View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
MyblackS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
MyblackS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
LS S13 Coupe Build - Lots of Custom Parts

I'm about 2 years in this little engine swap project of mine that has turned into way more and I decided I would share here on Zilvia. This car has been an 11 year project in the running. I've had it "finished" atleast 3 times now. It started in 02' and was a basic SR swap. I drove that for a while, built the SR, installed a body kit and painted the car. Long story short, the built up SR didn't hold together, and I wasn't having much luck finding what I was looking for in a new block so I decided on going with a LS1.

Here's where the car started in 2002

And here's what I did to it first.

The SR was smoking, came out for a little freshen up and things were a lot worse than I thought. If you look closely at the bottom of the cylinder there is a chunk out of the liner and some of the casting around it blew out. It could still work, but not exactly ideal.

After tearing it down and parting as much as I could from the SR parts, I picked up a LS1 from a 2002 Trans-Am with a T56 from Craigslist. It came complete with the LS6 intake manifold so that was a bonus. A few weeks after I got the engine I started work on the motor mounts.

It went in pretty easily, but the tunnel took a lot of pounding to get the engine in the right spot. That's a friend of mine in the tunnel, we were taking turns with the hammer.

I made the motor mounts with some 1/4" thick laser cut plates and short sections of 2"x2"x1/4" wall tube

Passenger Side

Drivers Side

The tranny mount was made from some 1-1/8"OD .120 wall tube and angle iron for the mount plates.

The shifter is just about dead center in the hole
Sponsored Links