View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #25
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerilousActs View Post
Where is everyone sourcing their P12 heads at? I've seen very few places with them.
Talk to Mazworx or Raw Brokerage. Those would probably be your best bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Thanks for starting this thread. I keep seeing ppl mention VET builds, but I never knew where to start looking for info. Now I got some reading to do!Forgive my ignorance, guys... But I just wiki'd the SR20VET to compare it to the DET and I have a question:Wiki rated the VET at 276hp using the GT2560rs... Is that the same turbo we commomly refer to as the shitty little T25 with the 14psi limit?! If so, at what stock psi does that motor run to achieve that 276hp? I'm guessing a VET setup with an S15 GT2860RS is how all the JDM tuners in the Hot Version videos are hitting like claims of 380hp for what they call 'fairly cheap while using OEM parts'. I always thought they were bullshitting...
Nah, that's a different turbo then the factory S13 sr20det turbo. Besides that, doing a VE conversion isn't really a fairly cheap way to make power. Just the items to do the conversion will cost you thousands. The same amount of money into a det engine will more then likely get you 380hp+, but standard det engine will never be as strong or capable of making more power then the VE head. The VE head offers TONS of benifits (larger ports, larger valves, roller rockers, variable valve lift and timing, ect.), with only one negative...cost. Basically, the VE head is the best choice, if you have the money/time.