Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-17-2015, 11:07 AM   #31
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I'm just curious where you found a new JDM front lip. These build threads are great, keep it up!
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2015, 12:51 PM   #32
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
I'm just curious where you found a new JDM front lip. These build threads are great, keep it up!
Most of the brand new aero parts I've acquired are from people who never finished their own builds.

My VSXX for example. Those are brand new 17/18 stagger in discontinued sizes. Bought them from someone who had them in storage for years.

Some brand new parts have been through contacts at Nissan.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 03:06 PM   #33
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob's S14
awesome work so far. can't wait to see updates since this will be some nice inspiration for me.
Rob's S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:01 PM   #34
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
those blitz 03
Old 06-03-2016, 09:17 AM   #35
Teddy Bruckshot
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Teddy Bruckshot is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Any updates on this build ? Wonderful thread I appreciate all the time , thought and effort you put in
Teddy Bruckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:05 AM   #36
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
I apologize for the extremely late update, but priorities will always be priorities and cars tend to be put on the back burner for me.

My brother and I finally share the same work schedule. We were able to reinstall the spare KA I have along with the complete Greddy turbo kit to do a final mock up of where everything will be placed prior to sending the car off for paint.

All unnecessary holes in the engine bay have been marked. Core support will still be made removable for easy access when pulling the engine. Intake manifold will be stripped of all smog related components. The only items we have left to mock up are an FPR, oil cooler with oil filter relocation, and the Chasebays PS reservoir.

I have to say, I absolutely love the Greddy KA-T kit. It is allowing us to keep AC on the car without having to run a bunch of custom parts. Also, we didn't have to cut unnecessary holes for the FMIC. Greddy made everything fit using existing holes. We will be running larger injectors along with an AEM EMS V2 instead of the piggy back ECU Greddy includes with their kit.

Just to give you an idea of how it'll be looking once we get everything buttoned up. Motor will be fully refreshed with new seals and nothing will go back onto the car until it's been restored/refinished.

Evo brembo's also fit quite nicely behind the TE's. Calipers will be sand blasted and powdercoated for final assembly after the car comes back from paint.

Oh, I also sold off all of the used K's aero parts and managed to source everything new. Bumpers are obviously still fairly easy to buy, but good luck trying to find BNIB valances, lip, and sideskirts with original instructions/hardware.

I have stocked up on more rare goods to go on the car once final assembly rolls around.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 05-10-2017, 01:25 PM   #37
BryanS14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks awesome. I balked at the cost of the Greddy kit when I turbo'd my KA. Should have gone with it because by the end I had spent about the same money 10x the time and still didn't have a good running car when I was done.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:49 PM   #38
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Late update is better than no update.

Teaser pics from the painter.

Car is being prepped this week. Paint should be on it by next week.

Hopefully have the car back by December to start reassembly.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 11-07-2017, 02:23 AM   #39
240sxRuinedMe

240sxRuinedMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I like sunroofs, but due to the age of these cars, I just feel that they'll be problematic as time goes on. Having to source replacement parts would be a pain.
Blahhhhh, you really think it'll be tough? I'll be looking into getting into an S14 in a couple of months and do plan on keeping it for a long time, but sunroofs are a nice addition.

convince me on a hardtop.
240sxRuinedMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:56 AM   #40
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
This is exciting! Love the color. Can't wait to see it sir.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:40 PM   #41
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Didn't know you had a build thread lol. Full of excitement

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2017, 08:24 PM   #42
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxRuinedMe View Post
Blahhhhh, you really think it'll be tough? I'll be looking into getting into an S14 in a couple of months and do plan on keeping it for a long time, but sunroofs are a nice addition.

convince me on a hardtop.
Just google "S14 sunroof trim".

That's the most common piece to go out on S14 sunroofs.

No replacement available. With a sunroof, you run the risk of having leaks, rust forming around the base, less headroom, etc.

All of my cars are hardtop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
This is exciting! Love the color. Can't wait to see it sir.
I'm super excited to finally see this thing come together. It's been far too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Didn't know you had a build thread lol. Full of excitement

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Yeah, I mostly keep to myself these days.

I'll be updating this along with my hatch build thread within the next few weeks. Making steady progress for once.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 11-08-2017, 10:46 PM   #43
s1421
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
s1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Heres an update as of today car shell is primered.
s1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:08 AM   #44
240sxRuinedMe

240sxRuinedMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Just google "S14 sunroof trim".

