Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:14 AM   #10921
Green Arrow
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
In light of future rwd coupe developments, take a glance back on this thread.
Just re-read the first ten pages. And some of the guesses/assumptions/ theory’s came to life.

The humor, and the sadness of 10yrs in hopes of a new s-chassis traded for a mustang.... lol
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2017, 11:57 AM   #10922
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkicpe View Post
^^^^

I have found that some people are very enamored by the idea of electric cars, that they fail to see all of the crutches used to prop them up. Advocates seem to turn a blind eye to the origins of the power stored in the batteries, the origins/environmental toll the manufacturing of the batteries, the absurdity of the overheating/limp mode problems, fit and finish, management follies, huge .gov subsidies, spontaneous combustion, I mean I could go on.

Sounds like a great idea, in practice its not as attractive.

ahhhh the power of marketing and public perception

electricity is so clean it doesn't even make any smoke
Ever seen a big new expensive (as shit) diesel truck in limp mode? Or just turn off until you pay a dealer thousands of dollars? Sometimes you gotta limp.

Saying it's not environmental on a car forum hardly does much to argue against electric cars, as far as I can see. It's just another form of stored energy - pretty sure it's use in cars predates that of internal combustion.

Cars having fit and finish problems? Management follies and reliability problems and subsidies in a car company? Say it ain't so...
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #10923
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
THIS!!! I look for the silver lining in EV cars taking over, but I would have MUCH preferred if Hydrogen power became the dominant technology. Much smaller environmental footprint.
I am right there with you.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:23 PM   #10924
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Yes, the sedan market is DRY. And that goes for long time staples like the Accord, Camry, 3 Series, etc. Luxury and sport sedans are being hit even harder. Ford JUST released the Fusion Sport and you can get them for $10k off. At $35k the thing was already one of the bang for your bucks on the market. EVERYONE is buying CUVs in all shapes and sizes.

So point being, this Stinger GT should be pretty cheap soon and another great deal.
Annnnnnnd I fucking called it. My quote from July. That was quicker than I thought though.

https://jalopnik.com/kia-is-offering...f-y-1820848361
Old 11-29-2017, 11:13 PM   #10925
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like Nissan is shitting out another rolling pile of disappointment for 2018...the Kicks cuv.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:46 AM   #10926
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
Looks like Nissan is shitting out another rolling pile of disappointment for 2018...the Kicks cuv.

One that’s going to print money though.

On a side note the LA Auto Show is happening and...Mazda is the only manufacturer that debuted a car. Other than the 6 there have ONLY (ok fine, a new CLS and a Vette debuted but...) been CUVs debut. Wow. At the LA AUTO show! No sports car at all.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:55 AM   #10927
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:

BTW, I appreciate you not posting a picture about it. I really don't want to see it...lol
Old 11-30-2017, 06:56 AM   #10928
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, the LA auto show has been kind of a snorefest. Mazda's new sled looks slick, Nissan's star wars hype wagons are goofy.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:45 AM   #10929
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Yea, the LA auto show has been kind of a snorefest. Mazda's new sled looks slick, Nissan's star wars hype wagons are goofy.

I’m actually going to be there next week and thought “hey maybe I’ll swing in and check it out.”. But man I’m not sure I really want to see anything other than the 6. And even that’s not worth the hassle of me getting there and the price of admission.

I thought the LA show would be THE show the Supra would debut. Very surprised actually. Especially since it didn’t debut in Tokyo. Detroit maaaaybe. Even though Chicago is getting bigger I just don’t see that being the place to debut such an important car. After that the big big shows are done. I CANT imagine them waiting another 9 months. Do they just whip the thing out out of nowhere in the middle of Summer?

Very surprised indeed.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:47 AM   #10930
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
BTW, I appreciate you not posting a picture about it. I really don't want to see it...lol
It's just as boring as the rest of their lineup, so nothing lost.

Old 12-03-2017, 02:22 PM   #10931
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I’m not particularly motivated to visit the LA auto show.

The Chevy booth would be the only thing I’m more interested in, esp the ZR1 is on display. Aside from lukewarm interest in the Civic Type R, I find the Japanese offerings dreadfully depressing.

Yes it would have been nice to see the Supra. Sad we may have just missed it.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:25 PM   #10932
johnydoesit
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
johnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Leaked C8
https://imgur.com/a/Dsj8F
johnydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:34 PM   #10933
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Yeah super cool. The leak a few weeks ago says it’s going to debut in 1 month at the Detroit Auto Show. Sure how so. Last years Show was truly awful.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:41 PM   #10934
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Annnnnnnd I fucking called it. My quote from July. That was quicker than I thought though.

https://jalopnik.com/kia-is-offering...f-y-1820848361
So I just built a Stinger GT and it came out to $41,250. With the $6800 in incentives the car is a goddamn performance STEAL.

Calling the Kia dealer tomorrow.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:31 PM   #10935
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Which passenger car? LMK
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:04 PM   #10936
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
looks like kia stinger imitated audi a7 design esp. the rear. the frontend just dont flow/blend with the rest of the body.

i prefer the giulia 2.0 turbo at this price range.
although, stinger does have a awd option on the 2.0 which is pretty cool
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:09 AM   #10937
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
looks like kia stinger imitated audi a7 design esp. the rear. the frontend just dont flow/blend with the rest of the body.

i prefer the giulia 2.0 turbo at this price range.
although, stinger does have a awd option on the 2.0 which is pretty cool
Well everyone is doing the “coupe” kinda roofline.

I like the fact that the Stinger is a pretty spacious hatch to boot.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:42 AM   #10938
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

MightyMouse13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I actually don't hate it, even though I constantly hate on Kia, but it kills me that their first legitimate entry into the sports car market doesn't offer a manual transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MightyMouse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:50 AM   #10939
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouse13 View Post
I actually don't hate it, even though I constantly hate on Kia, but it kills me that their first legitimate entry into the sports car market doesn't offer a manual transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah and that’s really what made me not even consider it. But hell, I need a second car. Bad. It has to be able to fit 3 booster seats in the back seat and fit a ton of camera equipment for shoots so any kind of coupe is out. That leaves me with some kind of sport sedan and non of them are offered in stick. The ATS was really the best bet. But if I comprise on the transmission the Stinger is a hell of a car for the $.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:31 PM   #10940
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydoesit View Post
I don't see anything...

But here's the pre-production C7 ZR1 though...
Old 12-15-2017, 04:36 PM   #10941
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

That’s definitely Detroit area. You just see that shit there. Some odd years ago we saw a unreleased C7 ZO6 pulling out of a residential driveway and onto a flatbed about 40 min west of Detroit in the middle of the day. I also saw (and have a photo) of the C7R being loaded into a enclosed trailer in the middle of downtown Ann Arbor. I thought it was a fucking Harley. Nope, just a full blown LeMans GT car. Lol
Old 12-15-2017, 05:43 PM   #10942
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
OMG!!! ACTUAL FUNCTIONAL HUGE UGLY VENTS!!!

Honda really needs to take note... if youre gonna add a shit ton of ugly giant vents to the car, MAKE THEM WORK!!!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:48 PM   #10943
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
OMG!!! ACTUAL FUNCTIONAL HUGE UGLY VENTS!!!

Honda really needs to take note... if youre gonna add a shit ton of ugly giant vents to the car, MAKE THEM WORK!!!
Come on homie, you know these kids don’t care. Lol

Last edited by exitspeed; 12-16-2017 at 07:07 AM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:09 AM   #10944
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/12/...-2018.amp.html

Kia Stinger engine and the new Nissan 3.0t named to Wards top 10 engines.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:54 PM   #10945
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/12/...-2018.amp.html

Kia Stinger engine and the new Nissan 3.0t named to Wards top 10 engines.
Too bad Nissan hasn't given us a decent car for it to be in.

New Video
Buy my mounts!

Last edited by drift freaq; 12-17-2017 at 01:16 PM..
Old 12-16-2017, 09:55 PM   #10946
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Too bad Nissan has given us a decent car for it to be in.
Life is ok 50? So is that the new rwd?
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:15 PM   #10947
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSexy180 View Post
Life is ok 50? So is that the new rwd?
That was a typo lol it should have hasn't

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 12-31-2017, 06:36 AM   #10948
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

The new Star Wars Nissan commercial that shows off the blind spot warning feature is CRINGEWORTHY. “It sees what you don’t “ gasp. More embarrassment from Nissan.

On a side note, the IDX designer posted a pic of it on IG. He comped it into a shot of a store lined street and a women walking and it said “EV Hatchback”. It still looks great. And relevant. And forward. That would be an EV I’d buy.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:25 PM   #10949
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Thoughts?

https://jalopnik.com/i-am-very-pleas...-to-1821709120

I know this “look” is both loved and loathed by people on here. But it’s cool a $100k Lexus IS being modded no?
Old 01-03-2018, 08:11 AM   #10950
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Infiniti’s Q Inspiration Concept. I like that they are cleaning up their design. Less excessive creases and odd shapes. It’s a little more derivative, but I think it’s an improvement over their current design language.