Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:41 AM   #10651
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yes, and the Turbo has a Manual option! Rejoice. It's definitely a looker.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #10652
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Maybe this could spawn a coupe?

Old 09-15-2017, 08:19 AM   #10653
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Wish they would have done something different with the screen. Look like they just jammed a tablet in the dash.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:44 AM   #10654
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
OMG they're killing me with that diamond stitched interior. LOVE IT.

I'm also hoping for a coupe. They're speculating that the coupe's starting price may be around $33k. Got my fingers crossed.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:48 AM   #10655
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
Wish they would have done something different with the screen. Look like they just jammed a tablet in the dash.

I actually like that. That's how my CX9 is. The benefit of it is they can make the dash LOWER, giving you a more open feel. I get into other cars Witt big screens and the dashes seem so high and imposing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
OMG they're killing me with that diamond stitched interior. LOVE IT.

I'm also hoping for a coupe. They're speculating that the coupe's starting price may be around $33k. Got my fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed for sure.

And yeah that diamond stitch is dope. I'm looking forward more car interiors using suit materials like Cadillac used on the Escala concept. It's amazing in person. Im sure it feels even better.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:04 AM   #10656
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^Suit material? I need to check that out.

These 2 look like they're about to heat things up in their market.
What's your take, guys? Got a preference yet?

Edit: Opps... thats the G80, not the G70. Anyways, same question.
G70 vs Stinger GT? Who wins?
Old 09-15-2017, 10:40 AM   #10657
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

Unf
Old 09-15-2017, 11:04 AM   #10658
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Wow. Interesting. I wonder how durable that is...
Old 09-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #10659
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:

These 2 look like they're about to heat things up in their market.
What's your take, guys? Got a preference yet?

Edit: Opps... thats the G80, not the G70. Anyways, same question.
G70 vs Stinger GT? Who wins?

The stinger for me. The g70 looks like Hyundai sat down with a pic of a BMW 4 series and a q50 side by side and then drew the G70. Even its name scheme is borrowed (Q50/60).
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:24 PM   #10660
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Ohhhhh something juicy from the rumor mill. The Celica name is coming back...possibly as the name as the next gen 86???? Interesting. Probably not though. It'll more than likely be another FWD coupe. Which is odd considering that segment is more dead than the sedan market.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/is-toyo...from-the-dead/
Old 09-15-2017, 06:31 PM   #10661
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Make it a gt-4 with a turbo and we'll talk.

lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:33 PM   #10662
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So, Genesis is still Hyundai right? Someone told me it's a different manufacturer now, and I scoffed thinking they didn't know what they were talking about.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:51 PM   #10663
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Hyundai is turning Genesis into its own luxury brand... basically splitting off like Lexus from Toyota, Infiniti from Nissan and Acura from Honda.

KIA is basically Hyundais Scion as well...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:07 AM   #10664
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Hyundai is turning Genesis into its own luxury brand... basically splitting off like Lexus from Toyota, Infiniti from Nissan and Acura from Honda.

KIA is basically Hyundais Scion as well...
I would say Scion. They have $50k cars.

I'd say they're more the Pontiac. They're trying to make that brand more sporty. Genesis is the Luxury autos (Cadillac), and Hyundai is like the Chevy.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #10665
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

http://www.motortrend.com/news/new-m...y-concept/amp/

New rotary incoming!!!!!
Old 09-17-2017, 08:56 PM   #10666
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

MightyMouse13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll believe it when I see it. I will also then buy it when I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MightyMouse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:50 PM   #10667
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

See, there's just no way I'd look at a Model S over the Porsche.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/18/...9-price-style/

The manufacturers are coming for Tesla big time.

Last edited by Future240; 09-19-2017 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: fixed the link
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:25 PM   #10668
simmode1
Post Whore!

Oh! So Porsche greenlit the Mission E?!?! That thing looks amazing.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:40 PM   #10669
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
*yawn*

wake me up when electric cars finally incorporate manual transmissions...

Old 09-19-2017, 02:58 PM   #10670
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
*yawn*

wake me up when electric cars finally incorporate manual transmissions...
Why the hell would they do that? Most electric cars don't even have a transmission.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:32 PM   #10671
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
Why the hell would they do that? Most electric cars don't even have a transmission.
because i LIKE manual transmissions... the only way i will ever buy a car that has an automatic tranny is if by some horrible curse i am no longer able to physically drive a manual based transmission.

until then, auto can suck it... and so can every electric car on the planet!

Old 09-20-2017, 06:51 AM   #10672
altitude
Leaky Injector

altitude is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
automatic tranny
It doesn't get more "automatic" than not having to change gear at all, not even for reverse!

Some concepts have no gear reduction at all, the motor being the wheel hub itself. Holy unsprung weight though!

I will agree on one thing though, with the amount of torque and power some of these cars have, and no way to mechanically decouple the motor(s) from the drivetrain (no clutch, no "neutral"), a Toyota-ish Unintended-Acceleration event could be quite scary.

An industrial type magnetic safety switch should be made mandatory in these vehicles to mechanically disconnect the battery, and a button like this would look badass on the dash

Old 09-20-2017, 08:33 AM   #10673
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Sad sad blasphemous day.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/09/20/...uv-concept-ev/
Old 09-20-2017, 08:42 AM   #10674
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Quote:
because i LIKE manual transmissions... the only way i will ever buy a car that has an automatic tranny is if by some horrible curse i am no longer able to physically drive a manual based transmission.

until then, auto can suck it... and so can every electric car on the planet!
Same here, to an extent, but that's my point, they don't have automatic transmissions either. There are no gear changes. Some have gear reduction, but no 1-2-3-4-etc.

The baseline is the fact that people just don't buy manuals so car makers aren't even designing them anymore. Adding a manual transmission would be ridiculously stupid when people won't buy them and it would add complexity and make the car slower and worse to drive.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:48 AM   #10675
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I heard rumors of this something like 5 years ago. Lets talk about the new s16 while we're at it.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:32 AM   #10676
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
I heard rumors of this something like 5 years ago. Lets talk about the new s16 while we're at it.
Ummmmm, did you read the article? The Evo is going to be a EV CUV. This was announced a few months ago and this is the first day mage of it. It’s debuting next month at the Tokyo auto show.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #10677
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I’ve been on the fence about EVs for years. The Model S never go me excited no matter how bloody fast it is. I’m used to having a Auto now since I’ve had nothing but CUVs for the last 6 years or so. Part of what we all love about cars is entirely missing from an EV experience, and that’s the SOUNDS. G’s are only part of driving a fast car or driving a car fast. The exhaust notes from behind you, the scream from the engine in front (or behind) create a visceral feel like very few things on Earth can.

That’s all going to go away eventually. No matter how much I love the IDX I wouldn’t even be interested in an EV version.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #10678
simmode1
Post Whore!

I, for one, am looking forward to EVs. Maybe we'll have to redefine what makes a car fun for us, but there are too many functional uses for me to ignore the tech. At this point, I feel that I can enjoy an EV as a people mover, while still separately enjoying our combustion engines and manual transmission dinosaurs too.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #10679
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Ummmmm, did you read the article? The Evo is going to be a EV CUV. This was announced a few months ago and this is the first day mage of it. It’s debuting next month at the Tokyo auto show.
No, I didn't, but my recollection still stands. Though now that I think of it, it was supposedly going to become a hybrid rather than full electric.

2011 - https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...ght=evo+hybrid
2009 - https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...ght=evo+hybrid
Old 09-20-2017, 11:15 AM   #10680
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
No, I didn't, but my recollection still stands. Though now that I think of it, it was supposedly going to become a hybrid rather than full electric.

2011 - https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...ght=evo+hybrid
2009 - https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...ght=evo+hybrid
Ok, and I posted about something happening right now. Not sure what the sarcastic “let’s talk about the s16 while we’re at it.” was about.