View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 05:25 PM   #34
a3dicbillygoat

Trader Rating: (0)
a3dicbillygoat is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for all the support guys it means a lot! I've spent a lot of time mentally and physically trying to get this car to where I want it to be.

The front end had a tube and plate welded across the bottom that the tension rod bolts to as well as capped frame rails and another "jack" bar that ties into the frame rails and is made out of the same material as the cage.

So structurally I think all the strength is there.

As for the top almost all the core support is still in tact just the center section was cut out to lean the radiator forward. It would probably all get vaporized in an accident but that's fine.

IMO the weaker the front end is up there the more the damage will localize to that area rather than spreading to the frame and strut towers. However at some point I will be welding bars from the strut towers to the frame rails which should keep the motor from getting hit and keep the front end together in case of an accident.

I've been wanting to get opinions on front and rear bash bars. I have an idea in my head but it would be cool to see some cars that have gotten wrecked and see how the S chassis reacts in certain situations when crashing.
a3dicbillygoat is offline   Reply With Quote