Thread: Suspension FAQ
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 01:19 PM   #12
dorisil80

Trader Rating: (0)
dorisil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
just to help out even more (for newbeeees .on the alignment part a few things to mention is what happens when the car is lowed on a... s13 for example if the car is lowed and measured at the factory height check points(not eye or fender looks)the rear tends to toe in and the front toe out imagine this in ur head WOW!! looks crazy what is really going on is the rear has a stability setting and the front has a more agrressive turn in. generally toe out in the front inducess quicker turn in but u lose high stability as for the reaR toe in more stability(also mimicks a stiffer rear like stability bars with out them and toe out loosens the rear ( this setting is most desired for drifting) remember also that since its rear wheel drive the rear toe when accellerating will toe in because of the torque(torque pulls in the wheels in ward) so keep in mind that the differential plays a big part as well the majority of my customers that i do suspension tuning(this is what i do for a living i set the rear to toe out 2degrees(power plays a role) on mild sr20 if they have more power such as 270hp or so plus i will increase toe out since more torque will want to pull the rear wheels in( this is for drifting set up with 2way diff)i cant really give an example for auto-x because its more indeep than drifting set-ups. their is ALOT more but i will post little by little what i call CTC caster toe camber the 3 magic works that make a world of a diff!!! hope this helps a bit!!!!
dorisil80 is offline   Reply With Quote