View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #9
jcx2000

Trader Rating: (0)
jcx2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just ran into this problem on Thursday. I was driving my car with no issues, and when I tried starting it up after pulling cash out of an atm, it just wouldn't start. I literally had it off for like 2-3 min

It would just click. And if I tried to give it gas while trying to turn it on it felt almost as if my engine would shake. so I left my car parked for a couple of hours and when I tried it again it started with no issue.

so I drove it my house with no issue. I turned it off and fired it back up, again to my surprise- no issue starting it up that time either.
so the very next morning I fired up my car and drove to my friend's shop so I could order an ignition switch. (I've been needing a new one since May... the previous owner wanted to do switch to start, but he tapped into the ECU from the wrong side and kinda fried a wire (maybe starter relay or something like that. But it is a black wire coming from the top of the started. so I got it redone and changed back to normal key in ignition startup). again the car was running fine at this point. but after I left his shop and went back to my car the same issue it wouldn't start.

we tested my battery (3months old) it read that it was good
we checked my distributor rotor and cap and they were a little corroded so I
went and got a new cap and rotor from autozone, and when installed the car fired up with ease no issue whatsoever. so he told me to drive it around the block and see how it feels.. the.
mt car only made it half way upo the hill/ block before losing power. and it did so when i changed from second to third gear. At this point, my car is facing uphill with absoultuely no power so just reversed back down to his shop. and we did all the same things we did the first time to see it if it would start up. but it wouldnt. so we did a test to see if my engine has spark and it no longer did.
Could it be that my ignition switch finally took a crap on me? or is it something deeper?

Last edited by jcx2000; 09-01-2019 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: mispelling
jcx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote