View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #10
majgoldfish

Trader Rating: (5)
majgoldfish is an unknown quantity at this point
No worries at all. I do not have a sunroof, and my car is not an SE. I have a 1995 OBD1 car, not sure what the overall differences are either.

Once I get the car running, the OEM keyless is something I definitely want to get setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firejackal View Post
Sorry for the late reply majgoldfish.
It's pretty much down except for a few minor issues. I've been using it about every day.

The base doesn't have the sunroof right? I'm unsure what's different with your base compared to my SE. I thought it was the wheel pattern and sunroof. I'd like to have a non sunroof model.

A few issues I have with the system right now.
* Distance: distance to use the unlock/lock feature varies with me using the radio section of the rear window as the antenna. Sometimes I can be 10 feet from the car, other times 5 feet.
* Interior lamp doesn't seem to fuction correctly. It will flicker twice when unlocked. I assume the interior lights is suppose to stay on for a fixed amount of time.

I'll have to calculate costs. But the amount of work between the OEM system and an aftermarket system is probably going to the same.

I haven't touched the alarm section yet, but I'd like to get an alarm speaker to chirp with locking.

I've been really busy with work I haven't had time to update my first post.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
majgoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote