View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 01:59 PM   #11
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
So, although I typically ignore these threads, I will make some input as I am pricing out the same as well

If the engine is going to be opened up, there is a fairly large list of things to do apart from just rods and pistons

Rods/Pistons/Bearings/Rod bolts/rings/pins: Set from Mazworx is about $1100 shipped to your door
Head bolts: Mazworx has them for $184 + shipping
DE Oil Pump: $180 + shipping
Water Pump: $40-$60 BNIB
Gasket Kit (with Head Gasket): $200 + shipping from GSpec
Timing Chain kit (tensioner, gaskets, guides and chain): $300 + shipping from Mazworx
Machine work (Deck): $90-150
Machine work (bore/hone): $100-200
Machine work (Hot Tank): $60-$120
Total: About $2200 - $2500. Now, you can most definitely shop around and get things cheaper, but that is strictly a bottom end price. No head work involved. You can swtich to a VE head for about another 900-1100 (probably less if you just buy a full P11 VE long block, part out what you do not need and buy CAS and relocation kit).

So all in all, you are looking at $3500-$4000 for a very simple build.

DOESNT INCLUDE LABOR!

However, if you have to ask this question, you are already screwed...........
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote