View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #42
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DDonovan is an unknown quantity at this point
August 5th Update

Well only 15 days till the Poker Run. Some of you will probably be happy to have it all over with and are tired of hearing about it. Believe me as the sole organizer of this event, I can't wait for it to be over either. We do have a great list of sponsors and a wonderful list of prizes and raffle items that have been donated to the cause. If you registered for the event it is time to purchase your tickets. If you want to register for the event, there is only ONE week left. Contact me with any questions, and if you can make the event, please make an effort to do so. It truly is a great time, nice cruise with wonderful scenery. A excellent dinner and awards evening, and lots of prizes/items for everyone.

One of the questions I get asked the most is "I don't know how to play poker"..., some people think that a poker run is actually a poker game with the proceeds going to charity. Not the case at all. A poker run is a rally where speed is not the focus at all. You have a starting point and a route. Along that route you will have 7 checkpoints that are all mapped out for you. You follow the maps (or a group of people like we will have), and you simply cruise to each checkpoint on the list. At each checkpoint you will receive a playing card. The last checkpoint will be Mt Washington where you will receive your 7th card. You hand in the 7 cards to the judges at the end of the run and the prize money is awarded to the highest hands based on the payout which is based on the number of participants. You don't need to know anything about poker or poker hands. We will figure it out for you, or you can do it yourself.

We have a wonderful dinner at Mt Washington and a raffle where you can win such prizes as Hotel anywhere in the America's for a week, free nigh at Tigh-Na-Mara resort including the groto spa, golf package for 4 including carts, F1 training in Calgary, many other items...,

If at all you can make this event please do, contact me for any further information.

Last edited by DDonovan; 08-12-2011 at 01:30 PM..
DDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote