View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ashtonroche is an unknown quantity at this point
800+whp 92 Sentra SE-R build!!

Some of you on here know my car and the setups its been through but i figured I would share whats in the works for 2012. Im currently in Afghanistan as a Contractor so ill update as I can. Trying to have everything ready for me when I get back so assembly will go quick and be painless.

New setup in the works and the status of each item and a picture if applicable:

The car is my 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R that ive owned since May 2007, originally 2 owner rust free in White. I later painted it an Abyss Blue Pearl from an 05 Acura TL. Beautiful color. Its been through a lot of setups over the years but non will amount to what I have in the works. You can search past threads if you want to know more about past setups and 1/4 mile times and so on. Ashtonsser is my user name on Youtube as well w/ plenty of vids there.
On to the setup:
SR20VE sleeved and stepped block by mazworx and also drilled and tapped for their 1/2" headstuds : Block dissasembled, cleaned, packaged, and being shipped to mazworx

SR20VE head w/ Supertech 130 lb seat pressure springs and Titanium retainers, port matched and polished on both the intake and exhaust side to match the manifolds, and using SR16VE N1 cams and CS cam gears set to 0,0 to start, head will be resurfaced for a smooth flat surface and machined to fit the 1/2" studs: Ve head is off and currently untouched. S&R's and headstuds will be coming with the block and the cams I already have.

SR20VE oil pump decked with block: currently on its way with the block to Mazworx
SR20DE 8CW crank micro polished: Currently ready for drop in
SR20DET GTI-R Main bolts: Need to order from Greg V
ACL Race 5 hole main bearings and standard rod bearings: Coming with the motor from Mazworx
SR20DE girdle and pans: Currently have and waiting for use
SR20VE CP 86mm 9:1 pistons w/ upgraded tool steel wrist pins and Manley Turbo Tuff Rods: Ordering from Poor-boys-parts online
SR20VET metal headgasket: Ordering from Greg V
BMC Race custom intake manifold w/ 3L plenum, Q45 TB flange, setup for B16 fuel rail and ID2000 Injectors: Currently painted, prepped, and ready to go

ID2000 injectors for B-series motor: Ordering from Locash Racing
Golden Eagle B series fuel rail in Gold: Currently have and ready to go:
Custom Topmount Turbo manifold: Currently have and needs to have flange switched to a T4

Precision 6766, T4 .81 housing: Currently undecided where im ordering from...Chapnutz1, hook it up. lol.
Tial 38mm wastegate: Currently have
Mezier Electric water pump and blockoff plate: Currently have
Honda civic 3 core radiator w/ Flexalite 1250 cfm slim fan: currently have
Massive SRT4 intercooler 32X12X4 w/ custom v-band inlet and outlet: Ordering off ebay

Tial Q 50mm BOV in Black: Undecided where im ordering it from
04 Se-r Spec V HLSD 6 speed transmission mated to a P12 bellhousing: currently have and Im going to paint it in a wrinkle black.

Competition Clutch custom 6 speed swap Twin Disk setup: currently have

Spec V axles w/ Custom 4X100 b15 hubs mated to b13 knuckles: need to have knuckles machined for b15 bearings.
Sumped stock fuel tank: Ordering sump online and having local shop weld to stock fuel tank.
Weldon 1100-A fuel pump w/ Weldon filters: Ordering online
-8 fuel feed line w/ custom 1/2" hardline to front and -6 return to stock fuel feed line: currently done and on the car
Weldon 0-200 fuel pressure regulator: currently have the correct one from Weldon

Mazworx 6 speed swap mount kit: currently have
AEM EMS and AEM Twinfire CDI box mounted on a custom electronics plate w/ vvl activation relay, ECCS relay, and other associated connectors from gauge wiring to be tied in with the EMS and harness: Currently finished awaiting install
Custom Mil-Spec harness assembled and done by me using Chase Bays Connector Kit: Currently finished awaiting injector clips and install into the car

Electronics include AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM fuel pressure gauge, Autometer Electronic Oil pressure gauge: currently have all awaiting to install
Custom Up-pipe exiting the Evo 8 Hood vent

Custom cooling plate/upper radiator mount: currently have

Suspension consists of K-sport coilovers w/ preloaded rears set to full stiff dampening and no preload on the fronts at half dampening, ES bushings all the way around, and new ball joints and tie rods: Currently done and on the car
Seats are Recaro Evo 8 seats in blue: waiting to get them from my buddy
10 pt chromoly cage and parachute mount: Gonna be done by Turbo Elements in San Antonio, TX after the new year along with window net, parachute, and release lever and cable. Cage will be certified ready down to 8.50 et's
Interior will remain w/ all door panels, carpet, and dash to compete in True Street category.
Some misc stuff to order from Greg V: new axles seals for the trans, Q45 throttle body w/ pigtail, Misc gaskets and T4 turbo flange.
The engine bay theme will be Matte black w/ Bronze accents.
Wheels: Racing Hart Cybers done up in Bronze w/ Matte Black Lips, 235/60/15 BFG's on the front, 205/50/15 Falkens on the rear
Drag wheels: Weld Racing 13" wheels done in bronze centers w/ Matte black lips w/ M/T 24.5X9X13 slicks basicly brand new mounted w/ Bead lock screws installed: All wheels are currently finished

Currently in the works is an Exospeed 3 piece wide drag front end that will be painted the Abyss Blue Pearl 05 Acura TL color to match the car
CF trunk, lightweight version: currently on the car

Ill try and keep this section updated as well to make it easier since there are usually a lot of posts between updates. Eliminates having to search for pictures.
The Tuning of the car while I usually do all the tuning and work myself and since my last setup Ive learned alot about the AEM and all the functions of it and how to use them but Im no pro. With the Goals of 800+whp at hand I decided to have the hands of one of the best AEM tuners in the country go to work on it, That man is Tony Palo from T1 Race Development in Texas. Having one of the fastest FWD imports in the country the guy knows his stuff and is the perfect guy for the job. I will be overlooking and hopefully working right along with him on the tune to learn even more but it will be primarily in his hands.

Some pics and vids of my last setup which was the t67 h.o. C2 cams, 35psi of boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aLy3o6rwgU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmu43b34khI

Here is one of the 6 runs at the track, had slick pressure at 10psi and two step too low, 2.0 60ft and bog, spin bog spin bog spin every gear, wasted a lot of time. I later raised the two step 400rpm higher and lowered the slick pressure to 8psi and pulled a 1.61 60ft but thats when i had problems with the fuel pressure dumping and went lean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zlI1O1gkDE

Pics of the car with the wheels on getting ready for the move to Texas.

Enjoy.
ashtonroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links