That's the most common piece to go out on S14 sunroofs.

No replacement available. With a sunroof, you run the risk of having leaks, rust forming around the base, less headroom, etc.

All of my cars are hardtop.
Thank you for the knowledge on that trim, I didn't know about that until I researched it.

Love sunroofs but, yeah you're right these cars are old and would hate to do a roof skin swap or let alone stress on sourcing parts.
240sxRuinedMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:07 PM   #45
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Seeing the color in person was an absolute joy. I haven't been this excited to work on a car in years.

After 10 hours on the road, my younger brother has his new 2018 project car.

The owner had it sitting around for a few years unfortunately due to the S14 SR developing a blown head gasket.

Focusing on making it a fun street car. So, the build will be kept simple with reliability being top priority. KA swap is on its way along with new suspension, adjustable arms, wheels, and plenty more.

Before the S14 SR went bad.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 11-14-2017, 11:26 PM   #46
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
that's a gooooood blue
Old 11-15-2017, 12:51 AM   #47
joshg51
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
joshg51 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm about to blow the biggest load when this car is done, those white TEs and s15 seats are gonna perfect. Very jealous of this and the s15
Old 11-16-2017, 08:23 AM   #48
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Bigger pics since Facebook and Instagram compress them quite a bit.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 11-16-2017, 09:04 AM   #49
Zenki_559
Leaky Injector

Zenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of light
Holy shit that color looks awesome!!! I used to know the guy who had that red S14, pretty sure he still runs the "LowerStandards" brand.
Zenki_559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:11 AM   #50
BryanS14
Leaky Injector

BryanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
That blue... Amazing!
Old 11-16-2017, 01:14 PM   #51
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Saw you post some jdm kouki stuff fs/ft earlier. I thought you were going to build a Zenki Navan car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:43 PM   #52
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
Saw you post some jdm kouki stuff fs/ft earlier. I thought you were going to build a Zenki Navan car
That was another car we were going to put together, but I decided to sell the chassis due to it having an aftermarket sunroof delete along with flared/pulled rear quarter panels.

I still have some of the Navan stuff hanging around in storage.

The red Kouki was just too good to pass up. My younger brother wanted something for himself to tinker with without worrying about damaging anything. I'm not a short tempered person by any means, but he knows how much my blue Kouki and hatch mean to me.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 12-02-2017, 10:15 AM   #53
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Car is now sitting safely at home. Putting it on stands on Monday, pulling all of the suspension off the car along with the fuel tank/lines and prepping it for undercoat.

We also decided to do a flat clear on the underside of the trunk and hood. I've always disliked the super glossy underside of hoods when you're looking at an engine bay.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 12-02-2017, 04:37 PM   #54
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Damn... this car is going to look AMAZING once it's back together!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:18 AM   #55
Unit 02

Unit 02 is an unknown quantity at this point
that thing is gonna be hella nice
Unit 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:45 PM   #56
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Managed to fully assemble one of the doors.

Haven't added sound deadening to the door just yet, but will be doing that pretty soon.

New rubber moldings and window trim.

S15 was long overdue for some fab work. Had a local swing by and take the car over to his place to finally weld in door bars.

Aiming to have the S14 fully reassembled within the next month or so. Some interior trim panels are going to be dropped off at a local upholstery shop for a custom finish. Wanted to set the interior apart from the usual S-chassis / Bride door panel inserts.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 12-07-2017, 07:55 PM   #57
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Finished assembling both doors, installing all new trim, rubber moldings, etc.

Should have the subframe and crossmember off by tomorrow to start prepping the underbody for undercoat.

Front fenders and hood haven't been aligned yet. Just mocked up for now until my new hardware comes in.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 12-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #58
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Are the window mouldings/trim still readily available?
Old 12-07-2017, 08:00 PM   #59
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Are the window mouldings/trim still readily available?
Fortunately, yes. I don't know for how long though.

I just recently ordered them through Juan / Bardabe at Fontana Nissan.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 12-08-2017, 07:58 AM   #60
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Man, I really like the matte clear on the hood. That's a cool idea. Replicates the factory look well.

What you are doing right now is exactly what I want to do... I just can't afford it, LOL. One of these days... looks like so much fun!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote