Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:21 AM   #10531
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiGurren View Post
Seriously. Crossovers & Hybrids

Have we touched base on the BMW Supra? Thoughts?
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/nzq4y7e/
Yep, many times.

The interior was just caught and it's basically straight from the BMW part bin. Hats not a bad thing since Toyota interiors aren't that great.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:21 PM   #10532
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
The interior was just caught and it's basically straight from the BMW part bin. Hats not a bad thing since Toyota interiors aren't that great.
I like things that aren't that great. Things that aren't that great usually aren't very expensive, yet aren't that bad.
I like 240's
Old 06-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #10533
DaiGurren
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
DaiGurren has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ahh I must of missed, so we know it's basically a BMW Chassis seems pretty small compared to the GTR / NSX.

I saw the interior it does have a taped up Toyota badge on the steering wheel.

4 cylinder and 6 cylinder versions?

I do agree with on the BMW interior, Toyota does have some bland interior options although the FRS / 86 is pretty sweet
DaiGurren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:45 PM   #10534
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Yep, many times.

Didn't realize this thing was a collab car, interesting.

The new 86 interior is pretty solid, but I do have to agree most toyota interiors are cheap.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:12 PM   #10535
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Autonomous cars will probably be the biggest blow to manual cars' future. By 2025 we'll have a lot of autonomous cars on the road but it won't be an all autonomous market by then...

... This shift will be like 2050 or some shit.

Sorry to get political but that's what's going to kill it, kill it.
Wow, did I fucking call it or what?

http://jalopnik.com/automakers-admit...1796103407/amp

40 years. Damn near nail on the head.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #10536
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
If this Supra is going to be as overpriced as the Toyobaru twins, expect to pay like $45-50k for that thing.

That said, those Toyobarus are starting to approach $10k. People are gonna go swap-happy with those cars soon.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:01 PM   #10537
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
ive said at least 30 years minimum

i dont understand how people are SO ready to give up control of vehicles to computer based systems that are NOT stable or reliable by any means! ive been working on computers the majority of my life and as good as computer have gotten, theyre STILL buggy!!! just imagine your car blue screening at freeway speeds and having it shut off in the middle of traffic with no manual controls... what do you do?!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:22 PM   #10538
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
ive said at least 30 years minimum

i dont understand how people are SO ready to give up control of vehicles to computer based systems that are NOT stable or reliable by any means! ive been working on computers the majority of my life and as good as computer have gotten, theyre STILL buggy!!! just imagine your car blue screening at freeway speeds and having it shut off in the middle of traffic with no manual controls... what do you do?!
Computers may not be stable or reliable, but have you seen how many shitty drivers there are lately?
I see people drifting out of their lane (while driving straight, don't get me started on when the lane curves), multiple people making turns from the middle lanes cutting off people in the turning lane, people driving while eating, reading, putting on makeup, shaving, etc.. the list goes on. I can see why people don't want to drive and why some people should not drive.

I hope self driving cars happen sooner than later. I'm sure the self driving cars would be better than these dumb drivers out there.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:22 PM   #10539
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've been in IT for 20 years and now working as a security analyst. The general public's dependency on tech scares the hell out of me. I don't even like cell phones much less a hackable car.

Between phones and all the tech crap distractions on cars now, the answer is more tech and automate the car?
Welcome to the future....
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:12 PM   #10540
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
...The general public's dependency on tech scares the hell out of me....
VERY much agreed sir! weve grown into a society and culture that takes technology for granted where as the 80s and 90s, technology was somewhat highly regard and the people that understood said technology were actually appreciated!

now, no one gives a shit that they basically have a full DESKTOP computer in their hands. they dont understand the sheer power of the tool they carry around in their hand... and people just throw technology away like it never existed for the newest, flashiest, shiny THING to replace it with.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:07 AM   #10541
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I'm all for autonomous cars actually. The fact of the matter is, most people suck at driving. People want an appliance, not the experience of driving. People are more distracted than ever and it's NOT going to become less it's going to become more. Autonomy will solve so many problems. Once full autonomy is reached cars car travel 150mph on the highways. Traffic deaths will be virtually eliminated. Tthey'll end as events like mass shootings where they are relatively rare and unexpected. No more drunk driving where someone makes a bad choice and ends up in jail or worse, killing an innocent family on their way to a Christmas party.

But hey guys, we have 40 years to drive our human piloted cars. Lol
Old 06-15-2017, 06:15 AM   #10542
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I'd prefer fewer stupid people, but that's just a fleeting dream.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:20 AM   #10543
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Quote:
I'm all for autonomous cars actually. The fact of the matter is, most people suck at driving. People want an appliance, not the experience of driving. People are more distracted than ever and it's NOT going to become less it's going to become more. Autonomy will solve so many problems. Once full autonomy is reached cars car travel 150mph on the highways. Traffic deaths will be virtually eliminated. Tthey'll end as events like mass shootings where they are relatively rare and unexpected. No more drunk driving where someone makes a bad choice and ends up in jail or worse, killing an innocent family on their way to a Christmas party.

