View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #28
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawrSoft View Post
Front and read control arms are rubber NOS, and EXTREMELY hard to find, and I paid a grip for them.
The valve cover, intake manifold and intake side of the turbo are all powder coated. The block likely will hold for a bit then need to be touched up. Not a big deal for me.
You may be right about the pulleys, have you had both and tested both?
Fill me in on the problems of top mount.

What else?
its good that you powdercoated the top parts, much better option than painting which doesnt always hold well. block being painted black doesnt always hold, hard to see leaks, etc... but you already know that.

options with bushings are real limited with older cars like this, so i understand. i would have attempted to so solid or bearings as opposed to urethane, but if you went OE rubber thats great

top mount turbo? preference really, but ide say too many heat issues and problems with manifolds cracking. thats why i stay bottom mount. its bad enough the exhaust side is shared with the brake components

pulleys are not worth a damn. dampers are important, anyone who says otherwise is totally full of shit and doesnt have an understanding of harmonics. the underdrive pulleys are less worrisome, but still bullshit gimick products - i dont think you gain much from underdriving PS/AC/ALT... waste of time, imo.

also, what is that long braided line going to? runs that long should be tubing (not flex). you should buy some tubing + bender + flare tool and do it while its all apart. overall, cool build
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote