Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:51 PM   #31
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issa__40__ View Post
thanks for the reply, i barely got the car towed back from the shop that did the swap for me they said they tested the battery and it was fine . im going to try to get a better ground hopefully that helps looks like 2 guage but i could be wrong looks decently thick , and they also put a breaker switch that switches off when the cable gets hott and yea voltage drops down from 12v down to 4v when trying to crank
Wait you got it towed back to your house from their shop? And they did the swap and battery relocation? Why?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2018, 12:54 PM   #32
Issa__40__
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Issa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-knownIssa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-knownIssa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-knownIssa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yea i got it towed back home cuz they were leaning towards the issue being the timing but my mechanic did the timing according to the book , top dead center and left cam gear at 11pm and right cam gear at 1pm so im confident timing isnt the issue . and they were going to charge me too much to diagnose it so i decided to just tow it home , i did a 1uz swap and the battery gets in the way in the bay so they relocated it to my trunk
Issa__40__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:19 PM   #33
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
yea i got it towed back home cuz they were leaning towards the issue being the timing but my mechanic did the timing according to the book , top dead center and left cam gear at 11pm and right cam gear at 1pm so im confident timing isnt the issue . and they were going to charge me too much to diagnose it so i decided to just tow it home , i did a 1uz swap and the battery gets in the way in the bay so they relocated it to my trunk
Charge you for what? You payed them to do the swap, and they relocated the battery as part of it? It's their job to get it running. You need to get it back and tell them to finish the job. If they think that physically setting the motor in the bay and plugging it in is all they have to do, that's a joke.

Old 02-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #34
Issa__40__
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Issa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-knownIssa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-knownIssa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-knownIssa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
they thought issue was timing and the shop that did the swap said they dont do internal work , so the guy that wired up the car for me at their shop was going to charge me $85 an hour to diagnose the issue and he said it would be roughly 3 hours .so thats $255 just to " diagnose it" then from there whatever it costs to fix
Issa__40__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:15 PM   #35
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
they thought issue was timing and the shop that did the swap said they dont do internal work , so the guy that wired up the car for me at their shop was going to charge me $85 an hour to diagnose the issue and he said it would be roughly 3 hours .so thats $255 just to " diagnose it" then from there whatever it costs to fix
Why did they open it up then if they don't do internal work? They could've made it worse for all you know. But the 3 hours to diagnose a no start is absolutely rediculous. Pretty incompetent shop, non the less trying to take advantage of you. Sounds more like they don't know what do to, so they said they'll do it for a lot of extra money hoping you'd say no. I'd suggest a talk with whoever runs that place to finish the job