Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #31
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by David48 View Post
Because you can just open a power rack and depower it to be just like a manual rack all on your own.
Mine is already de-powered so, but I would still very much enjoy a plug-and-play manual rack with some fancy quick ratio and extra long travel.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #32
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Why is there not a manual steering rack for the S-chassis yet?
There are so many other silly niche parts no one buys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Mine is already de-powered so, but I would still very much enjoy a plug-and-play manual rack with some fancy quick ratio and extra long travel.
the ratio is the difference between a manual rack and power rack, as they require less effort to turn.

once you open the ports & drain the fluid -the internal seals add very little resistance.

im running a hicas rack in manual mode, we'll see how thats going to work out. should be fine.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #33
alexg103

Trader Rating: (0)
alexg103 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just so everyone know draining the fluid is not the same thing as a mauel rack cars with a true manual rack I'd geared different designed to be easier to turn and not beed the assist...yes still harder but a oe car with ps rack drained and a oe car with a manual rack will not feel the same
alexg103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #34
Shift n Drift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Shift n Drift has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
its not hard if you learn to throttle steer...
Shift n Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #35
ShakotanGazelle
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ShakotanGazelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I've never had a problem drifting without PS in my S12 or in my RX8, and I'm not a big guy either ~115lbs.

Maybe I'll fix my PS and give it a try.
ShakotanGazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #36
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
1 year bump?

only to be reminded of how much cock most drivers suck, complaining about not being able to drive a car w/o PS

pussies
Old 04-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #37
ShakotanGazelle
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ShakotanGazelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^QFT.

msglngth
ShakotanGazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #38
Shift n Drift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Shift n Drift has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
What is wrong with the people saying 1 year bump? Back from the dead?... Would you rather a new thread open about the same thing? Thought not... So shut your mouth or reply to the thread, stop trying to get your posts up by typing nonsense... Smh
Shift n Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #39
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift n Drift View Post
What is wrong with the people saying 1 year bump? Back from the dead?... Would you rather a new thread open about the same thing? Thought not... So shut your mouth or reply to the thread, stop trying to get your posts up by typing nonsense... Smh
I think Mike is probably the last person on Zilvia to be trying to get his post count up..

On topic, drifting without PS isnt that bad.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #40
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It's an unneccesary PITA for no reason. Nobody's arguing whether or not it's doable. It's like the difference between buying a chick a bunch of drinks, or taking her on a sober date where she talks to you for a sh1tton of hours. Either will get you the boo-tay, but which is the path of least resistance?
Old 04-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #41
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
It's an unneccesary PITA for no reason. Nobody's arguing whether or not it's doable. It's like the difference between buying a chick a bunch of drinks, or taking her on a sober date where she talks to you for a sh1tton of hours. Either will get you the boo-tay, but which is the path of least resistance?
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow
Old 04-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #42
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

Sig worthy response

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #43
NotLowEnough
Zilvia Member

NotLowEnough is an unknown quantity at this point
i had mine depowered for a while and it is not too bad on gravel or if you are on dirt or something. i have tried to initiate a drift with my ebrake and it was almost impossible and im a pretty strong guy. i moved to power steering and i can promise you, it is worth EVERY PENNY you will spend for the parts you need.
NotLowEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #44
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

Yeah. I guess that's a reasonable assumption to make from an obvious analogy.