View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 09:47 PM   #20
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
The noise seems to be louder when I'm going around a left turn (but it also makes it turning right and occasionally straight), it doesn't have to be a sharp turn; for example if I took a left that I could comfortably take at 100 mph at 40, it would still make the noise. I tried to simulate conditions by putting the car on jackstands and running it in gear with the ebrake slightly up to introduce some load but I couldn't make the noise happen.

As far as the diff goes, that's what I was thinking but I've literally exhausted every other possibility so I don't know. I picked up another welded for $40 so it seems like the cheapest part to troubleshoot right now and if it doesn't work I can sell the one that's in the car now.
If it's louder going around a left turn then check your right rear wheel bearing. The outside wheel is loaded heavier when cornering so if a bearing has an issue it will be louder. It won't make any significant noise on jackstands because the bearing isn't loaded. I've heard all sorts of funny noises like what you describe from wheel bearings. If you've exhausted all other possibilities then pull the hub and check it. Hell, I could yank a rear hub in like 15 minutes. The trick is get a 19mm swivel impact socket.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote