View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 06:19 PM   #24
Chopaholic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Chopaholic is an unknown quantity at this point
Quick update - Not much has changed, my engine has been delayed my a month which kind of holds me back in the things I can do, but it does give me more time to gather some parts.

I annoyed my girlfriend by doing the standard and wishing my three cars a Happy Valentines day.

I have so many parcels arriving I kind of forget when I buy things, I ordered these 3 months ago, one from the UK and one from Japan a nice combo of Red Bride Zeta and Red Bride Brix for the S15, I already had a spare passenger low mount Bride rail which was handy. Both seats need some minor fixing and certainly the Brix needs a serious wet vac.

My CoolerWorx shifter arrived, its for a BMW so will need some modification to work with the Silvia, my friend Ed got me some nice 3mm steel plate from work to mock some stuff up with. For anyone interested, this is a great solution to not having to run the big clunky shifter assembly which comes on a standard BMW box, I now just need a shifter rod cut and welded to size and I will have nice race car feel changes.

A common JZ/RB in Sbody issue is cooling, there is not enough space between the front of the engine and the radiator in standard position to run a viscous clutch fan, most people try to run electric fans instead but often still run into heat issues. An option is cutting the slam panel, moving the radiator further into it which free's up the space needed. I decided I didn't want to cut the panel as it kind of ruins the car and have opted to go for a more hidden style radiator which will sit in below the slam panel, some research found this Volkswagen Sirocco 56mm Radiator for not very much money. Note its got no filler cap and has same sided inlet/outlets. The JZ water neck will need modified to work.

While waiting on my engine I have found something else which can pass some time, pictures to come in the next few weeks.
Chopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote