View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 12:05 AM   #60
slw240sx
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
slw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to slw240sx
maybe its just the camera angles, and how i am judging the angles. i worry about the points that it can move on, it looks as the bar could move at the bolted points, allowing the bar to swing down and forward,even with the down bars it looks like they could all offer movement when forced with a lot of pressure.Thats what 1/8th strip stock? it could bow under forward load which could possibly allow the bars to gain motion. which if that happens, even a few inches, that could be enough to allow you to move to far.
Don't Take this as im trying to knock your work, i just worry about safety. when it comes to building something that is as important as restraints. i like to over build just to be on the safe side.

I think a way to make that design more solid would be to use some small DOM, or even square tubing to mount to the lap belt mount on the rocker to make it form a triangle with the Harness bar and the vertical support. I was also saying maybe make the mounting point on the bar be bolted in at 2 spots on the B pillar, possibly on a horizontal plane and using some plate steel at the bolt locations to help disperse any load it might see.

Jon