Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-26-2014, 04:45 PM   #1
Tech Ninja

Trader Rating: (0)
Tech Ninja is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR Rewiring SR20DE to SR20DET

Hello, I just recently performed my first engine swap to upgrade my 180sx from an SR20DE to SR20DET. Everything was going smooth until it was time to plug in the harness...

The DET harness plugs in fine into the ECU (or the blue plug) however the white plug of the harness (which I was told was called "the body harness") does not plug in

Is there anyone here who has had this experience before? I was told that I would have to do some rewiring/splicing but honestly I'm afraid I'll mess up my only DET harness or blow up my car when I try to start it.

I've been doing as much research as I can for wiring schematics or youtube videos of anyone who knows what wires need to be rewired but no dice.

I'm confused on if I need to rewire BOTH the blue ECU and the white body harness or just the white since thats the one that doesnt plug in. And do I just (for example) find which wire operates the AC on one harness and splice it to the new harness in that same pin?

Thanks in advance for all the help. I can't wait to get my car back and running...its killing me...
Tech Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
bmxer882x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
bmxer882x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Not sure about the de but I would definately run the det ecu. Body plug is easy info if you search a little. Your talking about the dash plug tho I believe.
bmxer882x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:22 PM   #3
Tech Ninja

Trader Rating: (0)
Tech Ninja is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxer882x View Post
Not sure about the de but I would definately run the det ecu. Body plug is easy info if you search a little. Your talking about the dash plug tho I believe.
Hey thanks man, I appreciate it. You are correct the dash plug is what its called. I ended up acquring a SR20DET blacktop harness and to my surprise *drumroll* the dash plug lines up perfectly and even plugs in! As opposed to the redtop harness that I had which was a different size. After work today I'm going to plug it in and try to start the car. If that doesn't work someone told me that the power wire is different and I need to find that and I should be golden. hope it works...I miss my car >.<
Tech Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote