View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 05:14 PM   #11
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
At the end of the day, it's a 2l 4 cyl. They get super hot with abuse in warm weather, so we throw huge radiators and oil pans for more fluid to fight heat soak. However, with normal driving it doesn't need all of that. Even more so with cold temps. So it takes forever to bring all that fluid up to operating temp. As for oil pan temp sensor, generally yes, it's the best spot. Mainly because it's the average temp of everything in the motor. Oil temps will be all over the place depending on where you look (temp of oil coming from the turbo will be way hotter than say the oil coming out of a cam squirter). But an even more important reason to get it from the pan is because that's where oil will be getting pulled from, and back on whatever path to whatever part it ends up lubricating. That way, you have an overall view of what's happening. Your arc pan is like the greddy pan in the sense it holds a LOT of oil. Even here in Cali, I noticed that it would take a long time to bring oil temps up unless I was beating the hell out of it. That's why I switched to a p2m pan and I have an HKS cooler (thermostatic w/ cooling fan, 200/190 temp switch). No more issues bringing fluids up to temp.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote