Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-19-2017, 08:53 AM   #1
dcjodon
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
s14 S14 Rear Subframe L Brackets

Found an older thread about it but it didn't have a ton of info.

Currently in the middle of rebuilding my rear subframe, going to full solid bushings. That said, do I need to retain the L brackets that connect the front-facing end of the subframe to the rocker area? General consensus seems to be they're only really needed when running rubber bushings. Pic for reference:

dcjodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2017, 10:30 AM   #2
Ryosuke Takahashi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Ryosuke Takahashi has a spectacular aura aboutRyosuke Takahashi has a spectacular aura aboutRyosuke Takahashi has a spectacular aura aboutRyosuke Takahashi has a spectacular aura aboutRyosuke Takahashi has a spectacular aura aboutRyosuke Takahashi has a spectacular aura aboutRyosuke Takahashi has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would still run them, its extra bracing so why not. Unless if they don't sit properly with the risers. Did you get the 1/2in PBM risers? Or are you tired of the plastic gas tank and want to remove it all together opening a whole new area of clearance to further raise the subframe.
Ryosuke Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:57 AM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
yeah if you have solids, these are pretty unnecessary
I do highly recommend getting the gktech weld in brace kit
we've been seeing more and more instances where the bracket where the LCA mounts starts to tear away from the subframe

the gktech kit is like $65 and welds on pretty easily

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:16 PM   #4
dcjodon
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryosuke Takahashi View Post
I would still run them, its extra bracing so why not. Unless if they don't sit properly with the risers. Did you get the 1/2in PBM risers? Or are you tired of the plastic gas tank and want to remove it all together opening a whole new area of clearance to further raise the subframe.
One of them is damaged, PO must have tried to jack the car up on the passenger side bracket and it's a little bent up. Wanted to see if was worth replacing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
yeah if you have solids, these are pretty unnecessary
I do highly recommend getting the gktech weld in brace kit
we've been seeing more and more instances where the bracket where the LCA mounts starts to tear away from the subframe

the gktech kit is like $65 and welds on pretty easily
I was looking at that, definitely going to be doing some reinforcement while I have it off the car.
dcjodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:02 PM   #5
Ryosuke Takahashi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Ryosuke Takahashi has a spectacular aura aboutRyosuke Takahashi has a spectacular aura aboutRyosuke Takahashi has a spectacular aura aboutRyosuke Takahashi has a spectacular aura aboutRyosuke Takahashi has a spectacular aura aboutRyosuke Takahashi has a spectacular aura aboutRyosuke Takahashi has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If the brackets weren't damaged, I would save them for a similar autech reinforcement brace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P9lglEfr1M

notice how the autech s14s rear doesn't oversteer in the corners like the red s14 in lap 2.
Ryosuke Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote