View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 09:00 PM   #22217
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
What would I be swapping in from the S13 LSD differential exactly? Only the whole differential case assembly minus the ring? And use the S14 ring instead?

After taking the differential internals apart I learned that the actual LSD has some play in it and I noticed its more than the S13 LSD's play. Thats what causing all the issues. As far as the ring and pinion wear go I agree, Im sure the extra bit of play isnt helping the differential as far as longevity goes.
Literally just the gear assembly itself. You need to reuse caps (they do go a certain way), shims, and ring gear. Also check the bearings, make sure they turn smoothly

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote