Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-02-2016, 04:46 PM   #1
xverses
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
xverses is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 KA-t not starting

So long story short turbo melted the brake fluid reservoir and my car went up in flames. Had to replace nearly everything in the front end as well as the internal body harness. I built the car myself but I guess the heat shield for the brake booster wasn't enough in itself. I've wrapped everything I can and bought a turbo sleeve to prevent this from becoming an issue again. I suggest you do the same.

I have all new (off used cars) wiring. The interior body harness is for a sohc and the engine is for dohc. I've already swapped the plug that goes from the ecu to the body harness(repinned the plug, nothing was soldered) bought used dw810 injectors, tested flow rate and resistance everything checks out.
Checked spark in all 4 cylinders( each plug and each wire) and I have spark. I triple checked timing as well as distributor timing, everything checks out. I swapped plugs for my z32 maf checked 12v source and ground and return wires. Turbo is pulling air in, checked for leaks in i/c piping and everything is right. I don't have the exhaust set up but the turbo should be providing enough back pressure.
Walbro 255 f/p is working perfectly. Checked compression everything is great. I've gone through and checked every ground and resistance was good all around. I even checked the firing order for the distributor and that's correct (I've made this mistake before).

If I could get some outside view points on something I could be overlooking and maybe find the solution to my problem I would be very greatful. Btw sorry for the wall of text. Just wanted to make sure it was detailed. Feel free to ask any other deatails if that will be helpful.
xverses is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2016, 05:41 PM   #2
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Does the car have gas in the tank?
Old 12-02-2016, 06:12 PM   #3
xverses
Leaky Injector

Yes. I drained all the old gas and put in new gas. All the fluids have been replaced. I just checked to see if I had the distributor timing 180 degrees off and no change.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:18 PM   #4
2.5T_/<ouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
What ECU are you running? Is your ECU calibrated for the larger injectors and the z32 MAF?
2.5T_/<ouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:23 PM   #5
xverses
Leaky Injector

It's a stock ecu with a tune from enthalapy. The set up is 100% the same as before. Car ran great before the fire ��
Old 12-02-2016, 06:26 PM   #6
xverses
Leaky Injector

I opened the ecu to make sure nothing was damaged (obvious damage). As far as I know everything seems to be fine with the ecu. Even read cel, coolant temp sensor was bad. But that wouldn't prevent the car from starting.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:23 PM   #7
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
What were the compression numbers?
Old 12-02-2016, 07:24 PM   #8
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
CTS can prevent car from starting, cts for some reason can cause some super wacky issues in my experience
Old 12-03-2016, 10:54 PM   #9
xverses
Leaky Injector

I replaced the ctsand it cleared the light. I realized I may have a harness from an auto car and was reading about auto to manual swaps. I'm curious if I'd still have to jump the harness in order for it to think it's in park when starting it? But I have a manual ecu so I shouldn't have to. I guess I'll give it a try and see what happens.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:37 PM   #10
thegr8one013
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
thegr8one013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
when you say not starting do you mean its not cranking? or is it cranking and doesn't start?

if its not cranking then it may be from an auto car and you have to jump the 2 wires to get it to crank
thegr8one013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 03:59 PM   #11
xverses
Leaky Injector

The engine is cranking, fuel is sending to the engine. Spark is present. I just finished the jumper for the possibility of if it's from an auto car an it still will not start. I can smell exhaust fumes but it's just not running. I'm honestly lost.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:12 PM   #12
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

What were the compression numbers. I have a feeling you melted some pistons
Old 12-04-2016, 04:58 PM   #13
xverses
Leaky Injector

I removed the pistons and checked the ring lands and rings. Everything was fine. Compression was a little low, 120 in all 4 cylinders. I know this is quite low but if there was something wrong with the pistons I highly doubt they would all be reading the same. I was curious if the head gasket might be bad but I don't see any leaking from the head. My boosted mr2 had low cold compression as well. But once it was at operating temp it was normal ranges.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:59 PM   #14
xverses
Leaky Injector

I'm not ruling out that it could be bad compression but I feel like it should at least be stuttering to start with those numbers.
Old 12-04-2016, 05:48 PM   #15
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Have you not sent the ecu to Martin to have him make sure it's all good?

I would contact him tomorrow and explain to him that you'd like it checked and mail it out priority and have it back before weeks end. just do it now so you don't kick yourself in the ass later when you need to.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:00 PM   #16
thegr8one013
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
thegr8one013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Have you done a leak down test
thegr8one013 is offline   Reply With Quote