Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 05:02 AM   #61
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
MightyMouse13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2017/18 NBA Thread

^^^

Lolololol this is why I love Knicks fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2017, 06:52 AM   #62
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Mom finished my new throw last week, just as this woman moved into my house and forces me to actually stick to a consistent decoration/color scheme.

I will mount it in my own room when we move to a bigger house.

And I write too!
Old 10-17-2017, 09:17 AM   #63
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Tonight is the night
and I am all over it already:
NBA Tip-Off post

And I write too!
Old 10-17-2017, 10:20 AM   #64
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
My first year doing fantasy basketball and its already stressing me out.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #65
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

I've done fantasy basketball a few times. Every time I do great for about a month or two, then start forgetting to update lineups and it completely falls apart

Old 10-17-2017, 11:13 AM   #66
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Fuck
Fantasy
Sports

I refuse to let a pretend version of a sport ruin my enjoyment of the real thing.

And I write too!
Old 10-18-2017, 07:38 AM   #67
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

And with that Gordon Hayward break, we can basically move Boston down a couple of spots in the East.
That shit was gruesome. Not Shaun Livingston gruesome, but gruesome, his leg was all pointing the wrong way and shit.

And I write too!
Old 10-18-2017, 07:47 AM   #68
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
And with that Gordon Hayward break, we can basically move Boston down a couple of spots in the East.
That shit was gruesome. Not Shaun Livingston gruesome, but gruesome, his leg was all pointing the wrong way and shit.
Yeh speaking of Gordon Hayward and fantasy fantasy sports.... Guess who has him on their fantasy team

Seeing the Warriors lose by fingertip was nice though

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2017, 01:03 PM   #69
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Hopefully Gordon Hayward can recover like Paul George and play at a high level. He's pretty young and I think he is still capable of improving himself as a player even more (not like Dwight Howard who was pretty good but never reached his ceiling, wasted his gifts, and is too old now).

Some will say he should be happy if it's not a career ending injury, but I feel it would still be a dissapointment even if he came back into a Shaun Livingston type scenario as a solid starter or bench rotation player after this tragic freak injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:05 PM   #70
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
Hopefully Gordon Hayward can recover like Paul George and play at a high level. He's pretty young and I think he is still capable of improving himself as a player even more (not like Dwight Howard who was pretty good but never reached his ceiling, wasted his gifts, and is too old now).

Some will say he should be happy if it's not a career ending injury, but I feel it would still be a dissapointment even if he came back into a Shaun Livingston type scenario as a solid starter or bench rotation player after this tragic freak injury.
I don't agree that Dwight Howard is "too old," he has until about 33-34ish in my opinion to prove himself to not be a fucking bum.
HOWEVER
Nothing he has done prior to now has shown me that he has the mind or physical abilities to do that.

And I write too!
Old 10-18-2017, 03:24 PM   #71
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Too old to me now.. but maybe my expectations for him were too high. He's in his early 30s and essentially being traded for cap space. Peak Dwight was when he was in the 2009 Finals and he should have built on that, but he's regressed every year since joining the Lakers and can't bank on his fading athleticism anymore.

Even if he can improve in the next few years, it will not leave him much time to be serviceable anymore. He'll be like old man LaMarcus Aldridge who can maybe help for another couple of years and be on his way out. He was built like a tank and could jump over buildings but he choose to be a clown instead and was never serious about getting better.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2017, 06:52 PM   #72
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

My issue is that the greats capitalized on cunning in their later years. 2 years ago would have been the time for him to learn some real footwork and a 16-footer.
He did neither and now will spend the rest of his career as a "what ever happened to..."

And I write too!
Old 10-18-2017, 09:26 PM   #73
FRpilot
Post Whore!

I can't picture Dwight with a jumpshot, but I could have seen him developing an inside game with an arsenal of post up moves, footwork, fakes, baby hooks, bank shots, and finesse and power moves. Not as good as Shaq, but similar. Not even sure if it can work in today's game with skilled skinny big men like KAT and Anthony Davis and their all around games dribbling like guards all over the place, posting up, mid range, and 3pt range but if big body like Cousins can do it Dwight probably had a good chance too.

Like Amare Stoudemire, Dwight tried going to Hakeem when it was too late in his career (plus what is a weekend with Hakeem really going to accomplish? Hakeem can only show you the way but you have to put in the time.) You should start developing this stuff in your 2nd, 3rd, 4th year in the league and perfecting it as your career goes on, not start in your 6th, 7th, 8th year...

Quote:
Old 10-19-2017, 02:44 PM   #74
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

And now Jeremy Lin is out for the year
This is fucking crazy

And I write too!
Old 10-19-2017, 03:06 PM   #75
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

The irony with Dwight is when he was coming out of high school, he wasn't billed as the next great true center. The comparison he drew the most was Kevin Garnett, then got in the league and developed in a completely different direction.

As far as the timing of trying to go in a more skill-driven direction, you do have to take into account the climate of the league then vs now. When he came in, they weren't playing this "positionless basketball" stuff anywhere. The role of the "elite center" was pretty much as a shot blocker who could catch and finish lobs. Not saying he shouldn't have gone that way earlier, but i doubt people in his corner were advising him to do that like people are now with all the bigs.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:09 PM   #76
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Didn't catch the news last night. Doesn't seem like JLin's injury was as gruesome as Hayward's. Tough luck for JLin after being injured most of last year. Was really hoping to see if he could carry over what he did in Charlotte to Brooklyn this year, but at this rate, looks like his 3 yr contract with Brooklyn will be over before he even gets a chance.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2017, 07:32 PM   #77
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouse13 View Post
i doubt people in his corner were advising him to do that like people are now with all the bigs.
Did you read his SI feature a couple weeks ago? The problem with his "corner" is that he was his own corner and had never grown up

And I write too!
Old 10-19-2017, 08:01 PM   #78
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Interesting. I want to read that SI feature now just to see how Dwight's mind works.
I'm expecting him to say something like I believe and still do that I'm better than I am, but not given the chance. And also something to the effect of Fuck Stan Van Gundy and all the other coaches who didn't give me the ball or believe I can do more than rebound and block shots.

When Charles Barkley caught him off guard and asked him live on the air "Why don't people like you?" I felt that Dwight actually responded sincerely (but also sort of not telling us everything).

Quote:
Old 10-19-2017, 08:36 PM   #79
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Did you read his SI feature a couple weeks ago? The problem with his "corner" is that he was his own corner and had never grown up

I could've guessed that without an SI article. I was just pointing out that the developmental paths of amare and him are definitely not 1:1 comparisons with the guys now since the league was very different for bigs during their early years.

However, his reported refusal to function as a pick n roll big with both Nash and Harden is ridiculous and great evidence of exactly what you're talking about. His numbers could have exploded being the roll man for them if he would just have gotten out of his own way.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:43 PM   #80
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
aaaaaaaaaand that’s the 175th called travel on the night...

Stupid NBA. If they want to call something tighter ‘for the betterment of the game’, they should tell their refs to figure out what a moving screen is.

In the end, the Raptors finally beat the damn Bulls. No Jimmy Buckets, No Problem!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
Old 10-20-2017, 06:09 AM   #81
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
Interesting. I want to read that SI feature now just to see how Dwight's mind works.
I'm expecting him to say something like I believe and still do that I'm better than I am, but not given the chance. And also something to the effect of Fuck Stan Van Gundy and all the other coaches who didn't give me the ball or believe I can do more than rebound and block shots.

When Charles Barkley caught him off guard and asked him live on the air "Why don't people like you?" I felt that Dwight actually responded sincerely (but also sort of not telling us everything).
Read it here:
https://www.si.com/nba/2017/09/19/dw...en-kobe-bryant

And I write too!
Old 11-06-2017, 01:54 PM   #82
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

So we just gon act like the Cavaliers aren't fucking up bad?

And I write too!
Old 11-06-2017, 03:13 PM   #83
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
So we just gon act like the Cavaliers aren't fucking up bad?
I'm milking the moment of the Lakers having a better record right now haha.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:39 PM   #84
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
damn that was intense game.

what's with pg13 shots. its so inconsistent .
Old 12-01-2017, 06:47 PM   #85
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
looks like BSPN attacking melo again.

meanwhile pg13 looks so below average. 40min 2pts wtf. lol this guy is a allstar.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:36 AM   #86
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
looks like BSPN attacking melo again.

meanwhile pg13 looks so below average. 40min 2pts wtf. lol this guy is a allstar.
It all has to do with built up foundation with past performance. Melo has always been known as overrated while PG has always been seen as a real leader/great player. At one point PG was seen as the best 2 way player in the NBA vs Melo just being a black hole. It isn't really fair to Melo but if that team fails it will always be seen as Melo's fault. I've always given Melo a hard time because of how he forced his way to the Knicks while destroying their core. However I agree that Espn isn't very fair to him.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:04 PM   #87
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

praying to the bball gods for better health kp6 + THjr. i'll sacrifice a 2nd rnd playoff this year.

OKC/76er was a great game. love JVG commentating games.

followed by rockets man handling the spurs. that cp3 2nd team is legit. kinda like when calderon took over drose. just better awareness and communication.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:42 PM   #88
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
OKC/76er was a great game. love JVG commentating games.
I am convinced that you're on some SERIOUSLY hard shit. The only thing worse than Van Gundy working a game is Hubie Brown

And I write too!
Old 12-17-2017, 10:10 PM   #89
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
I like JVG too.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:05 PM   #90
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
surprised nobody mentioned anything about Kobe's (2) jersey retirement ..

then again, it'll probably spur (see what I did there?) the GOAT debate Kobe vs Lebron

xquizitditz
Closed Thread