View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 09:26 AM   #378
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I don't know why I've never thought of looking into new OEM CV boots for my S13. Looks like they're still available too! Not sure I have the confidence to execute that though... but definitely going to look into doing that as I blow through old axles all of the time due to tearing the boots.

Looks amazing as always- nice progress sir!
Thanks, its really not that bad of a job. Just very tedious and messy. I would recommend having a parts washer or just some time/place set aside to rinse stuff off if you want it super clean. What we ended up doing is just wiping the stuff down as much as we could to get the old grease out. Tore boots is a very common GTR thing lol. Probably the first thing I would recommend for anyone who buys one if they haven't been changed already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Hmm, does Nissan still have oem S13/14 full axle assemblies available? The auto-parts store axles are definitely made out of weaker materials.
Im not sure on the full axle assemblies. But if they do, I'm sure they are pretty expensive. But then again, I looked at GTR axles which are much beefier than S-chassis. I can try and find out.