View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 11:28 AM   #5
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Continued Stripping the interior. The plan is to build a car inspired by the Porsche 911 RS or Honda Integra/NSX Type-R. Minimalistic interior, weight savings but still making it an enjoyable street car.

Lots of guys in the Z16A community argue against weight savings. They feel the car is a "GT Touring Car" and to leave all the creature comforts along. I plan to delete just about everything. The Electronic Suspension, the Active Aero, the Airbags, ABS, so forth. Not just delete them, but remove the wiring, brackets and all.

Rear seats are a great example, Yes, the cushions only weight maybe 20lbs, but toss in the buckles, belts, mounts, and brackets and your well over 50lbs.

All this, gone - I may even cut out the pan and rivet in a sheet of aluminum like many DSM guys.

Up front, installed my RAID steering wheel. Authentic Italian unit with a very strong Porsche historical connection. You can still find some NOS on eBay every now and then.

SRS Wiring, it's all coming out.

This picture earlier, that silver box is the SRS module, not the ECU and it's not light.

I really like the dash design.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote