View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 10:17 AM   #4
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Well while I'm here I might as well update this.

So we left off at getting the short block assembled which was relatively uneventful mainly because it's probably one of the cheaper parts of the engine. I spent far more time and money on the cylinder head which really slowed things down due to having a 40 hour a week job for the first time in my life and also not making the best money.

The build out on the head I ended up going with was relatively simple,

- Port & Polish w/ 87mm Combustion Chamber
- BC Single Springs & Retainers
- Tomei 270 Hydraulic Camshafts
- Dual Rocker Guides
- Stock Valves
- Multi Angle Valve Job

Now, remember that part about me not making great money at this point in my life? Well that's evident in the cylinder head work. All of the porting and combustion chamber work is hand done by myself at home, the valve job was done on my valve machine from the 1940's, and the dual guides were done by hand on my bench grinder. If I would've had the money I absolutely would've chosen to pay to have all of this done because it really is worth it. I know that this head won't perform as well as it could and I wish I could go back and change that but life is life.

While I was waiting on myself to make enough money to finish the long block the short block got the timing components bolted on and the head some other little odds and ends trying to keep busy and not let the project sit.

Around this time is when Andie start staying at my house so trying to explain to your relatively new girlfriend why you keep an engine in your bed room is hard. None the less she finally kinda got used to it and we're still together so I guess it doesn't bother her too much, she even let's me occasionally use her for my portfolio work so that's a plus!

Well time for lunch again, next update will be on long block assembly and my various turbo set ups that I was trying to decide between.