But hey guys, we have 40 years to drive our human piloted cars. Lol
Ill take freedom thankssssss
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:34 AM   #10544
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Put me first in line.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:36 AM   #10545
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

MightyMouse13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Y'all are picky. I'd be happy if people would just start using their blinker once every 4 lane changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MightyMouse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:38 AM   #10546
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
I'd prefer fewer stupid people, but that's just a fleeting dream.
Unfortunately that's just not realistic. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkicpe View Post
Ill take freedom thankssssss
Trust me, so do I. I'm a Concervative from WI. Lol

Who knows, this may make the race tracks around the world into even more relevant parts of society; places you go to actually drive your car. Hell, maybe they turn into storage facilities for non-autonomous cars. You show up whenever you want and get to take a few laps or whatever.

Who knows. I'm just trying to look at the bright side.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:42 PM   #10547
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Who knows, this may make the race tracks around the world into even more relevant parts of society; places you go to actually drive your car. Hell, maybe they turn into storage facilities for non-autonomous cars. You show up whenever you want and get to take a few laps or whatever.

Who knows. I'm just trying to look at the bright side.
Sign me up for that shit, I'd love to be able to leave my car somewhere and when I wanted to drive just head over to the track. Just take fuel, basic tools and enjoy the day without the hassle of transporting it to the track.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:19 AM   #10548
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

FormulaDz92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I've been in IT for 20 years and now working as a security analyst. The general public's dependency on tech scares the hell out of me. I don't even like cell phones much less a hackable car.

Between phones and all the tech crap distractions on cars now, the answer is more tech and automate the car?
Welcome to the future....
This future may suck, but unfortunately due to people's lack of respect for other motorists and putting sending a text higher on their priority list that piloting a 1+ ton machine at 70 mph its the future than many people deserve...
FormulaDz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:10 AM   #10549
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Another serious notch on the Camaro's belt.

http://jalopnik.com/the-2018-camaro-...ual-1796330479

I wonder if Toyota is worried about how the Supra is going to stack up against cars like this.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:18 PM   #10550
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

AN AWESOME WIN FOR MANUALS!!!! suck a dick dual clutch gear box!

Old 06-22-2017, 01:20 PM   #10551
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Another serious notch on the Camaro's belt.

http://jalopnik.com/the-2018-camaro-...ual-1796330479

I wonder if Toyota is worried about how the Supra is going to stack up against cars like this.
Awesome to hear. American cars have been kicking ass lately!
Old 06-22-2017, 02:25 PM   #10552
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Damn that's faster than the last-gen Vette ZR1 (7:19). Impressive.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:12 PM   #10553
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I'd assume if the Camaro had the looks (and outward visibility) of the Mustang you guys would be all over the Camaro.

Here's to a great redesign!
Old 06-22-2017, 06:37 PM   #10554
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Yup. I like the looks of the stang, but the camaro is the better performer.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:41 PM   #10555
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i REALLY hate to bring it up, but it seems theres a lot buzz in Japan right now about Nissan showing a Silvia successor at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show... Search for the below and have your browser translate the results...

日産のシルビア級FRのスク

this seems to the associated image with a few articles...

Old 06-22-2017, 09:46 PM   #10556
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

I really do not like Nissan's grill design. Makes all their cars look alike. Seems like all manufacturers do this though.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:13 AM   #10557
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
I really do not like Nissan's grill design. Makes all their cars look alike. Seems like all manufacturers do this though.
Yeah everyone has their design language. Nissans is one of the worst right now though. Mazda is a good example of getting it right. They all have very similar front ends but the details and proportions make it easy to distinguish the cars.

That render doesn't fly with me. Nissan debuted the Vmorion 2.0 concept last year and clearly said that was the design language going forward.

That Silvia render doesn't have enough grill.

I'm also skeptical that they'd be debuting a Silvia with a Z realistically coming down the pipeline in the next 18 months. They'd really be foolish not to follow the Mustang/Camaro formula and just offer multiile engines in the Z instead of two different models.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:55 AM   #10558
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

Crazy idea but they could make "SX" a trim level for the new Z. For example the Z-SX would have a smaller turbo engine while the full on Z could rock the NA 6. On the other hand, if they are considering something that isn't a 6 cylinder it seems stupid to call it a Z. If that is the case they should just call it the ___SX or S16 Silvia.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:23 AM   #10559
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

I'm one of the few who wants a 2+2 z, instead of having to get a $40k+ Infiniti q60 with no manual option.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:16 AM   #10560
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaDz92 View Post
Crazy idea but they could make "SX" a trim level for the new Z. For example the Z-SX would have a smaller turbo engine while the full on Z could rock the NA 6. On the other hand, if they are considering something that isn't a 6 cylinder it seems stupid to call it a Z. If that is the case they should just call it the ___SX or S16 Silvia.
That's what I was referring to as the model the Camaro/Mustang follow. Same car, different trims and engines.

Quote:
I'm one of the few who wants a 2+2 z, instead of having to get a $40k+ Infiniti q60 with no manual option.
I agree it has to be a 2+2.

They could however have a ACTUAL NISMO model that is a legit hardcore 2 seater, manual with the TTV6.