Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
sil80d
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
sil80d is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
K rail taps at 60 aka the missl80

challange get back to the track under 2000 dollars
the shell, 92 hatch back. price 80 dollars cash, 1 hicas rear sway bar and a dohc power steering high pressure line.
the condition it was in, no doors no frontend except headlites (1 of which got smash while pushing it, we hit a telephone pole) limited interior. good engine mounts and dohc power steering lines. while cleaning it out today found a momo wheel with a detachable hub, a set of psp headphones, dohc hud cluster clocking 98000 miles and a bottle of gear oil.
got the complete doors for 60 dollars at a local u pull it yard, included door shells all the manual window parts (including limo tinted windows and panisonic 3 ways)
free silvia hood and hood pins (thanks joe h)
passanger silvia fender 20.00
free drivers silvia fender thanks to dave and the dump truck
free sparco set and rails thanks to patrick
tail lights free

stuff that i forgot to add
s14 5lug front with z32 calipers that have been sitting in my garage for ever, complete z32 rear hub and brake set up
free set of ksports
walbro 255 pump that i have had forever
turbo ka running a s14 t28 and 650cc rc's z32 mafs
so the story goes... couple of weeks after i got the first missl80 i started to work on it. went to jack it up and CRUNCH. a foot and a half of frame rail broke off and was laying on the ground. fucken minnesota cars. so i had a choice try to reinforce a rusted to shit shell or scrap it and start again... 800 bucks for a cleanish shell with a cage. fuck yea

no rust, caged, lots of extras.... krail clips at 60 here i come
first off while pushing it into the garage on friday afternoon, there was a misshap, i pushed it into the wooden shelves in the garage and some stuff fell on it

sort overview of the car the way it started. ditched the chucki front. i only run silvia fronts. no wiring harnesses, gauge cluster, seats, and came with stock suspension and steelies.

started by cleaning it out. i love getting new 240's searching behind the rear wheel wells is like a grab bag. in this one i found 3 jars of baby food, the only one that still had a llegable label said best used by march 1995. an indiana state quater (good omen, has a race car on it). 6 inches of fuel line. 3 chassis bolts, a brake hase clip and a ka exhaust crush gasket. a tire reciept. and an ignition trim peice!!!

started out by stripping the rear suspension parts the would be replace.bye bye brakes, struts, ucas, and toe rods

traded kbanks an uncracked dash for a zeniki lip, no name adjustable rucas, and adjustable toe rods. had a spare set of z32 rear calipers and ebrake components setting around the garage, as well as z32 rear 5 lug.

buy a set of k sports from nate a while back for 300.00. they are on there
a while ago jeremy needed a set of 4lug spindles, so i gave hin the ones that came with the car. i was just rolling it in and out of the garage with s14 5lug hubs and spindle sitting on s13 lcas. but that all had to go. i replaced them with s14 lcas and new ball joints. efrian and claire that it would be funny to paint them to look like someone threwup on them

topped the front end of the car off with a the z32 front brakes that were on the sileighty.and some no name tension rods

tomorrow pics of the motor and the mount set. overall the goal isto be on the track for less than 2800.00
1 first shell. 40 dollars and a dohc power steering line. plus 40 dollars for a tow dolly
2 parts sold from that shell. cluster 125, steering wheel 40.00
3 this shell 800.00
4 z32 rears 75 bucks
5 coilover 300
6 fenders sold 40.00
running total 1015.00
tomorrow i will detail the motor, steering, fmic and the seats
got home from work late and it is cool in the garage. wiring harnesses will be in stalled tomorrow as well as the motor. as promised a teaser of what is to come.
sparco seat and seat rail free thanks patrick

history on the motor. free short block from kelly. oem rebuild kit, bearings and rings from brett, 200. turbo, mainfold, fuel rail, 650cc rc's, romtuned ecu and down pipe of the sileighty. random parts from patrick, joe haven and abe 500.00. help from efrian rebuilding it priceless.

so far 1015.00 +700.00 =1715.00
sr trans from pete 100.00
total 1815.00
got all my power steering junk in line now. going to run the suspicious garage high pressure line. yes that is a coors can. all welding done by adam at street and strip concepts.

lower pressure side is going to use a z31 oil cooler modified with "baller bolts" -8 aluminum weld on males and -8 90 degree fittings. also a -8 steel weld on for the rack conection and the conection to the resivour. both again using -8 90 degree fittings.

the dogs helped take pictures(both rip)

alittle bit of drilling and a couple nuts and bolts that were sitting in my ash tray. and we have power steering cooler!!!!

so there have been a few changes to the missl80. but with gerald and claires help today it went from a shell to a running sort of driving car.
the motor was in but i pulled it to install a trans spacer plate, t28 turbo and the starter.

once back in we installed the mid mount ic set up from georges old sil8ty

after a quick trip to the local parts store for vacuum line and random stuff...
it came to like and drove. all of 40 feet from our garage to the fromt of our house. it need to be tuned really badly. also the alternator is seized.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
sil80d
Zilvia Addict

(sorry for the second post. there are a lot of pics)

still have some wiring to do and install some interior parts. also need to bug scott for his trailer again to take it over to efrains to tune it. this coming week i will finish the wiring, and the battery relocation.
most of the frontend is on. gerald has my corner lamps so i cant install those yet. but tomorrow i will start extending the wiring for the head lamps and the corner lamps. it is coming.... can you feel it?

more parts added yes the drivers fender is a chuki fender modified to work with a mangaled silvia front

running and tuned all the corner lamps working and racing hart wheels up front and volks in the rear
hold on to your pants girls sexyness is coming...
we lowered it an inch and a half in the rear, and added my old wheels that i bought back cheap

the left corner lamp didnt fit with the chuki fender, but that was fixed with some tin snips

now for the sexyness nsfh (not safe for heterosexuals)

so i have gotten really tired of every cop on the planet following me around. so this is what you get when you add a weekend, 15 spray cans of paint, 24 beers and a trip to kinkos. prepare to hate

i failed. after replacing the ksports that were on it with kei office, i am at about 3500
Old 02-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
PerilousActs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
PerilousActs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Bump for police interceptor badge!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
Couped_up'd
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (47)
Couped_up'd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
That is a pretty cool build!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #5
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
cars like this should be destroyed

immediately
Old 02-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
zaneithan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
zaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
cars like this should be destroyed

immediately
QFT the whole missile trend needs to end.

1993 240sx fastback (wrecked)
1991 240sx SE fastback Daily Driver status
1992 240sx fastback (???)
1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 Coupe (sold)
Old 02-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #7
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
That car looks like complete dickhead.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #8
KAs14slider
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KAs14slider is making a name for him/her selfKAs14slider is making a name for him/her selfKAs14slider is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
No, the missile trend doesn't need to end. It never really begun. I have yet to see one person in the U.S. have a true missile car and use it what it was intended for. People buy a p.o.s. 240 with some body damage and say they have a missile car.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #9
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I'm fine with cars "tapping" K-rails.

When you use your lack of skill as an excuse to back the car into the K-rail at 60 is when it gets stupid.

Hopefully this won't turn into that.

Since you are trying to do everything on the ultra-cheap, I doubt it.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
gzer750
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
gzer750 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
looks like that guy's car.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #11
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
like someone else said kind of..."missles" in america are broke ass dudes building SHITTY ass 240's and claiming them as missles so they have an excuse to drive said pos. unless you have a BALLIN alternate sitting in ones garage, guess what...it's not a missle, just your piece of shit 240.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #12
HPballer76
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
HPballer76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
like someone else said kind of..."missles" in america are broke ass dudes building SHITTY ass 240's and claiming them as missles so they have an excuse to drive said pos. unless you have a BALLIN alternate sitting in ones garage, guess what...it's not a missle, just your piece of shit 240.
QFT. thats getting added to my sig haha
Old 03-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #13
sil80d
Zilvia Addict

so much hate
Old 03-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #14
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Interested to see what you do with this haha, props on the cheap build, it looks better than my car for half the money.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #15
AGNT84
Zilvia Member

AGNT84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
guess what...it's not a missle, just your piece of shit 240.
hahahahah

missle

paint job is pretty cool....
Old 03-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #16
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
yeah so i see no k-rail taps and that car is terrible
Old 03-02-2011, 12:17 AM   #17
sr20sean
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
sr20sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sr20sean
i see what appears to be a blue mustang could be/probably wrong i only looked quick, an mk2 celica supra, a pretty clean coupe with a silvia front end, a datsun b210?(again probably wrong just quick look) and who knows whats under the tarp

point is build the car who gives a shit if you crash it you still have something else to drive

main point in spraypaint and cheap parts you dont care if they get damaged cause you can easily repaint it or replace whatever ebay part you have on there.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #18
joel.e.krueger
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
joel.e.krueger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just cuz he has other cars doesn't make this one cool. Also, who builds a car specifically to be a missile? I mean I can understand track car and being ok with it getting beat on, scratched, dented etc. But declaring this a missile so soon without it looking like its ever even been on a track is something else.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #19
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
^on this guys note, just because some dudes on Zilvia don't like it doesn't mean shit either.

This isn't a missile car IMO, it is just a budget track build.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #20
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
A guy i knew had a police interceptor badge on his truck, and someone wrote fuck the police on his bumper.

It was hilarious
Old 03-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #21
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
why 415 sticker?
Old 03-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #22
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
:/

not feelin it.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #23
FantasticVoyages
Leaky Injector

FantasticVoyages is an unknown quantity at this point
Once every panel is smashed out it will officially be a missle.

Right now it's just a grenade.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #24
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
this car, is a winner but stock body beats shark face all day.

( lol 4 grenades )
Old 03-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #25
sil80d
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow40sx View Post
yeah so i see no k-rail taps and that car is terrible
this is true. i built the car last year while i sat at home with my dogs. one was ill and it was only a matter of time till we had to have her put down. i never took it to a track event cause that was time that i could spend with her. she died just before new years and my other right after new years. the last couple of months i really havent been into it. but as time has gone by i am really wanting to drive it. there arent many events in phx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20sean View Post
i see what appears to be a blue mustang could be/probably wrong i only looked quick, an mk2 celica supra, a pretty clean coupe with a silvia front end, a datsun b210?(again probably wrong just quick look) and who knows whats under the tarp
yes there is an mk2 supra and there was a mk1 supra. no blue mustang, other than the supras we have my sileighty, my wifes silvia, my silvia my leopard and my wifes crown

point is build the car who gives a shit if you crash it you still have something else to drive

main point in spraypaint and cheap parts you dont care if they get damaged cause you can easily repaint it or replace whatever ebay part you have on there.
yes there is an mk2 supra and there was a mk1 supra. no blue mustang, other than the supras we have my sileighty, my wifes silvia, my silvia my leopard and my wifes crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel.e.krueger View Post
Just cuz he has other cars doesn't make this one cool. Also, who builds a car specifically to be a missile? I mean I can understand track car and being ok with it getting beat on, scratched, dented etc. But declaring this a missile so soon without it looking like its ever even been on a track is something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
why 415 sticker?
that was the grid number of the previous owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticVoyages View Post
Once every panel is smashed out it will officially be a missle.

Right now it's just a grenade.

this is coming
Old 03-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #26
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
I was with you till the tiger shark paint scheme, you also sound like you want to destroy this car on purpose and for that I commend you.

Please do it fast.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #27
hypercrush
Zilvia Junkie

hypercrush is an unknown quantity at this point
funny stuff in here
Old 03-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #28
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Should've just went with one color for the exterior... Or two-tone if you want. But that little face thing on the side... not feeling it.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #29
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Are you not embarrassed to be seen in this car?
Old 03-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #30
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Action pics.

Or failsauce sandwiches for you
Closed Thread