Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Interior & Exterior

Old 09-21-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Trader Rating: (14)
S13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Gain Status Shift Knobs. Hand Made in the US of A. Introductory Rate

Shift Knobs are Gain Status’s main business. We hand make every shift knob in house. There is no CNC machines that bust hundreds of these out every day. When you buy a Gain Status Shift Knob you know that one of us here at DPI hand turned it in the USA.

We currently have prduction knobs in Several kinds of Wood, Aluminum, Natural and Black Delrin. Custom knobs are available in Stainless Steel, Titanium and any other material you would like.

Till the End of September $5 off of every Gain Status Knob. Along with that every knob gets a free Gain Status Sticker ($5 value)

Enter Coupon code GS5 at checkout to receive offer.

More info can be found here. (Sizes, Materials)

Gain Status: Shift Knobs

For the personal touch Custom Lettering is available on all wood knobs. (Up to 18 characters).

Wood Knobs also have your choice of Top GS Logo, Side Gain Status Lettering, Both or no logos at all.

Aluminum Knobs are available in Brushed or Polished Finish.

Delrin Knobs are available in Smoth or Grooved finish.

Aluminum Knobs

Delrin Knobs

Wood Knobs

Purchase Knobs Here:

Shift Knobs : DPI, Wheels : Tires : Performance : Custom Fab

Just let me know what vehicle your Shift Knob is going on so I can thread it correctly.
BMW Fitment Knobs are available at $10 extra

PM or Email me with any questions.

*Custom Knobs are available as well, pm or email me a drawing or a description along with what material you would like and I will get you a quote.
S13FREEAAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
do you have better, bigger pics?

and dimensions?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

S13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfection
Any particular Knob you are interested in for pictures?

The dimensions available on the production knobs are listed on this page:

Old 09-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #4
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

Trader Rating: (1)
MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cool.

How do the knobs attach, do you have a threaded insert in the bottom?

I assume Delrin is an excellent thermal insulator? My current knob gets very hot in the summer.
MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #5
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
delrin is a high impact plastic they make frame sliders for motorcycles out of them
Old 09-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLO*SOS View Post
Cool.

How do the knobs attach, do you have a threaded insert in the bottom?

I assume Delrin is an excellent thermal insulator? My current knob gets very hot in the summer.
The Delrin and aluminum knobs are drilled and tapped as both those materials hold up great when threaded.

The Wood knob have an threaded aluminum insert.

Delrin is great stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter. We run the Delrin on our S14 and have yet to be burned or uncomfortable.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #7
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
out of curiosity, have you used em long enough to where it gets shinier with more use? because the nismo one is like that, where its very polished as you use it

also, the gaunt size seems taller than the tall race even though the tall race is 2 inches taller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
are you an angel? because i want to put my penis in your vagina.
http://yourenotdown.net/

Last edited by JayDee M Rolly; 09-22-2009 at 12:19 AM..
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:28 AM   #8
Vinny
Zilvia Addict

Vinny is a jewel in the roughVinny is a jewel in the roughVinny is a jewel in the roughVinny is a jewel in the roughVinny is a jewel in the roughVinny is a jewel in the roughVinny is a jewel in the rough
loovee the wood! Plan to order in the following week or 2!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:23 AM   #9
veeates36
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
veeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to veeates36
Wow.. Very nice looking knobs.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:26 PM   #10
shadowsc

shadowsc is an unknown quantity at this point
picture of difference between smooth & grooved Delrin knob??

also, on the order page it doesn't ask for vehicle specification for threading, are we supposed to order through pm?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #11
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee M Rolly View Post
out of curiosity, have you used em long enough to where it gets shinier with more use? because the nismo one is like that, where its very polished as you use it

also, the gaunt size seems taller than the tall race even though the tall race is 2 inches taller
We haven't had the black delrin in use long enough to see a difference in the finish, I had a Nismo knob a few years ago and it did the same thing. I imagine ours will do the same as that is a trait of Delrin, although the grooved finish won't do it as quickly.

Vinny: Just let me know whenever you are ready.

veeates36: I appreciate that, we put a good amount of time into development of these knobs, always nice to hear go things.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #12
xsublimefrekx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
xsublimefrekx has made poor choicesxsublimefrekx has made poor choicesxsublimefrekx has made poor choicesxsublimefrekx has made poor choicesxsublimefrekx has made poor choicesxsublimefrekx has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
im curious as to how heavy these are
xsublimefrekx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #13
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

JayDee M Rolly: The picture in the Delrin Tall Race knobs is actually the shorter race knob. I don't currently have a Tall Race made up to photograph, I can make one if you would like to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsc View Post
picture of difference between smooth & grooved Delrin knob??

also, on the order page it doesn't ask for vehicle specification for threading, are we supposed to order through pm?
I'm away from the shop at the moment, I'll put a picture up of the grained and smooth once I get back.

I forgot to mention that in the first post. If you purchase through the dpistore.net website put your vehicle in the comments section during checkout. Otherwise you can just pm me. Whatever is easiest.

xsublimefrekx: Which knob would you like a weight on? I can put extra weight in the Wood knobs, so that is customizable.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #14
Vinny
Zilvia Addict

Vinny is a jewel in the roughVinny is a jewel in the roughVinny is a jewel in the roughVinny is a jewel in the roughVinny is a jewel in the roughVinny is a jewel in the roughVinny is a jewel in the rough
Is adding weight extra $ or no?
Old 09-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #15
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
would be nice to see pics of the gaunt & tall =D very interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
are you an angel? because i want to put my penis in your vagina.
http://yourenotdown.net/
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #16
implayaz9
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
implayaz9 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
pmed
msg length
implayaz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #17
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13FREEAAK View Post
Any particular Knob you are interested in for pictures?

The dimensions available on the production knobs are listed on this page:

gaunt, long dong...

how about better pictures of all of them except wood
Old 09-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #18
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Is adding weight extra $ or no?
I'll throw it in for free until the end of September, otherwise it's just $5.

Just let me know you would like it weighted in the comment section when you checkout.

Quote:
I'll get a Tall Race Delrin made up. I'll post pictures up here and send you a pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by implayaz9 View Post
pmed
msg length
Replied

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-via View Post
gaunt, long dong...

how about better pictures of all of them except wood
I'll get some better pictures up, and I'll send you a pm with them.

Here are a few pictures showing grooved and smooth

I'll offer up my personal opinion on on the Delrin finishes. I personally like the feel of the grooved Delrin, but grooved doesn't work the greatest with the white Delrin. The white Delrin will show more dirt and grease than black, so if you leave the white smooth it wipes clean with a wet rag, grooved is alittle harder to clean.

So when a customer asks, I suggest Grooved for Black and Smooth for White.

I just pulled these off the lathe so they are not completely finished (If you notice I haven't cleaned up the bottom yet, just got done tapping them for a customers 240.)

White is smooth, black is grooved.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #19
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Quote:
I'm going to make up another Delrin Tall Race knob tonight. What would you like to see it in? Black or white; grooved or smooth?
Old 09-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #20
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Quote:
Tall Race in White, smooth finish. Gaunt in Black, grooved finish.

I'll put the Tall Race in a 240 tomorrow and get another shot.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:48 AM   #21
Nezahualcoyotl
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Nezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
how much do they normally weigh?
Nezahualcoyotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #22
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Here are the weights:

Wood Long Dong: 8 oz (I can weight them up to 18 oz.)
Wood Standard: 4 oz (I can weight them up to 14 oz.)
Delrin Race: 6 oz
Delrin Tall Race: 11 oz.
Delrin Gaunt: 7.5 oz
Delrin Skinny Long Dong: 9.5 oz
Delrin Skinny Mini: 4 oz.
Alumaknobi Magus: 16 oz. (1 lb.)
Alumaknobi Dirigen: 12 oz.
Alumaknobi Minerval: 10 oz.
Alumaknobi Novice: 8 oz.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #23
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Here is a Delrin Tall Race (White/Smooth Finish) in a S14.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #24
wawazat8402
Zilvia Member

wawazat8402 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to wawazat8402
Looking forward to getting mine in. Ill try to get some pics up after the motors in the car.
wawazat8402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #25
dorininja

dorininja will become famous soon enoughdorininja will become famous soon enoughdorininja will become famous soon enoughdorininja will become famous soon enoughdorininja will become famous soon enough
Can't wait to get my Delrin Tall Race in smooth black! Stoked! Bump for a sick usable shift knob made out of kick ass Delrin!
dorininja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:02 AM   #26
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
sites down.
mau5trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:09 AM   #27
I LUV MY S13