 04:51 PM   #16048
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure whether that's hilarious or creepy. A little of both.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:30 PM   #16049
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Yeah that miata is not wrong at all. Having fun is different than nazi influenced S14 (I don't care if the swastika is at the 'nazi angle,' the way it is presented speaks volumes.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:28 PM   #16050
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Yeah that miata is not wrong at all. Having fun is different than nazi influenced S14 (I don't care if the swastika is at the 'nazi angle,' the way it is presented speaks volumes.
It's just different here. The people here are otaku about most mechanical things...to include machines of war. Trains, planes, trucks, and obviously cars.